Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Vikings select USC DE Everson Griffen

happy camper wrote:
    Don't move Edwards. We won't get fair value for what his potential is. I hate when fans are so quick to get rid of good players when a young unproven draft pick comes in.
    His potential appears to be as a RDE not LDE.

No other reason I can come up why the staff hasn't given this kid his money. They just don't feel he would stand up against the rigors of the LDE position over the life of a contract that he will demand.

Maybe just maybe, they are looking to move Ray in a package that would bring in the DT I've been wanting as there have been some mention of Haynesworth being traded.

Maybe Ray and a pick in next years draft could get that done.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 wrote:
    Massive value in the 4th. Jayme Mitchell has been around a while and has not impressed me. I would imagine it is time for him to go. Great pickup. A need that was hidden to most.
    Problem here is back to numbers. My assumption was that the EX PUKER they brought in would take Mitchells roster spot.

Who else goes? Surely not JA or Everson. Perhaps they are thinking Edwards/+ next year pick as part of a package deal to another team for something/someone we want?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Massive value in the 4th. Jayme Mitchell has been around a while and has not impressed me. I would imagine it is time for him to go. Great pickup. A need that was hidden to most.
    Problem here is back to numbers. My assumption was that the EX PUKER they brought in would take Mitchells roster spot.

Who else goes? Surely not JA or Everson. Perhaps they are thinking Edwards/+ next year pick as part of a package deal to another team for something/someone we want?
    Unless they think Robison is ready, I don't see Edwards leaving. He had a lot of production. To let that go would be silly unless they have a replacement ready to go.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

It would be silly to mess with any starter on a team that came a hairs width from the SB last year.

Don't mess with what's been working. Especially with Edwards. This will be Edwards contract year, he's going to be working his butt off. Even more if he thinks he might be losing reps to Griffen if he doesn't.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I love the pick! Everson Griffin is a lot of potential in the NFL, but I have one problem with it. Defensive end is arguably the least important position to address on the Vikings.

1. Rey Edwards is still young, and has done a great job on the right side.

2. Jared Allen is... well... Jared Allen. No reason to defend his value on the team as everyone should already be aware of his impact on the defense.

3. As for depth, we have Brian Robison who is one of the best backups in the league.

But as they say: "you can never have too much depth".
    This was definitely a best-player-available pick.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

HEY wrote:
    veryone should already be aware of his impact on the defense.

3. As for depth, we have Brian Robison who is one of the best backups in the league.
    Only a Vikings fan could say that and mean it.

Good backup? Sure.

Best in the league? Nope

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Good backup? Sure.

Best in the league? Nope
    Ha ha! I might have exaggerated a little, but I didn't say that he was the best in the league. I seriously think Brian Robison is one of the best pass rushing backups in the league. Robinson reminds me of Jared Allen in some ways, but Robison actually has more finesse moves than Jared Allen. For instance, I've never seen Jared Allen do a spin move, but I've seen Robison put on some great spin moves on the offensive linemen. It also looks like Robison is a little faster around the edge.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

HEY wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Good backup? Sure.

Best in the league? Nope
    Ha ha! I might have exaggerated a little, but I didn't say that he was the best in the league. I seriously think Brian Robison is one of the best pass rushing backups in the league. Robinson reminds me of Jared Allen in some ways, but Robison actually has more finesse moves than Jared Allen. For instance, I've never seen Jared Allen do a spin move, but I've seen Robison put on some great spin moves on the offensive linemen. It also looks like Robison is a little faster around the edge.
    lol, I remember someone interviewing the DLine just after the season, and someone mentioned Jared Allen and spinning, to which I believe Kevin replied "you don't wanna see him try and spin"

kinda funny.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Kiper gave this pick a C or C- something like that, what an idiot. How can this pick be anything other than an A? Maybe a lower grade if it was first or even early second, but in the FOURTH round?! Thats amazing value and with this kids potential I have no idea how this can be a bad pick, definitely BPA or at least close to it (with Bruce Campbell being available)
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Unless they think Robison is ready, I don't see Edwards leaving. He had a lot of production. To let that go would be silly unless they have a replacement ready to go.
    Makes sense not to let him go. Just like it makes sense that they should have already signed him.

For the life of me I can't figure Spielman out this year.

As to Rob, you lost me a bit. What do you mean by "ready"? Surely you don't mean as a everydown LDE. The cat is a perfect fit as a rotational guy that comes out on passing plays only. Trying to put him at LDE would be kindof silly as he would wear down pretty quick as we saw when he did go in for Ray a couple times over the past two years.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast