Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings | Speedster Williamson looking like a deep threat

I think for Troy, its his confidence. He had huge shoes to fill when he came in, and everyone was saying how he going to replace Moss. I think maybe he tried too hard last year. Now since Koren is the # 1 guy, that should ease the pressure from Troy & let him do his thing. Remember in college, South Carolina was not a "Pass First" team. They ran it most of the time, so Troy needed to adjust. This should be a better year for T-Will

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Vikings | Speedster Williamson looking like a deep threa

"Del Rio" wrote:
    He made some huge catches last year and finally began to break through, once he actually got to play lol.
    everybody always says that, but the way i remember it he actually got the most playing time in weeks 2-6 maybe. I'm probably wrong, but because I'm stubborn i'll look it up anyway.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

^^^^ So I looked it up and he actually got more oppurtunities towards the beginning of the year. Reason: Koren Robinson took time to learn.

Troy's week-by-week

I'm not going to post his entire game log but fantasy points wise, he had 0 week one, followed by 4, 14, 9, in weeks two, three, and 4. After that, his points per week never exceeded 5.

Del Rio Guest

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    ^^^^ So I looked it up and he actually got more oppurtunities towards the beginning of the year. Reason: Koren Robinson took time to learn.

Troy's week-by-week

I'm not going to post his entire game log but fantasy points wise, he had 0 week one, followed by 4, 14, 9, in weeks two, three, and 4. After that, his points per week never exceeded 5.
    Yes he started 3 games during the begining of the season. He even had his best game # wise during the begining of the season.

He played more downs towards the end of the season. You can look at game logs and then play by play via NFL.com to get the full picture. He was used by Tice at the begining of the season for the deep threat. Towards the end he played more of the game. He began making more blocks, and more crucial cathces.

Hence the "He made some huge catches last year and finally began to break through, once he actually got to play lol"

He get play time during the first of the year, he only finished one game that he started all the way through though.

His first two starts were the result of Nate Burleson getting injured. Even after impressive outings in his stead Tice sidelined Troy. Using him sparingly.

He didn't really begin to see an increase in play time until around week 9.

Del Rio Guest

This is what I find interesting:

G Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 1st 1st % 20+ 40+
    FIRST DOWN 0 8 148 18.5 53 1 6 75.0 3 1
    SECOND DOWN 0 7 100 14.3 56 0 4 57.1 1 1
    THIRD DOWN 0 8 108 13.5 36 0 7 87.5 2 0
    FOURTH DOWN 0 1 16 16.0 16 1 1 100.0 0 0

1ST HALF 0 11 193 17.5 56 1 9 81.8 3 2
    2ND HALF 0 13 179 13.8 36 1 9 69.2 3 0

1ST QUARTER 0 4 28 7.0 12 0 3 75.0 0 0
    2ND QUARTER 0 7 165 23.6 56 1 6 85.7 3 2
    3RD QUARTER 0 5 61 12.2 21 0 4 80.0 1 0
    4TH QUARTER 0 8 118 14.8 36 1 5 62.5 2 0

danimal292 is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings | Speedster Williamson looking like a deep threat

he'll be good.. it was smart of us to pick that type of reciever seeing how the NFL has been "evolving" lately with the shitty rules for the d-backs... smaller quick recievers had their best years EVER last year. 2nd year is usually when WRs break out...

PS- Im gonna miss Nate (not gonna lie). He had a great ability to break tackles and get a few extra yards every play..

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:

Troy's week-by-week

Yes he started 3 games during the begining of the season. He even had his best game # wise during the begining of the season.

He played more downs towards the end of the season. You can look at game logs and then play by play via NFL.com to get the full picture. He was used by Tice at the begining of the season for the deep threat. Towards the end he played more of the game. He began making more blocks, and more crucial cathces.

Hence the "He made some huge catches last year and finally began to break through, once he actually got to play lol"

He get play time during the first of the year, he only finished one game that he started all the way through though.
    he did in fact make some big plays, but seeing him chasing a deep ball down the field was almost funny..he couldve made many more big plays, but failed to make adjustments to the ball when it was in the air, and would mistime easily catchable passes..i hope this is something he can work out so that the deep ball will still be an option with this team from time to time
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345