Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mattjenny3 is offline Starter

Re: Vikings Sign Godspeed

"audioghost" wrote:
    Free Agency does start March 3....however, was Goodspeed under contract at the end of the season? If not, I believe the Vikes could have pick him up if I'm not mistaken....

You see, the reason free agency starts March 3rd is because it gives teams time to re-sign free agents whose contracts expire before cutting em loose...however, if Goodspeed wasn't under contract at the end of the season then the Vikes can pick him up because there is no conflicts with his previous team because he doesn't have one....

Pretty sure thats the situation....if you look, he has no 2005 stats....
    Thanks, I see it now. The way it looked at close glance on Vikes.com was he ended the seaon with the Rams. Makes sense now.
    REDHORSE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

6 yards in 3 carries?

I wonder what Childress sees in this guy?

I'm sure they have a plan to use him to blow some openings in a line with another back behind him.

I gotta feeling with all the college coaches on the staff, we're going to see some different formations on offense that we haven't seen for a long time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Klinny needs to stay far away from the FB position he's much more valuable as a TE. He's one of the best Blockers at the TE position in the league, he also has very good hands and is alot faster then people think when he gets in the open field. I expect Childress will using alot of jimmy this season. Bad coaching can really screw up a players game. Jimmy has had good season's catching the football, this year it seemed as though he never even ran a route. Jimmy needs to be the starting TE period. No more of this wiggins full time stuff, he's great at what he does but Jimmy is far more multi demensional. Wiggins can't block, thats his major downside. At the TE position you need both, a blocker and a pass catcher.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    6 yards in 3 carries?

I'm sure they have a plan to use him to blow some openings in a line with another back behind him.

I gotta feeling with all the college coaches on the staff, we're going to see some different formations on offense that we haven't seen for a long time.
    He's gonna block for our RB's, we'll let them carry the ball. Though he might be good in the redzone, we'll find out.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

He was not an active player last year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck and Godspeed! :salute:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Klinny needs to stay far away from the FB position he's much more valuable as a TE. He's one of the best Blockers at the TE position in the league, he also has very good hands and is alot faster then people think when he gets in the open field. I expect Childress will using alot of jimmy this season. Bad coaching can really screw up a players game. Jimmy has had good season's catching the football, this year it seemed as though he never even ran a route. Jimmy needs to be the starting TE period. No more of this wiggins full time stuff, he's great at what he does but Jimmy is far more multi demensional. Wiggins can't block, thats his major downside. At the TE position you need both, a blocker and a pass catcher.

Thank you. I have felt this way the past 2 years and feel Wiggy should have a package more geared towards just passing situations.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    6 yards in 3 carries?

You mean we may go with something other than one RB in the backfield and three WR's ???
    Shock horror :lol: maybe someone woke up to the fact that the OL alone can't always break the RB up the middle for a big gain.
    It's going to be fun trying to work out exactly what we will be playing in terms of offense this year. I can see that we really won't know anything until the opening offensive series in the regular season opener.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

has a cooooooooooooooooool name.

s'why not.

eh?

nah i think that he could be a great blocker. we just gotta see.

Go vikes!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    has a cooooooooooooooooool name.

s'why not.

eh?

nah i think that he could be a great blocker. we just gotta see.
    FYI -- The guys name is Goodspeed, not Godspeed

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast