marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    MulletMullitia wrote:
    ndnorseman wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    ndnorseman wrote:
    I wonder why it was only a one year contract...Sheppard is a fairly young guy, isn't he? Seems like most FA contracts are for at least 2 - 3 years.
    He is 29 years old.

Thanks! The 1 year contract still seems odd, though...unless it was purely a money-saving decision.
    This could be really smart or really stupid. If he can't pick up the system and gets toasted in the playoffs, we can kindly part ways. If he has an awesome year like he is capable of (2 time pro-bowler) we could be forced to pay an arm and a leg to hold on to him ala Darren Sharper.
    Couple thoughts....

a. He knows the system already as he has been in Leslies system before.

b. If he works out, great. We sign him to a long term deal and shitcan Whinny.

That would leave us with the following lineup in 2011....

RCB Griff - AA
    LCB Sheppard - Sapp - Franks

Not sure how DeAndre Wright would fall out in this as we typically only keep 5 CB's on the active roster.
    So Franks is a given at this point, since he's in your mock draft? I think you needed a "c." a ".d" and maybe an ".e" to complete that speculation.

I am truly amazed at how many deductions you have running around in your head.
    You have no idea how many scenarios I have com up with.

As to Franks, insert CB X if you like.
    What made you pick Franks? To my knowledge he was not even brought in for a visit. I hear they are high on Chris Cook.
    It was based, as usual, on who was available at that pick that fit the scheme.

I actually thought he would go higher, but because he is strictly a Zone/Man off cover guy, alot of the 3-4 teams won't look at him.

By the way, 31 teams sent reps to watch Oklahoma's proday, Vikes included, but it seemed that Ted Thompson and the 49rs staff were the ones who gave special attention to Franks.
    How did that Franks pick go? I told you they were high on Cook.
    Wait a minute. You said they were taking Cook? Comeon, you just posted the link to the same scouting reports I posted on the kid.

LOL. You really crack me up.

On a side note, haven't go to the thread, but I like the Cook pick. Liked him from the minute the Vikes showed interest. I just had him going higher than were the Vikes were slated to pick.
    Do I really need to prove you wrong again? I find quotes fairly easy.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings sign Lito Sheppard

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Had to login today. Slow at work and excited about the draft.

My personal view is using the first two picks for players who can play now. I really like taking the best player available and staying true to your draft board.

But it's only natural to consider need when we discuss players.

How would you feel about taking Mays if he were still available?

Or how about someone with the skill set of Pat Williams
    to anchor the D line for years to come?

Or trade back to gather picks for a run at a top QB prospect next year?
    Two chuckleheads have been going back and forth. One thinks Price (DT) will be there, the other, wants(ed) a CB.

One still is solid on his DT pick, the other is now claiming he came up with the idea to go after a vet CB.

Those two crack me up by the way.
    Please. Go back and read my posts. Old age is really getting to you. I have always said CB was our major need. I listed multiple vet CBs I wanted as well as draft picks. Obviously I was absolutely right. We got a top tier vet CB and we also wanted Wilson or McCourty in the 1st round. Too bad they were gone. We then traded done. I could not have been any more right. How is Price doing? Oh yeah he is still on the board. LOL.
    So is your boy Robinson my friend.

Take alook at my mock, I had the Vikes taking a CB in the second. Guess what, they did. Who was more right?

Keep trying, maybe next year they will take one in the first round as you keep hoping.
    Riiiight. Lets go back to that thread when I first said CB was a major need and you bashed me. LOL. Maybe someone finally convinced you CB was a need.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

My personal view is using the first two picks for players who can play now. I really like taking the best player available and staying true to your draft board.

Two chuckleheads have been going back and forth. One thinks Price (DT) will be there, the other, wants(ed) a CB.

One still is solid on his DT pick, the other is now claiming he came up with the idea to go after a vet CB.

Please. Go back and read my posts. Old age is really getting to you. I have always said CB was our major need. I listed multiple vet CBs I wanted as well as draft picks. Obviously I was absolutely right. We got a top tier vet CB and we also wanted Wilson or McCourty in the 1st round. Too bad they were gone. We then traded done. I could not have been any more right. How is Price doing? Oh yeah he is still on the board. LOL.

Take alook at my mock, I had the Vikes taking a CB in the second. Guess what, they did. Who was more right?

Keep trying, maybe next year they will take one in the first round as you keep hoping.
    Riiiight. Lets go back to that thread when I first said CB was a major need and you bashed me. LOL. Maybe someone finally convinced you CB was a need.
    Bashed you? LOL.

I don't think I bashed you. I think I said that I agree CB is a need, but based on VALUE, I thought they would go DT in the first and address CB in the second (which they did by the way).

Not sure that constitutes bashing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

Bashed you? LOL.

I don't think I bashed you. I think I said that I agree CB is a need, but based on VALUE, I thought they would go DT in the first and address CB in the second (which they did by the way).

They went DT in the 1st? Boy that is news to me. Anyways, there 2 guys at CB were gone at 30 so they traded done. Still CB was the 1st choice. CB was the biggest need like I said.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

Bashed you? LOL.

They went DT in the 1st? Boy that is news to me. Anyways, there 2 guys at CB were gone at 30 so they traded done. Still CB was the 1st choice. CB was the biggest need like I said.
    You don't have enough time as you are reading posts wrong of late. Re-read.....

I thought they would go DT in the first
    I didn't say they went DT in the first, I said, when I made up my mock, based on who was available, I thought they would GO DT in the first.

And it wasn't need, it was based on value....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

Bashed you? LOL.

I didn't say they went DT in the first, I said, when I made up my mock, based on who was available, I thought they would GO DT in the first.

LOL OK. Twist and stretch.

Rick Spielman said the Minnesota Vikings tried to trade up once on Thursday night for a player who later was taken.

That player might have been Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson, who said the Vikings called him about five minutes before the New York Jets selected Wilson at No. 29 -- one spot ahead of the spot the Vikings then traded to Detroit.

"I don't know if they were trying to hold me on the line, but I got a call, and then somehow the phone hung up," Wilson told New York reporters on a conference call, per espnnewyork.com.
    http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Kyle_Wilson_says_Vikings_called_him

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

Bashed you? LOL.

Rick Spielman said the Minnesota Vikings tried to trade up once on Thursday night for a player who later was taken.

That player might have been Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson, who said the Vikings called him about five minutes before the New York Jets selected Wilson at No. 29 -- one spot ahead of the spot the Vikings then traded to Detroit.

"I don't know if they were trying to hold me on the line, but I got a call, and then somehow the phone hung up," Wilson told New York reporters on a conference call, per espnnewyork.com.
    How many times you gonna post that link. Thats at least the 3rd time its been posted. hmy:

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

Bashed you? LOL.

How many times you gonna post that link. Thats at least the 3rd time its been posted. hmy:
    It is my 1st time. I will continue posting it until it finally penetrates that slightly balding head.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

Bashed you? LOL.

It is my 1st time. I will continue posting it until it finally penetrates that slightly balding head.
    LOL.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011