Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    [size=13pt]Rookie visits starting to take shape[/size]

    March 13th, 2008 – 4:14 PM

    by Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com



    The Vikings are starting to make arrangements for their annual mass interview of draft prospects at Winter Park, scheduled for next month....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    Let the smoke screens commence.

    I love the way this front office works the offseason, however, they aren't fooling me with the Flacco kid.
    They will get some Booty at 74.

    74 Vikings (Broncos) John David Booty, QB
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the smoke screens commence.

    I love the way this front office works the offseason, however, they aren't fooling me with the Flacco kid.

    They will get some Booty at 74.

    74 Vikings (Broncos) John David Booty, QB
    I live in Delaware, 10 minutes from the campus.
    Just took my 16-yr old daughter on a campus visit, courtesy of the AD.
    My take, after grilling with questions, the Vikes interest in Flacco is real.
    That said, I can't see them pulling a #2 on him, which is probably what it will take.
    However, as you've stated, the state of QB in the NFL is deficient, elevating prospective draft picks and desperation for many teams.
    I like Booty at the 74 slot and think it would be a fine choice...like Flacco there too, if he's around, don't think he will be.

    In fact, I like booty alot
    8)

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  4. #4
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape


    Time to get them poker faces on, and not show our cards. Can't wait to see what hand we finally play.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the smoke screens commence.

    I love the way this front office works the offseason, however, they aren't fooling me with the Flacco kid.

    They will get some Booty at 74.

    74 Vikings (Broncos) John David Booty, QB
    I live in Delaware, 10 minutes from the campus.
    Just took my 16-yr old daughter on a campus visit, courtesy of the AD.
    My take, after grilling with questions, the Vikes interest in Flacco is real.
    That said, I can't see them pulling a #2 on him, which is probably what it will take.
    However, as you've stated, the state of QB in the NFL is deficient, elevating prospective draft picks and desperation for many teams.
    I like Booty at the 74 slot and think it would be a fine choice...like Flacco there too, if he's around, don't think he will be.

    In fact, I like booty alot
    8)
    When I look at how the players come off the board (my guess anyways) based on team needs and BPA Flacco is available at 48 but so will a good OT like Cherilus and a WR like Devin Thomas.
    Because they took care of DE concerns at 17 they could go alot of ways the rest of the draft.
    Here I think they go with the OT because of McKinnies issues and get Booty with one of thier 3rds.

    1 Dolphins Chris Long, DE
    2 Rams Jake Long, OT
    3 Falcons Glen Dorsey, DT
    4 Raiders Darren McFadden, RB
    5 Chiefs Cedric Ellist, DT
    6 Jets Vernon Gholston, DE
    7 Patriots(49ers) Ryan Clady, OT
    8 Ravens Matt Ryan, QB
    9 Bengals Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB
    10 Saints Keith Rivers, LB
    11 Bills Malcomb Kelly, WR
    12 Broncos DeSean Jackson, WR
    13 Panthers Johnathan Stewart, RB
    14 Bears Brian Brohm, QB
    15 Lions Dan Conner, LB
    16 Cardinals Mike Jenkins, CB
    17 Vikings Phillip Merling , DE
    18 Texans Rashard Mendenhall, RB
    19 Eagles Jeff Otah, OT
    20 Buccaneers Aqip Talib, CB
    21 Redskins Kenny Phillips, S
    22 Cowboys (Browns) Early Doucet, WR
    23 Steelers Brandon Albert, OG
    24 Titans Calais Campbell, DE
    25 Seahawks James Hardy, WR
    26 Jaguars Leodis McKelvin, CB
    27 Chargers Chris Williams, OT
    28 Cowboys Felix Jones, RB
    29 49'rs (Colts) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB
    30 Packers Antoine Cason, CB
    31 Patriots Forfiet
    32 Giants Anthony Collins, OT
    Round 2 Pick
    33 Dolphins Sam Baker, OT
    34 Rams Quenton Groves, OLB/DE
    35 Raiders Kentwan Balmer, DT
    36 Chiefs Reggie Smith, CB/S
    37 Falcons Chad Henne, QB
    38 Jets Mario Manningham, WR
    39 Ravens Ali Highsmith, OLB
    40 49ers Xavier Adibi, OLB
    41 Saints Fred Davis, TE
    42 Bills Andre Caldwell, WR
    43 Broncos Pat Sims, DT
    44 Panthers Lawrence Jackson, DE
    45 Bears Limas Sweed, WR
    46 Lions Trevor Laws, DT
    47 Bengals Tracy Porter, CB
    48 Vikings Gosder Cherilus, OT
    49 Falcons (Texans) Joe Flacco, QB
    50 Eagles Devin Thomas, WR
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,857

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    I hope you're wrong about the bears taking sweed.
    :-\ :-\
    I don't want to face him for the net 8 years.

  7. #7
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the smoke screens commence.

    I love the way this front office works the offseason, however, they aren't fooling me with the Flacco kid.

    They will get some Booty at 74.

    74 Vikings (Broncos) John David Booty, QB
    I live in Delaware, 10 minutes from the campus.
    Just took my 16-yr old daughter on a campus visit, courtesy of the AD.
    My take, after grilling with questions, the Vikes interest in Flacco is real.
    That said, I can't see them pulling a #2 on him, which is probably what it will take.
    However, as you've stated, the state of QB in the NFL is deficient, elevating prospective draft picks and desperation for many teams.
    I like Booty at the 74 slot and think it would be a fine choice...like Flacco there too, if he's around, don't think he will be.

    In fact, I like booty alot
    8)
    When I look at how the players come off the board (my guess anyways) based on team needs and BPA Flacco is available at 48 but so will a good OT like Cherilus and a WR like Devin Thomas.
    Because they took care of DE concerns at 17 they could go alot of ways the rest of the draft.
    Here I think they go with the OT because of McKinnies issues and get Booty with one of thier 3rds.

    1 Dolphins Chris Long, DE
    2 Rams Jake Long, OT
    3 Falcons Glen Dorsey, DT
    4 Raiders Darren McFadden, RB
    5 Chiefs Cedric Ellist, DT
    6 Jets Vernon Gholston, DE
    7 Patriots(49ers) Ryan Clady, OT
    8 Ravens Matt Ryan, QB
    9 Bengals Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB
    10 Saints Keith Rivers, LB
    11 Bills Malcomb Kelly, WR
    12 Broncos DeSean Jackson, WR
    13 Panthers Johnathan Stewart, RB
    14 Bears Brian Brohm, QB
    15 Lions Dan Conner, LB
    16 Cardinals Mike Jenkins, CB
    17 Vikings Phillip Merling , DE
    18 Texans Rashard Mendenhall, RB
    19 Eagles Jeff Otah, OT
    20 Buccaneers Aqip Talib, CB
    21 Redskins Kenny Phillips, S
    22 Cowboys (Browns) Early Doucet, WR
    23 Steelers Brandon Albert, OG
    24 Titans Calais Campbell, DE
    25 Seahawks James Hardy, WR
    26 Jaguars Leodis McKelvin, CB
    27 Chargers Chris Williams, OT
    28 Cowboys Felix Jones, RB
    29 49'rs (Colts) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB
    30 Packers Antoine Cason, CB
    31 Patriots Forfiet
    32 Giants Anthony Collins, OT
    Round 2 Pick
    33 Dolphins Sam Baker, OT
    34 Rams Quenton Groves, OLB/DE
    35 Raiders Kentwan Balmer, DT
    36 Chiefs Reggie Smith, CB/S
    37 Falcons Chad Henne, QB
    38 Jets Mario Manningham, WR
    39 Ravens Ali Highsmith, OLB
    40 49ers Xavier Adibi, OLB
    41 Saints Fred Davis, TE
    42 Bills Andre Caldwell, WR
    43 Broncos Pat Sims, DT
    44 Panthers Lawrence Jackson, DE
    45 Bears Limas Sweed, WR
    46 Lions Trevor Laws, DT
    47 Bengals Tracy Porter, CB
    48 Vikings Gosder Cherilus, OT
    49 Falcons (Texans) Joe Flacco, QB
    50 Eagles Devin Thomas, WR
    Just heard on Sirius NFL Radio that the "Vikes are close to re-signing Robert Furgeson."


    Marr - I think you are on the mark with linemen in Rds 1 and 2.
    Would be very pleased if it played out as you depict.
    Booty in the #74 slot makes sense, maybe followed by a DB as you suggest...or, a TE, as I've been suggesting.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    215

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    Limas Sweed is not lasting that long....If the Bears want him they're gonna have to take him with their 1st round pick and I don't see that happening...

  9. #9
    mjuaire's Avatar
    mjuaire is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    103

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the smoke screens commence.

    I love the way this front office works the offseason, however, they aren't fooling me with the Flacco kid.

    They will get some Booty at 74.

    74 Vikings (Broncos) John David Booty, QB
    I live in Delaware, 10 minutes from the campus.
    Just took my 16-yr old daughter on a campus visit, courtesy of the AD.
    My take, after grilling with questions, the Vikes interest in Flacco is real.
    That said, I can't see them pulling a #2 on him, which is probably what it will take.
    However, as you've stated, the state of QB in the NFL is deficient, elevating prospective draft picks and desperation for many teams.
    I like Booty at the 74 slot and think it would be a fine choice...like Flacco there too, if he's around, don't think he will be.

    In fact, I like booty alot
    8)
    When I look at how the players come off the board (my guess anyways) based on team needs and BPA Flacco is available at 48 but so will a good OT like Cherilus and a WR like Devin Thomas.
    Because they took care of DE concerns at 17 they could go alot of ways the rest of the draft.
    Here I think they go with the OT because of McKinnies issues and get Booty with one of thier 3rds.

    1 Dolphins Chris Long, DE
    2 Rams Jake Long, OT
    3 Falcons Glen Dorsey, DT
    4 Raiders Darren McFadden, RB
    5 Chiefs Cedric Ellist, DT
    6 Jets Vernon Gholston, DE
    7 Patriots(49ers) Ryan Clady, OT
    8 Ravens Matt Ryan, QB
    9 Bengals Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB
    10 Saints Keith Rivers, LB
    11 Bills Malcomb Kelly, WR
    12 Broncos DeSean Jackson, WR
    13 Panthers Johnathan Stewart, RB
    14 Bears Brian Brohm, QB
    15 Lions Dan Conner, LB
    16 Cardinals Mike Jenkins, CB
    17 Vikings Phillip Merling , DE
    18 Texans Rashard Mendenhall, RB
    19 Eagles Jeff Otah, OT
    20 Buccaneers Aqip Talib, CB
    21 Redskins Kenny Phillips, S
    22 Cowboys (Browns) Early Doucet, WR
    23 Steelers Brandon Albert, OG
    24 Titans Calais Campbell, DE
    25 Seahawks James Hardy, WR
    26 Jaguars Leodis McKelvin, CB
    27 Chargers Chris Williams, OT
    28 Cowboys Felix Jones, RB
    29 49'rs (Colts) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB
    30 Packers Antoine Cason, CB
    31 Patriots Forfiet
    32 Giants Anthony Collins, OT
    Round 2 Pick
    33 Dolphins Sam Baker, OT
    34 Rams Quenton Groves, OLB/DE
    35 Raiders Kentwan Balmer, DT
    36 Chiefs Reggie Smith, CB/S
    37 Falcons Chad Henne, QB
    38 Jets Mario Manningham, WR
    39 Ravens Ali Highsmith, OLB
    40 49ers Xavier Adibi, OLB
    41 Saints Fred Davis, TE
    42 Bills Andre Caldwell, WR
    43 Broncos Pat Sims, DT
    44 Panthers Lawrence Jackson, DE
    45 Bears Limas Sweed, WR
    46 Lions Trevor Laws, DT
    47 Bengals Tracy Porter, CB
    48 Vikings Gosder Cherilus, OT
    49 Falcons (Texans) Joe Flacco, QB
    50 Eagles Devin Thomas, WR
    Just heard on Sirius NFL Radio that the "Vikes are close to re-signing Robert Furgeson."


    Marr - I think you are on the mark with linemen in Rds 1 and 2.
    Would be very pleased if it played out as you depict.
    Booty in the #74 slot makes sense, maybe followed by a DB as you suggest...or, a TE, as I've been suggesting.
    I think we need to get another WR in the first 3 rounds though.
    this class is just too deep for us to pass on someone with that value, at a position we still need help at...IMO.
    Wouldn't be devastated though if we didn't assuming it played out a certain way.
    But I will be sad if Devin Thomas is there at our 2 pick and we don't take him, gotta be honest about that.

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings - Rookie visits starting to take shape

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the smoke screens commence.

    I love the way this front office works the offseason, however, they aren't fooling me with the Flacco kid.

    They will get some Booty at 74.

    74 Vikings (Broncos) John David Booty, QB
    I live in Delaware, 10 minutes from the campus.
    Just took my 16-yr old daughter on a campus visit, courtesy of the AD.
    My take, after grilling with questions, the Vikes interest in Flacco is real.
    That said, I can't see them pulling a #2 on him, which is probably what it will take.
    However, as you've stated, the state of QB in the NFL is deficient, elevating prospective draft picks and desperation for many teams.
    I like Booty at the 74 slot and think it would be a fine choice...like Flacco there too, if he's around, don't think he will be.

    In fact, I like booty alot
    8)
    When I look at how the players come off the board (my guess anyways) based on team needs and BPA Flacco is available at 48 but so will a good OT like Cherilus and a WR like Devin Thomas.
    Because they took care of DE concerns at 17 they could go alot of ways the rest of the draft.
    Here I think they go with the OT because of McKinnies issues and get Booty with one of thier 3rds.

    1 Dolphins Chris Long, DE
    2 Rams Jake Long, OT
    3 Falcons Glen Dorsey, DT
    4 Raiders Darren McFadden, RB
    5 Chiefs Cedric Ellist, DT
    6 Jets Vernon Gholston, DE
    7 Patriots(49ers) Ryan Clady, OT
    8 Ravens Matt Ryan, QB
    9 Bengals Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB
    10 Saints Keith Rivers, LB
    11 Bills Malcomb Kelly, WR
    12 Broncos DeSean Jackson, WR
    13 Panthers Johnathan Stewart, RB
    14 Bears Brian Brohm, QB
    15 Lions Dan Conner, LB
    16 Cardinals Mike Jenkins, CB
    17 Vikings Phillip Merling , DE
    18 Texans Rashard Mendenhall, RB
    19 Eagles Jeff Otah, OT
    20 Buccaneers Aqip Talib, CB
    21 Redskins Kenny Phillips, S
    22 Cowboys (Browns) Early Doucet, WR
    23 Steelers Brandon Albert, OG
    24 Titans Calais Campbell, DE
    25 Seahawks James Hardy, WR
    26 Jaguars Leodis McKelvin, CB
    27 Chargers Chris Williams, OT
    28 Cowboys Felix Jones, RB
    29 49'rs (Colts) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB
    30 Packers Antoine Cason, CB
    31 Patriots Forfiet
    32 Giants Anthony Collins, OT
    Round 2 Pick
    33 Dolphins Sam Baker, OT
    34 Rams Quenton Groves, OLB/DE
    35 Raiders Kentwan Balmer, DT
    36 Chiefs Reggie Smith, CB/S
    37 Falcons Chad Henne, QB
    38 Jets Mario Manningham, WR
    39 Ravens Ali Highsmith, OLB
    40 49ers Xavier Adibi, OLB
    41 Saints Fred Davis, TE
    42 Bills Andre Caldwell, WR
    43 Broncos Pat Sims, DT
    44 Panthers Lawrence Jackson, DE
    45 Bears Limas Sweed, WR
    46 Lions Trevor Laws, DT
    47 Bengals Tracy Porter, CB
    48 Vikings Gosder Cherilus, OT
    49 Falcons (Texans) Joe Flacco, QB
    50 Eagles Devin Thomas, WR
    Just heard on Sirius NFL Radio that the "Vikes are close to re-signing Robert Furgeson."


    Marr - I think you are on the mark with linemen in Rds 1 and 2.
    Would be very pleased if it played out as you depict.
    Booty in the #74 slot makes sense, maybe followed by a DB as you suggest...or, a TE, as I've been suggesting.
    Thanks my friend.
    I just got a magazine in the mail today that will blow this all up probably.
    Stand by for follow on versions.

    It actually has us taking Booty in the 4th round.
    I am not so sure he will fall that far.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 09:28 PM
  2. 2009 Vikings FA moves & visits
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 03:52 PM
  3. President Visits Vikings Too!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 12:10 AM
  4. can someone post VU article "Vikings Visits, Interest update
    By VIKES_1181 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 04:35 PM
  5. Rookie Orton named Bears' starting quarterback
    By michaelmazid in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 05:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •