Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 100 of 100
  1. #91
    duvaldomo's Avatar
    duvaldomo is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    903

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    That leaves,
    Wade, Rice, BB, Harvin, JJ and Reynaud.
    Some how I think we go into the season with 6 WR this year.
    if its true we might keep all 4 QBs cant see that happening but it could. if we trade or release one QB i can see us going with 6 also

  2. #92
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    That leaves,
    Wade, Rice, BB, Harvin, JJ and Reynaud.
    Some how I think we go into the season with 6 WR this year.
    if its true we might keep all 4 QBs cant see that happening but it could. if we trade or release one QB i can see us going with 6 also
    Don't forget the earlier talk of Harvin as #3RB, which would potentially allow for it to happen....


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  3. #93
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    That leaves,
    Wade, Rice, BB, Harvin, JJ and Reynaud.
    Some how I think we go into the season with 6 WR this year.
    if its true we might keep all 4 QBs cant see that happening but it could. if we trade or release one QB i can see us going with 6 also
    Don't forget the earlier talk of Harvin as #3RB, which would potentially allow for it to happen....
    Sigh....

    You mean that keeping only 2 RBs would allow us to keep 6 WRs.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #94
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,228

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    Yeah ... I think that we all knew Holt was not going to make it with how well Reynaud and Johnson seem to be performing.
    So the locks are Berrian, Rice, Wade and Harvin ... and I would say that Reynaud has moved into the No. 5 spot. Johnson might be making a strong case for us to carry six WRs.

  5. #95
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,228

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    "V" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    That leaves,
    Wade, Rice, BB, Harvin, JJ and Reynaud.
    Some how I think we go into the season with 6 WR this year.
    if its true we might keep all 4 QBs cant see that happening but it could. if we trade or release one QB i can see us going with 6 also
    Don't forget the earlier talk of Harvin as #3RB, which would potentially allow for it to happen....
    Sigh....

    You mean that keeping only 2 RBs would allow us to keep 6 WRs.
    There is a lot of finagling that can go on with a roster to get 3 RBs and 6 WRs ... maybe only Shiancoe and Jimmy K at TE for instance? Maybe go with a thinner LB corps, etc.
    I do think they are going to find a way to keep 6 WRs, but I am not sold on the fact that they will keep 4 QBs.

  6. #96
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    "V" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    That leaves,
    Wade, Rice, BB, Harvin, JJ and Reynaud.
    Some how I think we go into the season with 6 WR this year.
    if its true we might keep all 4 QBs cant see that happening but it could. if we trade or release one QB i can see us going with 6 also
    Don't forget the earlier talk of Harvin as #3RB, which would potentially allow for it to happen....
    Sigh....

    You mean that keeping only 2 RBs would allow us to keep 6 WRs.
    Oh yeah, I expect that rumor to start up again here REAL soon.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  7. #97
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    I wouldn't be suprised if Johnson makes the #5 spot because of PR ability. I would be REALLY upset if we can't get Reynaud on to the practice squad in case he doesn't make the 53 man squad. I don't see us keeping 6 WRs. Albert Young has the 3rd RB spot pretty much wrapped up.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  8. #98
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    I will say there is NO chance Reynaud will clear waivers for the practice squad.
    I think Ian Johnson will be lucky to clear waivers, as well, but that is far more likely to happen.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  9. #99
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    "Big" wrote:
    I wouldn't be suprised if Johnson makes the #5 spot because of PR ability. I would be REALLY upset if we can't get Reynaud on to the practice squad in case he doesn't make the 53 man squad. I don't see us keeping 6 WRs. Albert Young has the 3rd RB spot pretty much wrapped up.
    We have versatile backup lineman in Hicks and Cook, meaning we could shave a roster spot there:

    3 QBs
    3 RBs
    2 FBs
    2 TEs
    6 WRs
    8 OL

    Does that sound about right?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #100
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,853

    Re: Vikings sign WR Holt

    "V" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    I wouldn't be suprised if Johnson makes the #5 spot because of PR ability. I would be REALLY upset if we can't get Reynaud on to the practice squad in case he doesn't make the 53 man squad. I don't see us keeping 6 WRs. Albert Young has the 3rd RB spot pretty much wrapped up.
    We have versatile backup lineman in Hicks and Cook, meaning we could shave a roster spot there:

    3 QBs
    3 RBs
    2 FBs
    2 TEs
    6 WRs
    8 OL

    Does that sound about right?
    Nice

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Similar Threads

  1. No wonder we didn't sign Torry Holt..
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 10:28 AM
  2. Holt to the Jags
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 06:38 AM
  3. We need to sign Torry Holt the second he is released
    By Jhinn10 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 05:48 AM
  4. Roy Williams or Holt anyone?
    By oddjob142 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
  5. Tory Holt
    By nikoli in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 03:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •