Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings sign WR Michael Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1102208
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1102171
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102167
    Thanks for the update my friend.

I'm glad it was this guy instead of that nasty PUKER.
    No problem! I didn't want James Jones either, but I thought we'd pick up someone a little better than Michael Jenkins :sick: We need to spend the rest of our money on some secondary help! Or decent O-lineman. I will puke if we re-sign Ryan Cook (my least favorite Vikings player of all-time).
    I just have a funny feeling that we'll be looking at Griffen, Abdullah, Johnson, and Cook as our secondary. I would love to be wrong.
    I sure hope Winfield gets to play in your secondary..

CPonderFan is offline Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1102299

No problem! I didn't want James Jones either, but I thought we'd pick up someone a little better than Michael Jenkins :sick: We need to spend the rest of our money on some secondary help! Or decent O-lineman. I will puke if we re-sign Ryan Cook (my least favorite Vikings player of all-time).
    I just have a funny feeling that we'll be looking at Griffen, Abdullah, Johnson, and Cook as our secondary. I would love to be wrong.
    Lol
    None

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "iowa" #1102294
    I like it, I recall picking up another slow, possesion receiver from Ohio State off of the scrap heap, that one turned out OK.
    Lol, good point. HOWEVER, that particular "scrap heap" receiver had the best hands in NFL history. I don't know if Jenkins is comparable to Carter in any way other than the same alma mater.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1102299

Of course. I'm basing it off of last seasons training camp. The coaches were very high on Cook. There were talks of him replacing Winny and Winny becoming our Nickle guy.

Now unfortunately Cook tore meniscus in both knees and struggled catching up.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Took #84..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1102196
    As I said before:

Career 100 yard receiving games:

Hank Baskett: 2, Devin Aromashodu: 1, Michael Jenkins: 0.

If you're expecting a Rice replacement, you will be very, very disappointed.

If you're expecting a Camarillo replacement? Maybe.
    Not sure if someone else already pointed this out.. but while he hasn't had a 100 yard game, he came pretty close many times.

And if you look at the Falcons the last year.. I don't remember very many, if ANY, 100 yard receivers on that team. They spread the ball pretty well last year (I didn't look at the previous years, could have been the same, but no clue)

I'm not saying he'll replace Rice. I'm just pointing out that it could very well be apart of the system he was in at ATL. Which effectively would be the same system here if Musgrave uses it.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

delviking is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "GQVikesFanLV" #1102272
    I was browsing the Falcons message board to see if I could get any positive input on him and no one is sad to see Jenkins go. I'm hoping.. really really hoping that this bodes well for us..

of course not
    there to high on the potential of Julio Jones. But if he busts theyll all be up in arms about how they let there number 2 go.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1102320
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1102196
    As I said before:

Career 100 yard receiving games:

Hank Baskett: 2, Devin Aromashodu: 1, Michael Jenkins: 0.

If you're expecting a Rice replacement, you will be very, very disappointed.

If you're expecting a Camarillo replacement? Maybe.
    Not sure if someone else already pointed this out.. but while he hasn't had a 100 yard game, he came pretty close many times.

And if you look at the Falcons the last year.. I don't remember very many, if ANY, 100 yard receivers on that team. They spread the ball pretty well last year (I didn't look at the previous years, could have been the same, but no clue)

I'm not saying he'll replace Rice. I'm just pointing out that it could very well be apart of the system he was in at ATL. Which effectively would be the same system here if Musgrave uses it.
    I think you are right. I didn't understand why they were going after the receivers they signed. But it becomes apparant they aren't trying to find another Rice. They are changing the system a bit.

Atlanta ran out of the 2 tight end set something like forty percent of the time.
    In a 2 tight end set, you can only have one wide out and Percy on the field in the slot, most of the time.

Aromashodu is fast and plays best on the outside. He fell out of favor with Martz last year because he was placed in the slot and dropped some balls. He mostly rode the pine but has some upside.

Jenkins is a pure possesion guy that can block who apparently has good hands but is slow. Sidney was no speedster.

Atlanta throws a lot of outs, come backs, and play action passes.
    They do some misdirection, draws, and screens.

So maybe this crew of never beens will work out. Wouldn't have been my approach to free agency, but I don't know squat.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I do love the fact that he is a run-blocker. And he has good hands. I'm disappointed that we didn't sign a big name. However, this signing is growing on me. It just makes a lot of sense.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Hard to get overly excited about this signing. He was great in college at OSU. And, I do like this signing much better than I would have liked Braylon Edwards (dude can't catch a cold). If nothing else, it gives us a big body, a nice red zone target. Hopefully it works out. Time will tell.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast