Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

Vikings select Toby Gerhart

I was hoping for McCoy myself, but after watching some videos of this guy I'm pretty stoked. Dude is a flat out beast, and we have a fullback now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjLh_yO41jw

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings select Toby Gerhart

I like the player. I hate the trade. No RB has been selected since him. We didn't have to jump this high.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If we picked him in the 3rd round, I'd be pumped. However, Instead of picking a franchise QB, instead of a DT which we will need soon, instead of OL, S or other NEEDS, we spend a pick which is way too high for a backup RB.

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

Re:Vikings select Toby Gerhart

More information on Gerhart:

671 career carries for 3,522 yards and 43 touchdowns. He was injured most of the 2007 season.

Standing in at 6'1 and weighing 235 pounds, Gerhart can play fullback as well as runningback.

Strengths:
    Gerhart has impressive size and strength for the running back position to be productive in between the tackles. He has great balance on contact and consistently bounces off would-be tacklers. Finishes his runs and fights for extra yardage. Always plays with a ton of effort. Was extremely productive in college. Plays with a high level of intelligence.

Weaknesses:
    Gerhart does not possess the speed scouts like to see for the next level. Does not effectively attack the perimeter on outside runs or kick it into another gear to hit home runs up the middle. Attempts to get downhill in a hurry, but burst through the hole is just adequate.

In short, Gerhart has everything a quality RB would need, with the exception of speed.

Only the fifth Stanford RB to reach 1,000 yards, Gerhart proved his status as a top prospect by running for 101-yards and a TD against USC and 103-yards with a TD against Cal last season (both Cardinal losses), finishing the year on a strong note for the 5-7 Cardinals. For the year, Gerhart had 8 100-yard games, including a 152-yard, 2 TD game against Oregon State and 138-yards and 2 TD in a close loss to UCLA, 23-20. Gerhart’s 1,136 yards set the school record.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Love the player, never a fan of trading up, but it does not matter where you get him its about how he plays.

He will fit nicely into the backfield and own people.
    We're bringing purple back.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Read on another site that GB was looking at him.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Zulgad reports that Spielman said they made the trade because they believed Houston was going to take him.

He also reports that Spielman says Gerhart will play tailback.

I sure hope he can catch and block.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

We could have had Colt McCoy without trading up in the 2nd round and still would have had a 3rd round pick. We already have the best RB in the entire NFL. This is the worst draft in recent memory. Why do we keep acting like we don't need a QB! It's so frustrating with how ignorant the front office is. Our draft team gets exposed really fast when a playmaker doesn't fall into our lap.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Italian Stallion is offline Waterboy

If Houston was going to take him, they wouldn't have traded the pick to us. Gave up way too much for a low priority.

I guess Childress figures if he screws up in developing another QB he may be toast. Add another to the long list of f*ck ups by Childress with the QB position.
    None

Big C2 is offline Training Camp

I love the pick. This kid reminds me of Mike Alstott. He is the perfect compliment to Peterson. I am fine with trading up for him because it looks like the Texans were going to pick him.

McCoy slipped to the 3rd round and we don't have a 3rd round pick Can we trade both 4th rounders to move up for McCoy? If not, I guess we're targetting LeFevour in the 4th or 5th.
    None

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast