Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings, Robinson talking deal

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    I will give the Vikings management one thing. They know how to manage the CAP. We will get KRob signed when we get him signed. No rush people.

Well said Vikes. We will sign K-Rob, there is no doubt about that. They will not let him walk over a matter of a little money. He will sign I am sure before FA starts, and if not he will get offers and the Vikes will match it. Who knows they may end up coming out cheaper if they wait..
    Lets hope it's the latter & not lose him to a higher offer. It will be interesting to see what receivers get cut today.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    I will give the Vikings management one thing. They know how to manage the CAP. We will get KRob signed when we get him signed. No rush people.

Well said Vikes. We will sign K-Rob, there is no doubt about that. They will not let him walk over a matter of a little money. He will sign I am sure before FA starts, and if not he will get offers and the Vikes will match it. Who knows they may end up coming out cheaper if they wait..
    - Vikings WR/KR Koren Robinson is likely to leave via free agency, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune

2MD: Walk The Leinart

Just some more crap for the writers to get people all worked up over. The only way Robinson leaves is if he gets a ridiculous offer from another team that the Vikes don't feel he is worth. If anything, I see the Vikes letting him test FA and seeing what he is offered then going from there..
    Don't forget, GB offered him twice as much last year as we did & they have just about as much cap space as we do.

I think the'll make a push for him again & perhaps K-Rob won't turn them down this time.

I think that was because thier 1st, 3rd, and 4th WR's were out for the year last year..

They probably won't put in an offer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Don't forget, GB offered him twice as much last year as we did & they have just about as much cap space as we do.

I think the'll make a push for him again & perhaps K-Rob won't turn them down this time.

I think that was because thier 1st, 3rd, and 4th WR's were out for the year last year..

I wouldn't bank on it. All those receivers weren't injured when they made the offer to K-Rob. And Walker is on his contract negotiation kick again.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I wouldn't bank on it. All those receivers weren't injured when they made the offer to K-Rob. And Walker is on his contract negotiation kick again.
    I've also herad that Murphy the WR they drafted a year ago who injured his neck may never be able to play again that said I would think if they go after a player on our team it would more likely be Brian Williams.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Robinson talks at standstillPosted on Sun, Mar. 05, 2006

[size=18px]Agent: Robinson talks at standstill[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

On the eve of free agency, the agent for receiver Koren Robinson said that talks with the Vikings are at a "standstill" and once again expressed pessimism of striking a long-term deal.

"There has been very little progress made on a deal before free agency," agent Alvin Keels said. "Of course, the lack of a (collective bargaining agreement) and the Vikings' right to match has played a role.

Nevertheless, I am not optimistic at this point that we will reach an agreement before the start of free agency with the Vikings."

Keels said Robinson still would like to return to the Vikings, mentioning his admiration for the fans and the community.

"He just wants a respectable deal to play under for the years to come, and right now we are not at that point with Minnesota," Keels said. "With the right to match, the urgency isn't there, and that is understandable from a business aspect."

Keels said he expected to keep talking to the Vikings, in addition to other teams once free agency starts.

[size=18px]Koren Robinson probably will test free-agent market[/size]

The Vikings appear willing to let free-agent receiver Koren Robinson hit the open market Monday, knowing that with an NFL-best $24 million in salary cap space and the right to match any offer he receives, they are in a good spot.

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    Last update: March 04, 2006 – 10:42 PM

The Vikings appear willing to let free-agent receiver Koren Robinson hit the open market Monday, knowing that with an NFL-best $24 million in salary cap space and the right to match any offer he receives, they are in a good spot.

Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, said Saturday night that talks with the Vikings are at a "standstill" but admitted that with the right to match, "it takes away the [Vikings'] urgency."

"I am not optimistic at this point that we will reach an agreement before the start of free agency," Keels said. "Koren would love to come back to Minnesota. He loves the city and the fans, and he just wants a respectable deal to play under for the years to come and right now we are not at that point with Minnesota.

"With the right to match, the urgency isn't there, and that is understandable from a business aspect. I was being kind of optimistic in thinking that the Vikings would want to make a statement by securing a young, talented player that can help this team win ballgames for many years to come."

With free agency slated to begin at 11:01 tonight -- assuming a new labor agreement isn't reached -- Keels expects to talk to Vikings officials today and start fielding calls from interested teams late tonight if nothing happens.

"We will continue to talk in the coming days, and we will entertain offers from other ballclubs if Koren does indeed hit the market," Keels said. "Koren is a very loyal person at heart, which makes it natural for him to show favor towards those who show favor towards him."

Robinson, who signed with the Vikings last September after being released by Seattle, finished with 22 receptions for 347 yards and a touchdown. He made his biggest impact as a kick returner, earning a spot on the NFC Pro Bowl roster for his performance.

Most important, Robinson seemed to put his numerous off-the-field troubles behind him and was among the more popular players in the locker room. He had spent 28 days in an alcohol rehabilitation facility in South Carolina shortly before joining the Vikings. Robinson, who turns 26 on March 19, has played five seasons in the NFL.

Keels refused to discuss any particulars of his contract talks with the Vikings but agreed the biggest problem in the team retaining his client might be if another club structures a contract offer in a way Minnesota doesn't feel comfortable taking on.

"Maybe they'll be willing to part ways if that happens," he said. "It might be a situation where if the structure doesn't fit [the Vikings] liking maybe they let him go. I don't think the fans would be happy with it. If you let Koren go, you better make a good free-agent pickup somewhere else."

Keels did not have discussions with the Vikings on Saturday but did touch base Friday.

"I just have a feeling they want to see what the market dictates," he said.

Koren Robinson probably will test free-agent market

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789