Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings Roster Decisions

Lots of good info here about Viking salaries and things of that nature. Nice work by Mark to dig up all this info.
    Vikings Roster Decisions

I for one think you need to go into this offseason with the mindset of "Rebuild" if you can't figure out a way to resign alot of you players coming off their first contract.

That means you figure out who is old and won't be around for long and trade who you can so that you can load up again in the draft with a focus of putting a contender back on the field in 2 years.

Players that don't fit that 2 year window:

K-dubb. Trade
    Phat Pat. Let him walk. Use the roster slot on a new kid.
    JK/Evans. They were crap and still are crap. Let them go.

Edwards. Let him walk but you better make sure Griff has his head on straight.
    Rice. Would love to keep him, but his attitude last year and his injuries just piss me off. Use the money that you would use on him on Chad and AD.
    Rob. Let him go unless you can get him cheap.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Vikings Roster Decisions

CB Chris Cook (34th pick): Plagued by knee injuries, Cook could enter camp as the starter alongside Antoine Winfield.
    RB Toby Gerhart (51st pick): Has problems fumbling, but he's good for 3 to 4 yards per carry in a methodical offense and improved his pass protection as the season progressed.
    DE Everson Griffen (100th pick): Showed a combination of speed and power off the edge during his limited snaps. Obviously an off-field problem after two offseason arrests.
    OL Chris DeGeare (161st pick): The Vikings are pleased with his development after starting for Steve Hutchinson in the season's final four games.
    LB Nate Triplett (167th pick): Off the team. Bust.
    QB Joe Webb (199th pick): Looking back, Webb could prove to be a steal in the sixth round.
    TE Mickey Shuler (214th pick): A victim of the Vikings' tight end depth, the Dolphins claimed him off waivers last season.
    FB Ryan D'Imperio (237th pick): Could be a factor at fullback, especially if Vikings don't re-sign Naufahu Tahi.
    Vikings GM reflects on 2010 draft
    Kindof tracks with the first article.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089493
    Lots of good info here about Viking salaries and things of that nature. Nice work by Mark to dig up all this info.
    Vikings Roster Decisions

I for one think you need to go into this offseason with the mindset of "Rebuild" if you can't figure out a way to resign alot of you players coming off their first contract.

That means you figure out who is old and won't be around for long and trade who you can so that you can load up again in the draft with a focus of putting a contender back on the field in 2 years.

K-dubb. Trade

Rice. Would love to keep him, but his attitude last year and his injuries just piss me off. Use the money that you would use on him on Chad and AD.
    Marr, some quick thoughts, questions, points...

Is keeping one DT a realistic solution? I realize you are nonplussed with the performance at the position (me too), and, I can track with you re: Phat Pat, JK, and Evans. That said, I would prefer to keep K-Dub and Guion, invest one draft pick on DT, grab a FA if possible, then address QB, OL, DE, and CB in the draft. I'm tracking re: rebuilding, but, in your scenario, we would be virtually forced to invest two draft picks on DT...maybe that's ultimately your point, maybe I'm reading too much into it. I will admit, K-Dub's best days may be in the rear view mirror, but, he still has a helluva lot left in the tank, even though last year was sub-par to his high standards. Are you thinking we can replace the Moss fuck-up 3rd Rounder by trading K-Dub for a 3rd? I may be talked into agreeing to that scenario...although, I love K-Dub.

Also, depending on your fav Sidney, we may be in need of another WR too! Man, do we have needs!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1089943
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089493
    Vikings Roster Decisions

K-dubb. Trade

Marr, some quick thoughts, questions, points...

Is keeping one DT a realistic solution? I realize you are nonplussed with the performance at the position (me too), and, I can track with you re: Phat Pat, JK, and Evans. That said, I would prefer to keep K-Dub and Guion, invest one draft pick on DT, grab a FA if possible, then address QB, OL, DE, and CB in the draft. I'm tracking re: rebuilding, but, in your scenario, we would be virtually forced to invest two draft picks on DT...maybe that's ultimately your point, maybe I'm reading too much into it. I will admit, K-Dub's best days may be in the rear view mirror, but, he still has a helluva lot left in the tank, even though last year was sub-par to his high standards. Are you thinking we can replace the Moss fuck-up 3rd Rounder by trading K-Dub for a 3rd? I may be talked into agreeing to that scenario...although, I love K-Dub.

Also, depending on your fav Sidney, we may be in need of another WR too! Man, do we have needs!!!
    I don't think we will use 2 picks on DT but I bet we use one, finally and bring in 3 or 4 undrafted cats in the hopes of finding a nugget that got overlooked by other teams.

Again, if you watched when K-dubb was rotated over to the 0 technique, he not only struggled, but the other guys struggled as well. Only time we saw that switch work was when he and Phat Pat actually switched. That caused teams fits.

In the end, I like Guion and think he is ready to start, but not at the 0 technique. Evans flat out sucks, as evidenced by the staffs resistance to use him last year and JK, although I like him, seems to be best suited at the 3/5 technique and really would rather play LDE than DT or even NT.

I have a huge concern with respect to JK this year. I think we will see his attitude change if he is forced to play in the middle again this year.

In short, no, not 2 picks. Just one with alot of undrafted guys brought in to see what happpens. Maybe, just maybe, the staff will be allowed to spend on a FA to add depth/starter, but I doubt it.