Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings rumored to make offer for Kolb

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ee319e/article/eagles-reportedly-offered-firstround-draft-pick-for-qb-kolb?module=HP_headlines

Banner didn't confirm the trade offer nor specifically identify teams that have contacted the Eagles about Kolb, but he offered a few clues.

"They are the teams people are guessing (they might be)," Banner said.

According to the Inquirer, that list includes the Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans. Last year, the Seahawks and Browns reportedly made offers for Kolb.

Banner said teams that were interested a year ago "remain interested."

Kolb really reminds me of the whole Schab scenario.. actually, it's almost the exact same.

They've got Vick, tearing up the league, then this pocket passer backup, with good skill waiting for a chance to emerge.

If he can end up even close to as good as Schaub has been, it'll be a great move.

I look at it like drafting a QB with NFL experienc.e If we traded our first, I would not be upset.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings rumored to make offer for Kolb

The only pick I would be willing to give for him would be our 3rd in this seasons draft. Other than that wait for him to either get released or let some other team have him which would mean we would have less competition for a young guy.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

I wonder how valid this is though. On one hand you have both Spielman and Leslie saying they need more picks. Mix that in with Leslies comments about bringing in his O-coord and QB coach specifically to develop a young guy and then add his comments about how the only way to find a franchise QB is through the draft.

Makes one wonder if this isn't a yutz reporter just throwing out an article that has teams he "Sees" as potential suitors for Kolb.

By the way, last year the Iggles were offered 2 draft picks for Kolb and turned it down. My guess, it will take 2 again this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I don't wanna end up in a bidding war and trade the 12th for him and neither do i think this organisation will

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I would much rather "draft" Orton with our first. He's still young and has proven himself as a good decision maker (ie low turnover to TD ratio).

Kolb fumbled the ball and threw an INT in nearly every game he played last season! hmy:

And now they want multiple picks! Buahahahahahahahahahaha!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/23/eagles-looking-for-more-than-a-first-round-pick-for-kolb/
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092267
    I would much rather "draft" Orton with our first. He's still young and has proven himself as a good decision maker (ie low turnover to TD ratio).

Kolb fumbled the ball and threw an INT in nearly every game he played last season! hmy:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/23/eagles-looking-for-more-than-a-first-round-pick-for-kolb/
    Thanks for the read mountainman......I found this quite interesting......

We have our doubts that Kolb is worth such a sweepstakes, but there are a lot of teams desperate for quarterback help. And the Eagles know it.
    My guess, one of the teams ahead of us (In this order....Cards/49'rs/Ten) might opt to give up just their first and the Iggles might take it based on how high it is.

In case your wondering, I don't think the 12th pick is good enough alone. We would have to give another pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092296
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092267

Thanks for the read mountainman......I found this quite interesting......

We have our doubts that Kolb is worth such a sweepstakes, but there are a lot of teams desperate for quarterback help. And the Eagles know it.
    My guess, one of the teams ahead of us (In this order....Cards/49'rs/Ten) might opt to give up just their first and the Iggles might take it based on how high it is.

In case your wondering, I don't think the 12th pick is good enough alone. We would have to give another pick.
    The 12th pick is pretty nice in this year's deep draft. I would HATE to see us give up our 2nd or 4th too! For Kolb or to move up for any other QB, cuz we still have other serious needs. I don't want to give away a 1st or 2nd for next year either since the strength of our division and us running a new offense with a new QB (esp if he's a rookie too!) likely means we're picking early again!

Just ask the Panthers...they should have the first pick of the 2nd round, with an over night break to study who is left and do some wheeling and dealing. Instead, the Patriots have that pick (NE's 3rd of the draft!) and Carolina's new coaches have Appalachian State quarterback-turned-wide receiver Armanti Edwards. So, they traded the 33rd pick this year for the 89th pick last year. Ouch! inch:

Sportsnation is reporting that Frazier says he'd rather draft a franchise QB than trade for Kolb...and now they just said "Vikings not interested." But, thats not how I read the quotes earlier...?

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092339
    Sportsnation is reporting that Frazier says he'd rather draft a franchise QB than trade for Kolb...and now they just said "Vikings not interested." But, thats not how I read the quotes earlier...?
    I wonder if he didn't get himself into some hot water with the league? In fact, he can't say anything about vets right now, especially ones on current rosters as it constitutes tampering.

As I've said in a couple of posts, I've kindof changed my mind on this matter since listening to a discussion on the radio yesterday.

Basically it was Kirwan and Tim talking to a Vikings caller about the composition of this team and the state of the Owners concern over the stadium issue.

Basically said that this team was just getting to the point were it was good across the board with starters, some very nice backups that will emerge as future starters. Bringing in a QB to mature with a team that is already matured, wouldn't make sense.

That is, unless you were going to start over and start to rebuild for the 2014 season.

In short, what we do with our first pick, trade for Kolb means we keep on keepin on, draft a rookie (QB or otherwise) means we are going to start over.

If we go with the later and draft a rookie QB, guys like Rice, Greenway, AD, Ray etc, will be allowed to leave even though it will appear we are trying to sign them as the contracts will be low ball efforts that any other team can outbid us on.

In short, I am now on the side of the fence that we are going to mortgage the bank for Kolb. That means our 1rst and 4th this year and a 2nd (conditional) next year.

If you really believe we are a QB away from being competitive again this year, and to keep up with the class of QB's in our division, Kolb has to be the answer.

That would also mean that we should see (as soon as we can) a move for Kolb, Rice, AD, Chad, Hussain etc resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092386
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092339
    I wonder if he didn't get himself into some hot water with the league? In fact, he can't say anything about vets right now, especially ones on current rosters as it constitutes tampering.

As I've said in a couple of posts, I've kindof changed my mind on this matter since listening to a discussion on the radio yesterday.

Basically it was Kirwan and Tim talking to a Vikings caller about the composition of this team and the state of the Owners concern over the stadium issue.

Basically said that this team was just getting to the point were it was good across the board with starters, some very nice backups that will emerge as future starters. Bringing in a QB to mature with a team that is already matured, wouldn't make sense.

That is, unless you were going to start over and start to rebuild for the 2014 season.

In short, what we do with our first pick, trade for Kolb means we keep on keepin on, draft a rookie (QB or otherwise) means we are going to start over.

If we go with the later and draft a rookie QB, guys like Rice, Greenway, AD, Ray etc, will be allowed to leave even though it will appear we are trying to sign them as the contracts will be low ball efforts that any other team can outbid us on.

In short, I am now on the side of the fence that we are going to mortgage the bank for Kolb. That means our 1rst and 4th this year and a 2nd (conditional) next year.

If you really believe we are a QB away from being competitive again this year, and to keep up with the class of QB's in our division, Kolb has to be the answer.

That would also mean that we should see (as soon as we can) a move for Kolb, Rice, AD, Chad, Hussain etc resigned.
    So you're calling smokescreen on all this "draft a QB and develop him on field" talk?

An early 1st, 4th, and a 2nd next year!? OUCH!! inch:

That also sets us back OL depth, Safety upgrade, young starting DT, an outside WR who actually gets open etc etc etc. I hope not. If we're missing Rice and Harvin part time, and Sully, Hutch, Herrera's injuries linger, not even Peyton Manning would find success with our team!! :huh:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast