Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    I believe we need arms in camp but ..umm why this?>?
    He's already familiar with the offense.

=Z=
    Please..... Don't state the obvious again
    ;D Look for some hidden agenda here that might not have been thought of by anyone in this universe.
    It would make our day more interesting.

;D
    You're right...I forgot.

The Big Chill signed Henson because he wants to replace Ragnar with one of them Muppets from Sesame Street.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Could Draft a QB ... Unless They Don't
    Posted Mar 15th 2007 2:24PM
    by Ryan Wilson
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"happy" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    [quote author=Property0f link=topic=32528.msg550659#msg550659 date=1173928507]
    We had Henson on the roster for a while last year.

Stop over-reacting.
    and what did he do for us?
    notta.
    he's a backup....another backup.
    we have 3 now, yippee!
    lol who cares? why does everybody insult the little signings? theres nothing wrong with these little meaningless signings..everybody gets so worked up "OH ITS NOT A SUPERSTAR OMG!!??"..henson probably wont even make the team, and he didnt put any dent of any size in our salary cap figure

we sign ciuriu "OH GOD A BACKUP LB THAT PLAYS SPECIAL TEAMS!?" which is exactly what we needed after watching our god awful, pathetic kick and punt coverage units last season..we sign wade "OH NO ANOTHER 4TH RECEIVER", well hes an excellent return man, and since bethel johnson left, we sorta needed one of those as well

just because a guy isnt a superstar doesnt mean signing him is a bad thing..if ur frustrated and want big signings, then complain about that rather than beeyatch and moan everytime we get a solid player that fills a lesser need..henson isnt necessarely a need, but the ppl complaining and mad about signing him are clearly venting their anger with not acquiring a superstar player (heads up, there were no star players in FA that wouldve made us good enough for the money we wouldve had to spend anyways)
    Don't confuse people with logic.
    :P

That was one of the more sensible posts I've seen in awhile, and I think I usually disagree with you.

I just cringe every time the Vikings make a move and I come on here. So much bitching.

he's a backup....another backup.
    we have 3 now, yippee!

FYI, the Vikings have like, 30 backup players total.
    i know that, but the fact of the matter is, we needed a special teams tackling machine, which we got..we needed a guy thats shown hes a quality return man, that also has good hands, which is what we also got..the roster going into training camp is what? like 80 something guys? Henson is only another of those 30 guys thats gonna get cut..its not a signing thats meant to have any impact, hes just another guy getting invited to camp, flat out..were gonna have about 30 guys on this roster really soon that wont even be making the final team

my point is that the signings we ARE making are completely fine..if ppl should be mad, it should be at the signings we ARENT making..some ppl on here are really starting to confuse the two and start lashing out at the wrong things, bashing guys that weve brought in that i think will be fine role players, that certainly did fill a need (a lesser need, but nonetheless, still a need of some sort)
    olson, i was praising and agreeing with your post. the "we have 30 backup players" was in response to someone else's post.
    [/quote]
    yahhh sorry, i didnt realize that til after i typed it all out lol
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

freaky is offline Starter

let me get this straight, tarvaris was signed as the future franchise quarterback right? then we sign bollinger as a backup, & realistically does anyone think he is more than that? then we sign henson, which is clearly a training camp move considering he's already been & gone here. so who will be our starting qb next year? we seem mighty keen on brady quinn & i'm not sure how that bodes for tarvaris? i'm totally confused where we're heading here. it makes our wide receiver moves look logical

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"freaky" wrote:
    let me get this straight, tarvaris was signed as the future franchise quarterback right? then we sign bollinger as a backup, & realistically does anyone think he is more than that? then we sign henson, which is clearly a training camp move considering he's already been & gone here. so who will be our starting qb next year? we seem mighty keen on brady quinn & i'm not sure how that bodes for tarvaris? i'm totally confused where we're heading here. it makes our wide receiver moves look logical
    It will all be clearer in about 4 months.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "freaky" wrote:
    It will all be clearer in about 4 months.
    And by week 18 we will certainly know whether their plan panned out or not. ;D

I wonder how many times that KAO quote will come back to haunt Chilly by then?
    He may have to hire Scott McClellan as his press secretary ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D that statement may turn out to be the blue dress in his closet.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings Could Draft a QB ... Unless They Don't
    Posted Mar 15th 2007 2:24PM
    by Ryan Wilson
    Great headline. It looks like everyone is just as perplexed as we are.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345