Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings | Speedster Williamson looking like a deep threa

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    Yeah, after seeing how Mike Williams did in Detriot, I'm glad we decided to pick Troy Williamson.

I think he will improve this season, but not by much. You have to remember Brad Johnson will be throwing him the ball and the the last time I checked, he's not capable of throwing the deep ball.

Eventually, I think Williamson will become a good deep threat, he's blazing fast, has good hands, and seems to have solid body control.

Usually, wide receivers don't develop until about their third year in the NFL.

So give Williamson some time, and I think he will do very well.
    Grandpa Johnson will not be able to get him the ball down the field as often as I would like for Troy next year. That being said I think Mike Williams, although he sucked in Detroit would be better for the Vikings this season. He is a beast, and a possession style receiver, which is what the WCO needs. Everyone who is ready to throw in the towel on that man is seriously mistaken. You have to remember he didn't even play football for a year so he was out of the flow. Now that he has a new coach, and a new QB I expect him to do pretty well and all of us to be angry he isn't wearing purple.

Re: Vikings | Speedster Williamson looking like a deep threat

I would not want Mike Williams because look how he is for detriot right now!!

Well, last I checked, Brad can throw an accurate short ball....he can let williamson do the work after the catch!

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

He showed promise last year with some great catches

Formerly Viking24

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    Yeah, after seeing how Mike Williams did in Detriot, I'm glad we decided to pick Troy Williamson.

I think he will improve this season, but not by much. You have to remember Brad Johnson will be throwing him the ball and the the last time I checked, he's not capable of throwing the deep ball.

Eventually, I think Williamson will become a good deep threat, he's blazing fast, has good hands, and seems to have solid body control.

Grandpa Johnson will not be able to get him the ball down the field as often as I would like for Troy next year. That being said I think Mike Williams, although he sucked in Detroit would be better for the Vikings this season. He is a beast, and a possession style receiver, which is what the WCO needs. Everyone who is ready to throw in the towel on that man is seriously mistaken. You have to remember he didn't even play football for a year so he was out of the flow. Now that he has a new coach, and a new QB I expect him to do pretty well and all of us to be angry he isn't wearing purple.
    Did you watch any of Mike Williams last year? He is big I will give you that but looks like a TE but is too slow even to play there and he cannot get separation from coverage. He showed the Lions nothing no flashes or anything. To say that he is a better fit than Williamson is absurd!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    [quote]"VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:

Did you watch any of Mike Williams last year? He is big I will give you that but looks like a TE but is too slow even to play there and he cannot get separation from coverage. He showed the Lions nothing no flashes or anything. To say that he is a better fit than Williamson is absurd![/quote]

LMAO, where do you see my saying that Williams is a better fit than Williamson?
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    [size=18px]Vikings | Speedster Williamson looking like a deep threat[/size]
    [size=9px]Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:13:59 -0700[/size]

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson looked great in the teams recent minicamp April 7-9. The second-year receiver showed great hands and tremendous speed in the open field.
    That's great and all but all fast guys look good in shorts during mini-camps. As Iverson says, "We talking about practice, not the game... Practice". I hope T-Will is sweet this year too, I just want to see it on gamedays before I believe it. Do we really expect Mike Wobschall a writer for Vikings.com to tell us if Troy Williamson is looking like a pile of crap during mini-camp? No way... we all believe the media way too often. Of course he is going to say Troy is looking sweet... he is employed by the Vikings. I remember hearing Dontarrious Thomas was going to be the man too and look what happened there. He sucks.
    well he obviously must have stood out or else he wouldn't have said anything at all. If he was average and Krob was doing amazing, the story wouldn't go "Twill was doing awesome", it would be "the recievers looked decent but one that really stood out was Krob".

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    [quote]"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:

Did you watch any of Mike Williams last year? He is big I will give you that but looks like a TE but is too slow even to play there and he cannot get separation from coverage. He showed the Lions nothing no flashes or anything. To say that he is a better fit than Williamson is absurd![/quote]

It was Viking guy 43 that stated Williams would be a better fit.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    [quote]"PurplePride80" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:

Yeah, your right.

I thought you were talking about me, sorry.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

mnrockstar is offline Rookie

I think its good news ..... but like what has been said - we don't know if this will actually happen... obviously Vikings.com is going to say he looks awesome.. not that i doubt him at all because he has so much potential and he just happens to be one of my favorite players

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    [quote]"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride80

Yeah, your right.

But it looks like you quoted what I said.
    I had to quote what you said because VG43 quoted you, sorry you had to be liked to such an absurd idea as to think MW is a better fit than TW.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast