Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings sign FB Nehmiah Broughton

Dang... sure Richardson wasn't playing WR? 200 catches in 2 years is alot for a FB.

I agree though, wouldn't have minded if he stayed, good player, something didn't go right for him in Minnesota. He was playing well enough to stay. Thomas Topeh was big time let down,
    I think he lied about his injuries and got himself cut.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Dang... sure Richardson wasn't playing WR? 200 catches in 2 years is alot for a FB.

I agree though, wouldn't have minded if he stayed, good player, something didn't go right for him in Minnesota. He was playing well enough to stay. Thomas Topeh was big time let down,
    I think he lied about his injuries and got himself cut.
    DOH!
    I screwed up it's 200yds on 24 catches.... problem with looking at one column and writing for another.....

Sorry,
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

No matter who they put at FB, fans won't be happy.

Only reason you guys like T-rich was because he was a name you recognized.
    Go back and look at his production as a Vike not to mention his production since he left.
    Almost nothing compared to what he did creating the name you all recognize.

Problem is, not only the Vikes, but all of the NFL has gone away from using the FB as a weapon.
    Tahi does exactly what he is supposed to do and does it well.
    Until all of you realize he is nothing more than a "No neck", "Back Bender" instead of a "Stretch the field" "Get ya huge yards" guy you all long for, you won't like him.

Seriously, watch him for what he is instead of what you are wishing he was and maybe you will see him in a different light.

I for one look forward to seeing him back there this year.
    He is a good blocker, AD seemed to get used to his lead blocks (AD even admitted that took some time), heck, maybe our new C will improve on the middle protection stuff which could facilitate ole no neck catching a ball or two.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

Go back and look at his production as a Vike not to mention his production since he left.

Problem is, not only the Vikes, but all of the NFL has gone away from using the FB as a weapon.
    Until all of you realize he is nothing more than a "No neck", "Back Bender" instead of a "Stretch the field" "Get ya huge yards" guy you all long for, you won't like him.

Seriously, watch him for what he is instead of what you are wishing he was and maybe you will see him in a different light.

He is a good blocker, AD seemed to get used to his lead blocks (AD even admitted that took some time), heck, maybe our new C will improve on the middle protection stuff which could facilitate ole no neck catching a ball or two.
    Yes, I agree that Tahi is a good consistent blocker and he does not have to be more than that, we already have great guys who can get the touchdowns. It is not very important, but it would be nice to have an additional option on offense with a good blocking FB who could also catch and run the ball.

The thing that I don't understand is why Tarvaris throws to Tahi when we now that he is not (and never will be) a factor in the passing game. I bet that his yards per reception average is, at the most, no more than 3 yards.

"Marrdro" wrote:

We don't like him because he wasn't a leader like Richardson

We don't like him because he whiffs on quite a few blocks

We don't like him because when he catches a pass he is far too slow to do anything with it

There are many reasons why Tahi sucks, you are just being a homer and fail to see it
    8)

"HEY" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Yes, I agree that Tahi is a good consistent blocker and he does not have to be more than that, we already have great guys who can get the touchdowns. It is not very important, but it would be nice to have an additional option on offense with a good blocking FB who could also catch and run the ball.

The thing that I don't understand is why Tarvaris throws to Tahi when we now that he is not (and never will be) a factor in the passing game. I bet that his yards per reception average is, at the most, no more than 3 yards.
    I think it is pretty simple really,.......

The defense showed him something that confused him just before the ball was snapped.
    Tahi is a easy outlet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

We don't like him because when he catches a pass he is far too slow to do anything with it

There are many reasons why Tahi sucks, you are just being a homer and fail to see it
    8)
    A leader?
    Your looking for leaders instead of players?
    T-rich was one hell of a leader sitting injured on the sideline.

Hey, I got it, we can get rid of all of our Cheerleaders and bring in aged vets in thier stead.
    They can be leaders then.

Good grief.
    What evidence do you have that he was a "Leader" or just a name you recognized?

Sure he whiffed on a few.
    Notice how I mentioned that in my post.
    All players do.
    By the way, did you see the ones he didn't whiff on that lead to nice runs by AD after they figured each other out?
    Probably not or you wouldn't have made that comments.

See, I think you typed this one first and then figured out, gol 'darnit, Marrdro is right.
    We don't like him cause he isn't a offensive threat.

You then added the other two in front to disguise it.

;D

8)
    I'm a homer huh.
    The guy who hacks on any player?
    Gimme a break.

Take a look My Sexy Little Pixie, the fact that the league has moved away from the use of the FB as an offensive weapon is a fact and just because I notice that the Vikes use them in the same fashion does not make me a homer, it just makes me observant.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

8)
    A leader?

Hey, I got it, we can get rid of all of our Cheerleaders and bring in aged vets in thier stead.

Good grief.

All players do.
    By the way, did you see the ones he didn't whiff on that lead to nice runs by AD after they figured each other out?

See, I think you typed this one first and then figured out, gol 'darnit, Marrdro is right.

;D

8)
    I'm a homer huh.
    Gimme a break.

Take a look My Sexy Little Pixie, the fact that the league has moved away from the use of the FB as an offensive weapon is a fact and just because I notice that the Vikes use them in the same fashion does not make me a homer, it just makes me observant.
    Just because the league does something, doesn't mean it's a bad idea.
    What makes it a good idea is when you have a FB that can catch and run the ball.
    In Tahi's case, he can't, thus I'm hoping the Vikes don't use him as a offensive weapon.

Anymore I think teams instead of using a FB as an offensive weapon they have the 2 RB systems, one a big brusier the other quick and agile.
    Thus, if you need a yard or 2 you don't give it to the "primary a blocker" FB, but to the big RB.
    That doesn't mean I wouldn't like a young Richardson or Lorenzo Neal on my team.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

8)
    A leader?

Good grief.

All players do.

;D

8)
    I'm a homer huh.
    Gimme a break.

What makes it a good idea is when you have a FB that can catch and run the ball.
    In Tahi's case, he can't, thus I'm hoping the Vikes don't use him as a offensive weapon.

Anymore I think teams instead of using a FB as an offensive weapon they have the 2 RB systems, one a big brusier the other quick and agile.
    Thus, if you need a yard or 2 you don't give it to the "primary a blocker" FB, but to the big RB.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like a young Richardson or Lorenzo Neal on my team.
    Couple of things....

a.
    A 2 back system doesn't mean they are both on the field.
    It means they are rotated to keep them both fresh.

b.
    Who would you rather have the ball, a young T-rich/Lorenzo or AD?

My feeling on why we have transisitioned for using a FB as a threat has more to do with the makeup of the defenses, especially the front 7.
    The FB and in most cases, the TE are really needed to help counter what they are doing, which kindof makes them, out of necessity, blockers instead of weapons.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

8)
    A leader?

Good grief.

All players do.

;D

8)
    I'm a homer huh.
    Gimme a break.

Couple of things....

a.
    A 2 back system doesn't mean they are both on the field.
    It means they are rotated to keep them both fresh.

b.
    Who would you rather have the ball, a young T-rich/Lorenzo or AD?

My feeling on why we have transisitioned for using a FB as a threat has more to do with the makeup of the defenses, especially the front 7.
    The FB and in most cases, the TE are really needed to help counter what they are doing, which kindof makes them, out of necessity, blockers instead of weapons.

That's most of our issue

He is pretty much just a waste on the field if all he can do is block and block below average

I for one would have loved the Weaver pick up.. We have the OPTION to hit him out of the back field on check downs if they don't send a blitzer and he can slip out into the flats

And he can pick u up 2-4 yards while Tahi hasn't shown he can do that

I can not stand Tahi, he is a below average blocker and doesn't have the ability to get out into the flats giving our QBs an extra target if needed (yes, it's not his primary job but still helps to have that option in many ways)

He is improving though and that's a plus.. I didn't see as many whiffed blocks as before.. If he works on his hips and can learn how to pick up a blitzer better THIS year.. I won't be so critical of him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast