Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings sign a Saluki WR

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    will we ever sign a big name person who can come in and start immediately. jeez im tired of these "Project WR's"

Chilly is diggin in a haystack looking for a needle. looking for that marques colston. if u notice if u look for those type of people you wont find them. its just by luck

we havent signed a big name since steve hutch. who did we even sign last year...Todd Pinkston, Dez white...these NO name recievers and Bobby "im overpaid" Wade. and of course Fergie ferg.

We sit up here and pray for Benard Berrian and randy moss and larry fitzgerald and Jared allen.. we will NOT sign any of them. BECAUSE chilly wants to go to the hall of fame for building a team. The Vikings need 2 win now. Chilly needs to relize he doesnt have 10 years!!!! to develop a team with a losing record.. or you can say hello to The Los Angeles Vikes

and hello to the Minnesota Lakes
    Sharp, you realize this guy is only practice fodder and is no way intended to be the "Solution" at WR don't you.

As I said on page one...........

Quote from: Marrdro on Yesterday at 12:24:09 pm
    Everybody relax.

They will (abit early though) start to get thier rosters full of cats like this to act as cannon fodder during OTA's/preseason as well as someone to bring in for our QB's to throw to and CB to work out against during the off season.

Jeeessssszzzz Luuuuuuiiiiizz zze.
    I thought you guys knew that stuff
    Probably, but in general Marr. Atleast Tice signed big names like ... Tione and smoot(back when he was good) and Sharper AND Pat AND Marcus Robinson...AND Jermaine Wiggins.. ETC!!! Tice new he had to win now to save his job.. Chilly is taking his sweet ol' jolly time
    I like the long term approach. I don't want the coach thinking that if he doesn't win 9 or 10 games he is done, I want him to have the patients to build a superbowl team and a team that will make the playoffs for many years to come. The way to do that is to build through the draft and not over pay free agents. The colts for example have done it the right way. 22 of 22 of their starters have only played for the colts in the professional careers, and they won a superbowl. I hope that Chilly is still the coach in 5 years, teams just don't consistantly win when they replace the coach every 3 years.
    Wow, I never knew that, thats a really interesting stat O.o... and very rare, especially in this day & age.
    Thanks for throwing that out

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I think the #1 aspect that we as fans are looking for is consistancy.

consistancy in all things.

Winning, Drafting, Coaches, Scheme's..

This is what happens when you have a coach for 5+ years, A front office that works with the coaching staff, and an owner that see's the future instead of just the present.

The ViKiNGs
    have brought in some big names to fit specific places he saw problems.
    as Marr always says.. It's a front office/coaching staff combined front.. all the credit goes out to them!!

now the Vikes need to keep the growth of the team heading into the 08 season. Guys like this Saluki, and probably 30 others that will be brought in via draft/FA/undrafts/tryouts.. during the time now till the end of training camp will help us build that consistancy of a winning team. how?
    by finding those rare gems that will fit into the vision Bchill calls his WCO or KAO offence. He's gonna find those peices that will build HIS future team. does that mean we should roll over and say ok we're dead?
    HELL NO!! but understand that championship teams that are consistantly in the play offs are built over time. .not 1 year wonders..

want proof?
    look at chicago..

ohh.. and pls pls pls.. keep Fraizer!!!!
    we can't loose another D cord to HC position!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"digital420" wrote:
    I think the #1 aspect that we as fans are looking for is consistancy.

consistancy in all things.

Winning, Drafting, Coaches, Scheme's..

This is what happens when you have a coach for 5+ years, A front office that works with the coaching staff, and an owner that see's the future instead of just the present.

The ViKiNGs
    have brought in some big names to fit specific places he saw problems.
    as Marr always says.. It's a front office/coaching staff combined front.. all the credit goes out to them!!

now the Vikes need to keep the growth of the team heading into the 08 season. Guys like this Saluki, and probably 30 others that will be brought in via draft/FA/undrafts/tryouts.. during the time now till the end of training camp will help us build that consistancy of a winning team. how?
    by finding those rare gems that will fit into the vision Bchill calls his WCO or KAO offence. He's gonna find those peices that will build HIS future team. does that mean we should roll over and say ok we're dead?
    HELL NO!! but understand that championship teams that are consistantly in the play offs are built over time. .not 1 year wonders..

want proof?
    look at chicago..

DiGiTaL

I feel like it is praise Digital day.
    Second post of yours that I have read that makes me think there is hope in the world.

Great stuff my friend.

On a side note, I do give credit to the players as well.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"digital420" wrote:

How do you propose they keep Frazier if he's offered a head coaching job?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

=Z=
    Stick his a$$ in the closet with an extra couple mill!!

fill his coffee with extra strong LSD so that he goes down there and acts like a phreak show..

kidnapp him until after teams have made their choices!!!

we can't loose our DC AGAIN!!! not after 1 !#$^%!$% year and a very definitive growth to our D!!

Jeez
    i think the Vikes are becoming a very fluent Coach producing program!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"digital420" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

Stick his a$$ in the closet with an extra couple mill!!

fill his coffee with extra strong LSD so that he goes down there and acts like a phreak show..

kidnapp him until after teams have made their choices!!!

we can't loose our DC AGAIN!!! not after 1 !#$^%!$% year and a very definitive growth to our D!!

Jeez
    i think the Vikes are becoming a very fluent Coach producing program!!

DiGiTaL
    LOL!
    I disagree a bit that the defense progressed between last year and this - I see more of treading water with little to no improvement in the pass defense.

Now - if you want the Vikings to stop losing D-Coordinators, then you need to tell them to stop hiring qualified black guys.
    I know that sounds specious, but Tomlin - most likely - got his first interview with the Steelers because he was black (as well as being young and smart) and then got the job based on his football smarts.
    Frazier is CLEARLY being interviewed because he's black (I don't care what the supposed watch-dog group is saying this AM).

The doors are being opened because of the Rooney Rule - of which I wholeheartedly approve.
    But if you hire the hot young black assistant to be your coordinator, then you have to be prepared for interviews every off-season, and the potential for losing them.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234