Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re:Vikings sign Lito Sheppard

I've always said for the last twenty minutes that Lito Sheppard was one of my favorite corners.

This guys stock has clearly fallen. He was a two-time pro bowler and an all-pro at 25. The past couple years his value has gone down fast.

But he was still on the field a lot last year for the NFL's best defense, and should be at least solid in a part-time gig. If the Vikes are very lucky he could be better with the attitude adjustment that comes from watching everyone else you used to be better than get huge contracts.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I'll like to point out that he was replaced by A.Samuel on the eagles(at the time considered one of the best CBs in the game) and then went to a Jets team that ran a Defense that he was poorly suited to play. I believe in a tackle centric defense like the Cover 2, he will excel. I think he can be better than anyone we have on roster.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I'm very happy about this signing. Great insurance for Ced with speed and cover skills. I think we got a bargain.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Even though Sheppard has been somewhat inconsistent throughout his career, he does have the ability to play a solid game and make big plays when needed. Overall, I like the pick-up. It gives us good depth at corner and opens up what the Vikings can do on defense.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It's a good pickup.

He got picked on a lot last year with Revis lined up on the otehr side of the field. He really struggled in the playoffs though.

He's a good tackler, won't have to cover the kind of ground he did with the Jets, but has the speed and burst to jump some routes and make plays.

I think it's a good pickup and he'll remain in the starting lineup even when Griffin returns.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Great signing. This opens the door for us in the first two days as far as draft prospects. I see us looking at OG/DT in the first round now.

In our system, Lito can be successful for a couple of years.

dfosterf is offline Coach

I was afraid of this happening. I wanted him for the Pack. No one on my "home-board" agreed with me.

They were all wrong. (This happens quite often, lol) I think you got an excellent addition to your team.

Crap.

kevoncox hit it on the head. Philly really hosed him (imo) when they got Asante, and he was never a good fit with the Jets.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Nice signing, gives us some solid depth

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

kevoncox wrote:
    I'll like to point out that he was replaced by A.Samuel on the eagles(at the time considered one of the best CBs in the game) and then went to a Jets team that ran a Defense that he was poorly suited to play. I believe in a tackle centric defense like the Cover 2, he will excel. I think he can be better than anyone we have on roster.
    Anyone? Really. I think it's a great signing, but, this year, he will stat early, then be the nickel or dime IMO. I hope you are correct, because if you are, we will be a top 5 defense for sure.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

SharperImage wrote:
    If we dont leave with clausen, the whole draft is a fail.
    I'd rather have Tebow than Clausen. I hate that prick Clausen. Not to mention he sure seems like a flamer. I think he ends up bustin just like Quinn.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast