Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings sign QB Ryan Perrilloux

ejmat wrote:
    I did hear Cook was his agent. Not sure about the Favre watch though

Hey, how about them Mets?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

C Mac D wrote:
    After seeing the job our coaching staff did at grooming Favre, I have full faith that we can groom Perrilloux into a Pro-Bowl talent... even without training camp.
    perhaps the most classic quote I have eve seen in my years on PPO.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

VikingMike wrote:
    Link dont work..atleast not for me

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

duvaldomo wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    They moved it - essentially, He's coming to mini camps to be assessed.

He apparantly has a ton of talent, and zero self control. Hopefully he pulls his head out.

Caine

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Caine wrote:
    duvaldomo wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    They moved it - essentially, He's coming to mini camps to be assessed.

He apparantly has a ton of talent, and zero self control. Hopefully he pulls his head out.

Caine
    That's absolutely correct.

His "posse" at LSU was a bunch of worthless thugs who thought they were all that and then some... got in to all sorts of scuffles at bars/nightclubs. Plus the famous "do you know who I am" lines....

BUT he's talented as all hell

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zeus wrote:
    I still trust the local guys and what they report, since they are actually on site with the team.

=Z=
    Judging by some of thier articles, I wonder if they even get off thier dead asses and go visit with the team....... :dry:

As to the validity of NFL.com, you do realize, its the NFL we are talking about right. One would think they would know thier own product better than some yutz beat writer who is busy covering baseball, football, basketball, local sports etc.

Trust the local rubes......LOL, you continue to crack me up daily.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike wrote:
    What the hell is the noodle doing messing with our QB's? Doesn't he have a jean commercial to make or have some grass to cut someplace?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Now that we got all the "Non-Football" discussions out of the way.......

Not sure about the headcase stuff. Although it is a concern of mine, I think this staff does a pretty good job with respect to explaining to players how things work and what is expected.

Couple that with the fact that he didn't get drafted and wasn't very highly scouted, maybe the kid will wake up and quit being a kid and start acting like a young man that could eventually lead a NFL franchise.

Lets not forget, that mixed in with all this stuff, is another over riding factor.......Bus Cook is his agent. If that dude can keep the Noodle working, he should be able to get the young kids noggin working.

The two Gamecocks have been training in Hattiesburg, Miss., under the guidance of a trainer and sports agent Bus Cook
    CBS Sports - Newswire

Of course, that quote isn't from one of the local rags so I am sure Z will discount it immediately. :P

Anyway, ranked the 29th best QB in this class by CBS Sports. Here are some interesting quotes from the newswire stuff....

Ryan Perriloux, the LSU transfer who starred at Jacksonville State the past two seasons, has been the most impressive quarterback on the Texas roster. His arm strength is above-average and he's showed excellent touch on deep balls. He needs to improve his footwork, coming from a shotgun offense, and on building consistency in his short-to-intermediate accuracy when trying to throw into tight spaces. Perriloux also came in at less than 6-2 on the tape and teams have a lot of questions about his departure from Baton Rouge. Still, his raw tools and potential to be used as a Wildcat quarterback could earn him a draft slot. - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com
    he's within days of signing with sports agent Bus Cook. His only setback since the season ended was undergoing arthroscopic surgery to repair a partially torn meniscus in his right knee. "Nothing serious," he said.
    "Going to the counselor has helped me a lot, not only off the field but in the classroom and in football. I think that's why I've become a more consistent player. .......snip....... "...All the scouts have been here. My intuition is that two out of three came in with their minds made up to mark him off their lists. The ones who looked close walked out of here saying, 'He's a lot better than I even thought he was.' He's a 6-foot-3 quarterback who could play tailback, but he's a pocket passer. I would say he's going to play in the NFL for a long time."
    I like that he has been seeing a counselor almost as much as I like the quote that he is a pocket passer.

Additionally, I really like what I've read so far both in regards to his potential as well as his attitude change since getting ousted from LSU.

In the end, it is gonna be fun to watch coach Rogers and TJ take this kid under his arm in camp.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast