Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vikings sign a Saluki WR

Vikings sign a Saluki WR

The Vikings signed Southern Illinois WR Brent Little on Friday.

Little went undrafted and attended training camp with the Cleveland Browns.

Little is 6-foot, and he runs the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds.

A four-year starter, he caught 124 passes for 2,303 yards and 20 touchdowns at Southern Illinois.

Here is what a Sports Illustrated draft preview said of him:

POSITIVES: Solid small-school receiver with marginal NFL potential. Comes back to the ball out of breaks, offers the quarterback a nice target and displays good eye/hand coordination. Runs well laterally making the reception in stride and uses his body to shield away opponents.

NEGATIVES: Not quick releasing off the line, lacks a second gear and home run-hitting speed. Good size, yet seems to have difficulties in battles.

http://vikingsnow.blogspot.com/2008/01/vikings-sign-saluki-wr.html

Re: Vikings sign a Saluki WR

I actually got excited when I heard this..also a little surprised.

I live in Illinois and I have been to a couple of SIU games and this guy was impressive when I seen him. I seen him catch like a 60 yard bomb...It looks like he had pretty good speed but then again they where playing Youngstown State so that isn't really great compition. He was also there kick returner.

We also have Arkee Whitlock RB on our practice squad that I seen play..

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

There we go, a perfect Childress WR to compliment T-Jack.

"Schutz" wrote:
    This guy is going to be a superstar!! ...LOL

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    This guy is going to be a superstar!! ...LOL
    on madden

Thanks josdin00

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Everybody relax.

They will (abit early though) start to get thier rosters full of cats like this to act as cannon fodder during OTA's/preseason as well as someone to bring in for our QB's to throw to and CB to work out against during the off season.

Jeeessssszzzz Luuuuuuiiiiizzzze.
    I thought you guys knew that stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Everybody relax.

They will (abit early though) start to get thier rosters full of cats like this to act as cannon fodder during OTA's/preseason as well as someone to bring in for our QB's to throw to and CB to work out against during the off season.

Exactly.
    People need to not read into things too much, have to remember that during training camp theres 80 or so players at camp.
    Some are brought in for competition, some are brought in just for a change of pace for the players, and some are brought in to wake bitches up and say "HEY! show us what you've got or you can be replaced"

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

SIUviking is offline Starter

Brent Little has fantastic hands and speed but he does not have great size or route running. I think if he is coached well he could crack the roster but it would still be a long shot. Would love to see a fellow Saluki on my favorite pro team.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Everybody relax.

Daviz and i know.. it was like 245am when we were posting, just trying to have a little fun

Thanks josdin00

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Everybody relax.

Exactly.
    People need to not read into things too much, have to remember that during training camp theres 80 or so players at camp.
    Some are brought in for competition, some are brought in just for a change of pace for the players, and some are brought in to wake bitches up and say "HEY! show us what you've got or you can be replaced"
    Exactly, whether its to get our other receivers to wake up, or its to take a look at our options, its a good move, and even if he is a long shot, who knows? we all know lots of great players have come from nowhere
    ;D, most likely, there will be more players like this signed for the same reasons, he's also young, Chilly wants to build through the draft, one reason is theyre young and you can get time to get them up to their potentiol, this guy is young and has time to be built up, that is, if he gets a spot on the roster.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast