Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings sign a Saluki WR

"SharperImage" wrote:
    will we ever sign a big name person who can come in and start immediately. jeez im tired of these "Project WR's"

Chilly is diggin in a haystack looking for a needle. looking for that marques colston. if u notice if u look for those type of people you wont find them. its just by luck

we havent signed a big name since steve hutch. who did we even sign last year...Todd Pinkston, Dez white...these NO name recievers and Bobby "im overpaid" Wade. and of course Fergie ferg.

We sit up here and pray for Benard Berrian and randy moss and larry fitzgerald and Jared allen.. we will NOT sign any of them. BECAUSE chilly wants to go to the hall of fame for building a team. The Vikings need 2 win now. Chilly needs to relize he doesnt have 10 years!!!! to develop a team with a losing record.. or you can say hello to The Los Angeles Vikes

and hello to the Minnesota Lakes
    Sharp, you realize this guy is only practice fodder and is no way intended to be the "Solution" at WR don't you.

As I said on page one...........

Quote from: Marrdro on Yesterday at 12:24:09 pm
    Everybody relax.

They will (abit early though) start to get thier rosters full of cats like this to act as cannon fodder during OTA's/preseason as well as someone to bring in for our QB's to throw to and CB to work out against during the off season.

Jeeessssszzzz Luuuuuuiiiiizz zze.
    I thought you guys knew that stuff
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    will we ever sign a big name person who can come in and start immediately. jeez im tired of these "Project WR's"

Chilly is diggin in a haystack looking for a needle. looking for that marques colston. if u notice if u look for those type of people you wont find them. its just by luck

we havent signed a big name since steve hutch. who did we even sign last year...Todd Pinkston, Dez white...these NO name recievers and Bobby "im overpaid" Wade. and of course Fergie ferg.

We sit up here and pray for Benard Berrian and randy moss and larry fitzgerald and Jared allen.. we will NOT sign any of them. BECAUSE chilly wants to go to the hall of fame for building a team. The Vikings need 2 win now. Chilly needs to relize he doesnt have 10 years!!!! to develop a team with a losing record.. or you can say hello to The Los Angeles Vikes

Sharp, you realize this guy is only practice fodder and is no way intended to be the "Solution" at WR don't you.

Everybody relax.

They will (abit early though) start to get thier rosters full of cats like this to act as cannon fodder during OTA's/preseason as well as someone to bring in for our QB's to throw to and CB to work out against during the off season.

Probably, but in general Marr. Atleast Tice signed big names like ... Tione and smoot(back when he was good) and Sharper AND Pat AND Marcus Robinson...AND Jermaine Wiggins.. ETC!!! Tice new he had to win now to save his job.. Chilly is taking his sweet ol' jolly time

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Everybody relax.

Probably, but in general Marr. Atleast Tice signed big names like ... Tione and smoot(back when he was good) and Sharper AND Pat AND Marcus Robinson...AND Jermaine Wiggins.. ETC!!! Tice new he had to win now to save his job.. Chilly is taking his sweet ol' jolly time
    And how well did those big names work out?
    Didn't exactly save Tice's job now did it.
    Smoot and Robinson never made an impact and Wiggy had one good year.
    And you don't think that Childress has ever brought in big names?
    That's funny, because I remember Hutch, Taylor, Richardson, etc.

Just because we went one FA without signing every big name out there doesn't mean that Childress is intent on only bringing in project guys...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Everybody relax.

I hear ya my friend.
    Two comments....

1. Tice never signed big names.....The front office did.
    Same thing with the Chiller. The front office (with the coaches input of course) are responsible for scouting, bringing in and signing talent.

Coach Tice was fired by the new ownership because of the way he ran the team and not because of players or how many wins/losses the team had.

2. Because of the way that the front office/staff is structured I believe this owner is in on almost all of the key player/personnel moves, especially after the Foley screw up, and understands the pro's and con's of not signing "Big Name" players.

With that said, I don't think the Chiller is in anyway worried about his job because of the owners buyin for the plan.
    The only ones that seem to think his job is in jeopardy are the fans that believe what the local sports hacks and ESPN talking heads say.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Everybody relax.

And how well did those big names work out?
    Didn't exactly save Tice's job now did it.
    Smoot and Robinson never made an impact and Wiggy had one good year.
    And you don't think that Childress has ever brought in big names?
    That's funny, because I remember Hutch, Taylor, Richardson, etc.

Just because we went one FA without signing every big name out there doesn't mean that Childress is intent on only bringing in project guys...
    See, why didn't I think of those points in my response.
    You are wise beyond your years my friend.
    ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Everybody relax.

I hear ya my friend.
    Two comments....

Same thing with the Chiller. The front office (with the coaches input of course) are responsible for scouting, bringing in and signing talent.

Coach Tice was fired by the new ownership because of the way he ran the team and not because of players or how many wins/losses the team had.

2. Because of the way that the front office/staff is structured I believe this owner is in on almost all of the key player/personnel moves, especially after the Foley screw up, and understands the pro's and con's of not signing "Big Name" players.

With that said, I don't think the Chiller is in anyway worried about his job because of the owners buyin for the plan.
    The only ones that seem to think his job is in jeopardy are the fans that believe what the local sports hacks and ESPN talking heads say.

;D
    Yep, well im just tired of waiting i guess. I want to atleast go to the NFC championship game id be content with that.

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Everybody relax.

I hear ya my friend.
    Two comments....

;D
    Yep, well im just tired of waiting i guess. I want to atleast go to the NFC championship game id be content with that.
    We all are my friend. We all are.
    ;D

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Everybody relax.

I like the long term approach. I don't want the coach thinking that if he doesn't win 9 or 10 games he is done, I want him to have the patients to build a superbowl team and a team that will make the playoffs for many years to come. The way to do that is to build through the draft and not over pay free agents. The colts for example have done it the right way. 22 of 22 of their starters have only played for the colts in the professional careers, and they won a superbowl. I hope that Chilly is still the coach in 5 years, teams just don't consistantly win when they replace the coach every 3 years.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=SharperImage link=topic=41274.msg703585#msg703585 date=1199719260]

Everybody relax.

I hear ya my friend.
    Two comments....

;D
    We all are my friend. We all are.

;D
    [/quote]

yea well if the chillster doesnt kick it in Gear we wont be a attractive team for BIG free agents or number 1 picks..they might pull a eli manning on us.

"SharperImage" wrote:
    yea well if the chillster doesnt kick it in Gear we wont be a attractive team for BIG free agents or number 1 picks..they might pull a eli manning on us.
    I am gonna sound like a broken record by the time FA hits us but actually, based on the way most organizations work and the way ours is structured, I believe that Spielman is the guy really under the gun here.

The coaches are doing thier post season analysis/player assesments which will be sent up to Spielman.
    Based off of those they will sit down and go over the FA's they have on lists at thier respective positions, anticipated costs, will the budget support signing them etc etc.

Then throw in the mix that maybe they have another guy targeted in the draft that is cheaper/long term solution.

Again, long story short, really not on the Chiller to get off his ass but rather the entire organization.
    Truth be told, I kindof wish we had a GM at times like these.
    ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast