Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21
    Schleppy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    197

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    Wow! I dont feel like a square peg in round world.

  2. #22
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    best case scenario, he beats out bollinger for the 3rd string job, and never takes a snap after pre-season (im convinced we will pick up somebody, either quinn or a vet to start this year)
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    59

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    "Property0f" wrote:
    We had Henson on the roster for a while last year.

    Stop over-reacting.
    and what did he do for us?
    notta.
    he's a backup....another backup.
    we have 3 now, yippee!

  4. #24
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    "defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    We had Henson on the roster for a while last year.

    Stop over-reacting.
    and what did he do for us?
    notta.
    he's a backup....another backup.
    we have 3 now, yippee!
    lol who cares? why does everybody insult the little signings? theres nothing wrong with these little meaningless signings..everybody gets so worked up "OH ITS NOT A SUPERSTAR OMG!!??"..henson probably wont even make the team, and he didnt put any dent of any size in our salary cap figure

    we sign ciuriu "OH GOD A BACKUP LB THAT PLAYS SPECIAL TEAMS!?" which is exactly what we needed after watching our god awful, pathetic kick and punt coverage units last season..we sign wade "OH NO ANOTHER 4TH RECEIVER", well hes an excellent return man, and since bethel johnson left, we sorta needed one of those as well

    just because a guy isnt a superstar doesnt mean signing him is a bad thing..if ur frustrated and want big signings, then complain about that rather than beeyatch and moan everytime we get a solid player that fills a lesser need..henson isnt necessarely a need, but the ppl complaining and mad about signing him are clearly venting their anger with not acquiring a superstar player (heads up, there were no star players in FA that wouldve made us good enough for the money we wouldve had to spend anyways)
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  5. #25
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    We had Henson on the roster for a while last year.

    Stop over-reacting.
    and what did he do for us?
    notta.
    he's a backup....another backup.
    we have 3 now, yippee!
    lol who cares? why does everybody insult the little signings? theres nothing wrong with these little meaningless signings..everybody gets so worked up "OH ITS NOT A SUPERSTAR OMG!!??"..henson probably wont even make the team, and he didnt put any dent of any size in our salary cap figure

    we sign ciuriu "OH GOD A BACKUP LB THAT PLAYS SPECIAL TEAMS!?" which is exactly what we needed after watching our god awful, pathetic kick and punt coverage units last season..we sign wade "OH NO ANOTHER 4TH RECEIVER", well hes an excellent return man, and since bethel johnson left, we sorta needed one of those as well

    just because a guy isnt a superstar doesnt mean signing him is a bad thing..if ur frustrated and want big signings, then complain about that rather than beeyatch and moan everytime we get a solid player that fills a lesser need..henson isnt necessarely a need, but the ppl complaining and mad about signing him are clearly venting their anger with not acquiring a superstar player (heads up, there were no star players in FA that wouldve made us good enough for the money we wouldve had to spend anyways)
    Don't confuse people with logic.
    :P

    That was one of the more sensible posts I've seen in awhile, and I think I usually disagree with you.

    I just cringe every time the Vikings make a move and I come on here. So much bitching.

    he's a backup....another backup.
    we have 3 now, yippee!
    FYI, the Vikings have like, 30 backup players total.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  6. #26
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    "happy" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    We had Henson on the roster for a while last year.

    Stop over-reacting.
    and what did he do for us?
    notta.
    he's a backup....another backup.
    we have 3 now, yippee!
    lol who cares? why does everybody insult the little signings? theres nothing wrong with these little meaningless signings..everybody gets so worked up "OH ITS NOT A SUPERSTAR OMG!!??"..henson probably wont even make the team, and he didnt put any dent of any size in our salary cap figure

    we sign ciuriu "OH GOD A BACKUP LB THAT PLAYS SPECIAL TEAMS!?" which is exactly what we needed after watching our god awful, pathetic kick and punt coverage units last season..we sign wade "OH NO ANOTHER 4TH RECEIVER", well hes an excellent return man, and since bethel johnson left, we sorta needed one of those as well

    just because a guy isnt a superstar doesnt mean signing him is a bad thing..if ur frustrated and want big signings, then complain about that rather than beeyatch and moan everytime we get a solid player that fills a lesser need..henson isnt necessarely a need, but the ppl complaining and mad about signing him are clearly venting their anger with not acquiring a superstar player (heads up, there were no star players in FA that wouldve made us good enough for the money we wouldve had to spend anyways)
    Don't confuse people with logic.
    :P

    That was one of the more sensible posts I've seen in awhile, and I think I usually disagree with you.

    I just cringe every time the Vikings make a move and I come on here. So much bitching.

    he's a backup....another backup.
    we have 3 now, yippee!

    FYI, the Vikings have like, 30 backup players total.
    i know that, but the fact of the matter is, we needed a special teams tackling machine, which we got..we needed a guy thats shown hes a quality return man, that also has good hands, which is what we also got..the roster going into training camp is what? like 80 something guys? Henson is only another of those 30 guys thats gonna get cut..its not a signing thats meant to have any impact, hes just another guy getting invited to camp, flat out..were gonna have about 30 guys on this roster really soon that wont even be making the final team

    my point is that the signings we ARE making are completely fine..if ppl should be mad, it should be at the signings we ARENT making..some ppl on here are really starting to confuse the two and start lashing out at the wrong things, bashing guys that weve brought in that i think will be fine role players, that certainly did fill a need (a lesser need, but nonetheless, still a need of some sort)
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  7. #27
    freaky's Avatar
    freaky is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    191

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    seriously, who's going to be our starter next year? tarvaris isn't polished enough yet, bollinger & henson are far from starting material. it's kinda hard to envisage where childress is going right now.

  8. #28
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    "freaky" wrote:
    seriously, who's going to be our starter next year? tarvaris isn't polished enough yet, bollinger & henson are far from starting material. it's kinda hard to envisage where childress is going right now.
    You been watching him this offseason?
    As far as we know he's going to come out of the gates blazing.
    I'll trust the coaches on this one.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  9. #29
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal


    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  10. #30
    freaky's Avatar
    freaky is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    191

    Re: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal

    how can u trust the coaches on this one? what have they done to convince u so far?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HELLO THERE ... Drew Henson, Vikings backup QB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 06:29 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 04:01 PM
  3. MOVED: Vikings sign Henson to 1 yr deal
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 10:41 PM
  4. Vikings | Team likely to sign Henson
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 04:40 PM
  5. Vikes sign Henson
    By Minnesota Moving Co. in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 06:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •