Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings select Tyrell Johnson 47th overall

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Without having to sift thru 9 pages on a fricken laptop with no mouse, does anyone know anything about T-John from actually watching him play?
    Define play.

;D

There are some good clips out there on him and the NFLN guys broke him down pretty good.
    Needless to say he is a instant starter at both S positions, plays the pass like a CB, is a sure open field tackler, willingly comes down and supports the run and can return Punts.

Hell of a good looking kid Singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-g0WS8yQxE
    We do have an opening in that department....
    Yea, at least we are looking to improve it.
    Mo Hicks appears to have the inside track but I am looking forward to seeing how this is fixed.

;D

Seems TJohn is a hell of a speical teams player also.
    That never hurts either..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It's a gutsy move on the part of the FO. Defense is our strongest unit and we had 5 picks in the first 4 rounds and for that we ended up with 2 defensive players and will have a total of one pick before the 5th round.

Hopefully it works out but I have to wonder about losing the 4th to move up for a safety. Maybe they are counting on the defense scoring more than the offense

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It's a gutsy move on the part of the FO. Defense is our strongest unit and we had 5 picks in the first 4 rounds and for that we ended up with 2 defensive players and will have a total of one pick before the 5th round.

Hopefully it works out but I have to wonder about losing the 4th to move up for a safety. Maybe they are counting on the defense scoring more than the offense
    You are holding back. You know you really want to say it was a bad move.
    Not the pick but the actually moving up to get this guy. Having a 4th rounder would have been good.
    seeing that the draft day 2 is now round three. Not having a pick till round five kills the resufulling we could have done. Our team must not have any offensive needs
    :

Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Not the pick but the actually moving up to get this guy. Having a 4th rounder would have been good.
    seeing that the draft day 2 is now round three. Not having a pick till round five kills the resufulling we could have done. Our team must not have any offensive needs
    :
    No, I have no way of knowing it was a bad move or not. I am saying it was risky and that is it. Whether or not it was a good move will not be known for quite some time.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

:
    No, I have no way of knowing it was a bad move or not. I am saying it was risky and that is it. Whether or not it was a good move will not be known for quite some time.
    It wasn't risky it was a bad move. The player is a good choice but....
    1) We let over 90+ picks go before chosing again. Teams go home and re align their draft boards.
    2) The talent level between this guy and the other
    safties in the draft a minimum.

So i say giving up that chance to slide in and get a player we had rated high on day 1 but slid to a 3rd or 4th rounder is foolish. This draft is a D so far. A D. I know people are going to try to
    spell it but we stunk up this draft

GViking5003 is offline Waterboy

When we first picked him I honestly had no clue who he was.
    Then I started looking up stats, finding some videos of him and I am really happy with this pick.
    Real hard hitter who seems like he has potential to become a ball hawk.
    Its kind of hard to see that 4th round pick go when its such a good draft class this year, but I like it and in the long run (hopefully even the short run) it should work well.
    Lets pray that somehow Booty falls to us in the 5th (so doubtful), or J. Johnson is around still.
    And lets grab some OTs while we are at it!
    Its been a fun draft to watch thus far

Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

:
    1) We let over 90+ picks go before chosing again. Teams go home and re align their draft boards.

So i say giving up that chance to slide in and get a player we had rated high on day 1 but slid to a 3rd or 4th rounder is foolish. This draft is a D so far. A D. I know people are going to try to
    That is your opinion. Only time will tell if it is right or wrong. Their decision is not one I would have made but I will leave it up to them to make it work.

I hope he scores alot of touchdowns.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

:
    Especially when you look at the roster and realize that very few of the rookies drafted this year have a chance to make the roster.

I think they know who those guys are and are willing to use all of our picks to get them even if it means we aren't picking everyother pick.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

:

I would hardly agree that a D is warranted when we got the Sack leader from last year and a perfect fit in the secondary that can start right away with our picks.

Again, we had 9 picks.
    We could have used all of them and picked every round but not all 9 would make the roster.
    Truth be told we will probably get 5 guys and all 5 will make the roster.
    That my friend is considered a A+ draft in my book.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

:
    Especially when you look at the roster and realize that very few of the rookies drafted this year have a chance to make the roster.

I think they know who those guys are and are willing to use all of our picks to get them even if it means we aren't picking everyother pick.
    ;D
    Serious?

It looked to me like there were plenty of players in the draft that could make our team. Just not apparently at positions the FO is interested in making better.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast