Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re:Vikings sign QB Ryan Perrilloux

NodakPaul wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    I loved the JA signing. A huge difference between a few DUIs and the sh@t this kid has done and apparently gotten away with.
    IDK about that. DUIs are real serious, so people take the shit too lightly. But the difference is Jared Allen has proven to have fully turned his lifestyle and habits around. He doesn't even drink anymore I believe. Anytime you sign a player who has had issues, it is a risk. Even with JA. Its just that if the player turns their life around, and Ryan can very well do that, then we just might have a gotten another great player on this roster.

We have plenty of playmakers who had so called "character issues" but since our organization has been willing to provide a second chance, that has been a huge reason for our recent success.
    JA was a big risk as the Vikes gave up a 1st and 2 3rds for the guy. Plus, even one more screw up by JA and he's suspended for a YEAR. Thus, he had and still has alot to do before the Vikes break even and the Vikes still could lose. Since if the Vikes would have kept their 1st they could have drafted Flacco at that spot.

Whereas with Ryan P there is NOTHING invested thus anything is a profit with the kid.
    Just for the record, JA is not in the substance abuse program anymore, so I dont think that any future mistakes automatically mean a one year suspension. I think the Vikings have more than broke even at this point.
    You may be right about future substance abuses, I didn't know that past infractions had a expiration date.

But although JA has had a couple good years with the Vikes, it doesn't come close to drafting a potential franchise QB and a couple potential players in the 3rd round. Give JA a another good year and he'll be even, then the Vikes get to profit from the trade.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Ill take Allen over Flacco and 2 3rd rounders any day. Flacco is not that impressive, mind you he would be better than tjack or sage of course.

Dibbzz is offline Starter

Hey, it's been a while since my last post. I figured I'd throw out my two cents on this guy. I would really like to see this kid make the team, or at least get signed to the practice squad (preferably on the 53 man roster, though). Anyways, I think his "character issues" are well in the past and he knows this is his ONLY shot to ever play in the National Football League. My guess is that this kid'll go balls out and impress Childress and his coaching staff to develop another quarterback. The good news is that this kid and Brett Favre share the same agent so Perrilloux has that working for him as well. I like his skill set and decent frame. Hopefully he also has a cannon for an arm and is quick like on the very few videos I've watched of him.

That brings up another point. Does anybody know of any game film besides the one that was linked already? I'd definitely appreciate it if anyone knows of any other vids (especially the 2007 SEC Championship Game).

As far as Perrilloux goes, I say why not take the chance with this kid. We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Maybe Favre can Mr. Miyagi-super-mentor-long-time him and show him the ropes of being an NFL quarterback and the west coast offense. Could be an interesting prospect.

Perri11ouxFan is offline Waterboy

url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNimZEy0eXc

url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7sIfvPknlc

All of JSU game highlights

The LSU highlights are all on youtube as well but there are way to many to go through. If you look up LSU highlights from 2007, you can find a ton of videos.

**I keep doing something wrong but I have to run...I'll fix the links later.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

gagarr wrote:
    I hope Ryan and Archer put a lot of pressure on TJ and Sage, who IMO thought they had the backup roles locked up.

I doubt Chilly will bounce TJ or Sage off the team, unless he really believes Ryan/Archer are the next heir apparent.
    Don't forget, Sage is a Ricky Boy boy. He's been dragging him around with him every place he goes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Perri11ouxFan wrote:
    I do have a question and hoping someone can help me since I'm new. I'm still trying to get used to the layout of the forum. Is there a section that will have reports from this weekends tryouts? Or will that be help private?
    PPO doesn't have an "in" into knowing what happens at the tryouts. Anything posted here will come from public sources, such as one of the two Twin Cities newspapers.

=Z=
    What in the wide wide world of sports are you talking about Z?

There are several of us that have direct access to everyone in the front office, and especially all of the coache's and towel boy's balls.
    I can't believe you'd say that, Mar...
    Freya's posts had me going first, but this one sure got a good chuckle out of me right away this morning.

On a side note, Freya can be a tiger when she wants to be. I think I need to start another spreadsheet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Perri11ouxFan wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    As I hinted at in the other thread, you really sound like family. Feel free to admit it if you are, again, we have had a few join.

If your not, you are one devoted fan, as you sure have a deep insight into alot of stuff about him.
    I am not related as I explained on the other thread. I am a dedicated fan and I will always be.
    Thanks for the followup. Haven't gone through that thread yet this morning.

On a side note, now that we have that cleared up, we need to start working on that little "Saints" issue.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Warp wrote:
    Ill take Allen over Flacco and 2 3rd rounders any day. Flacco is not that impressive, mind you he would be better than tjack or sage of course.
    I'm not comparing the two heads up. I was commenting on the risk associated with the JA trade, and with risk should come reward. Risk being potential of a years suspension, loss of a 1st and 2 3rds, and just the normal risk in the NFL. IMO given that amount of risk the reward should be at least 3 years of clean outstanding play, probably more.

Throw in the fact that the Vikes could have had Flacco, which COULD be a franchise QB, for who knows how long, that is part of the compensation level involved.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910