Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings sign FB Nehmiah Broughton

Just saying if we have them on the field just to counter what they have that's dumb.. Because they are playing D and should have to try to stop US.. Instead of us tryin to stop them

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    Just saying if we have them on the field just to counter what they have that's dumb.. Because they are playing D and should have to try to stop US.. Instead of us tryin to stop them
    Alright, lets flip flop that around a bit.

Are you saying that teams that face our Defense shouldn't plan to stop a guy like JA?
    Comeon, we all know that there are teams out there that have defensive players that need to be accounted for.

Based on the shift in focus to those types of players (all across the front 7) Offenses (not just the Vikes) have shifted the FB's, and in most cases TE's focus.

If you doubt what I say, take a look at the types of FB's and TE's coming out of the "Spread Offenses".
    Very few are traditional "Inline TE's"/"No Neck Knee Bending FB's" and very few of them are drafted high.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Are you saying that teams that face our Defense shouldn't plan to stop a guy like JA?
    Comeon, we all know that there are teams out there that have defensive players that need to be accounted for.

Based on the shift in focus to those types of players (all across the front 7) Offenses (not just the Vikes) have shifted the FB's, and in most cases TE's focus.

If you doubt what I say, take a look at the types of FB's and TE's coming out of the "Spread Offenses".
    Very few are traditional "Inline TE's"/"No Neck Knee Bending FB's" and very few of them are drafted high.

Not tryin to flip flop it

Just saying No one accounts for Tahi and he is basically one less player on the field

I dont care about this traditional shit.. We don't even run a traditional WCO or spread offense

I want a capable FB, one who can slip out to the flats if needed and atleast get u 5 yards.. A FB who can pick up a first down on the ground if needed.. And one that is a consistant blocker

Maybe Tahi will grow into that.. So far I haven't seen anything from him besides minimal growth

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Just saying No one accounts for Tahi and he is basically one less player on the field

I dont care about this traditional pooh.. We don't even run a traditional WCO or spread offense

I want a capable FB, one who can slip out to the flats if needed and atleast get u 5 yards.. A FB who can pick up a first down on the ground if needed.. And one that is a consistant blocker

Maybe Tahi will grow into that.. So far I haven't seen anything from him besides minimal growth
    I wasn't calling you a flip flopper, I was saying "lets look at it from the other side".

As I stated, most people want that and that is why they don't like Tahi cause he isn't of that ilk.
    Long story short, defenses of late dictate that FB's aren't used for that anymore.
    Again, if they were you would have seen a run on em in the draft cause there were quite a few "Non Traditional" FB's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I dont care about this traditional pooh.. We don't even run a traditional WCO or spread offense

I wasn't calling you a flip flopper, I was saying "lets look at it from the other side".

As I stated, most people want that and that is why they don't like Tahi cause he isn't of that ilk.
    Long story short, defenses of late dictate that FB's aren't used for that anymore.
    Again, if they were you would have seen a run on em in the draft cause there were quite a few "Non Traditional" FB's.

And like I said I don't care what other teams do

About half actually use theirs as recieving options.. I think it should be more.. They are good dump off options

I would have no beef with Tahi if he was a consistant blocker.. But he isn't.. And that's the ONLY
    thing we ask him to do

If he improves i'll lay off.. Til then he has made very little progress and he frustrates many of us

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

About half actually use theirs as recieving options.. I think it should be more.. They are good dump off options

I would have no beef with Tahi if he was a consistant blocker.. But he isn't.. And that's the ONLY
    thing we ask him to do

If he improves i'll lay off.. Til then he has made very little progress and he frustrates many of us
    I think half is being pretty generous.

Again, because of the trend on defensive side of the ball, a shift to a TE who is really a Reciever instead of a Inline blocker, the teams that actually carry/use a FB use them mostly in a blocking role.

Do a few get a couple of catches a year?
    Sure, I will give you that one, but very few are anything more than a last minute (Oh my goodness I am gonna get killed who is open) kindof guy.

Definately not considered a Offensive Threat.

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=51920.msg954075#msg954075 date=1243878643]

thing we ask him to do

I think half is being pretty generous.

Again, because of the trend on defensive side of the ball, a shift to a TE who is really a Reciever instead of a Inline blocker, the teams that actually carry/use a FB use them mostly in a blocking role.

Do a few get a couple of catches a year?
    Sure, I will give you that one, but very few are anything more than a last minute (Oh my goodness I am gonna get killed who is open) kindof guy.

Definately not considered a Offensive Threat.
    [/quote]

Ok we are getting closer!!

Yes even if they are "last second oh shit" guys they still produce.. Tahi when he catches that "oh shit" pass he fails to even get back to the line of scrimmage most of the time.. And that's my issue.. Not my main issue.. I can't stand his whiffin on blocks.. But wouldn't care as much if he actually could be used to pick up 2-4 hard earned yards in the run game or while recieving

I prefer someone who can block decent.. Of course would like a great blocker.. But if they block decent and can do something with the football that's all I care about

Tahi is below average on everything u can ask for in a FB IMO

He is the biggest person on my shit list for next season.. Now that Circiu is gone.. Thank god.. You'll see how bad he was when our STs picks up this year and we put in people who can actually get to the player and tackle

But seriously fuck Tahi

V4L

FUCKKKK TAHIIIIIIIII!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We don't even need a FB in this offense. We are much more powerful with a 2 TE set and a split backfield or even a single back with 3 wr's than when using a fullback imo.

V4L

Yah man no doubt

I hope we never use Tahi this year

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123