Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings, Robinson talking deal

If ya wants ta move dis post to anudder spot, feel free... I didn't see one
    =================================================
    Vikings, Robinson talking deal
    <Feb. 23> Talks are beginning between the Vikings and Robinson, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports. The Vikings want to keep Robinson, and he wants to stay. If Robinson hits free agency, the Vikings have the ability to match any offer because he has a right of first refusal clause in the contract.

Robinson, who rehabilitated his career in Minnesota last season, previously expressed interest in returning close to home and joining the Carolina Panthers, who are likely to attempt to bolster their receiving corps.

After a difficult tenure in Seattle, where the receiver was dogged by off-the-field problems, Robinson earned a trip to the Pro Bowl as a return man in 2005.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings, Robinson talking deal

great news.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Best news ive heard in a long time

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

If you are Robinson, don't you test the offers anyway. This is a chess match or a poker game however you want to look at it.

Vikes give him an offer he thinks is market value or above. Does he feel he has to sign it. Or do you take the chance that someone will offer more in FA just to get the Vikes to pay more. Or will the market not pay him what the Vikes initially offer and then the Vikes can lower the anty.

Give him fair market value, get him to sign. I think you give him what Burly got, similar anyways, and see if he takes it. I think that says commitment on our part. It says we value him as much as our number one guy.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    If you are Robinson, don't you test the offers anyway. This is a chess match or a poker game however you want to look at it.

Vikes give him an offer he thinks is market value or above. Does he feel he has to sign it. Or do you take the chance that someone will offer more in FA just to get the Vikes to pay more. Or will the market not pay him what the Vikes initially offer and then the Vikes can lower the anty.

Give him fair market value, get him to sign. I think you give him what Burly got, similar anyways, and see if he takes it. I think that says commitment on our part. It says we value him as much as our number one guy.

It may sound weird but I believe that K-Rob has a little appreciation for the Vikings orginization for what they did for him last season. They gave him a shot when no other team took a chance on him.

Carolina is cap heavy, and I think they wouldn't be able to match a Vikings offer. I see K-Rob back with us next season. This is very good news for Robinson fans. I fall in that category.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Finally some news concering our free agents!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

It may sound weird but I believe that K-Rob has a little appreciation for the Vikings orginization for what they did for him last season. They gave him a shot when no other team took a chance on him.

Carolina is cap heavy, and I think they wouldn't be able to match a Vikings offer. I see K-Rob back with us next season. This is very good news for Robinson fans. I fall in that category.
    Arn't we all? :wink:
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Awesome! I had a feeling that the Vikes weren't just sittings there not doing anything with their FAs. The press just wasn't getting the amount of information they were used to, so they going with whatever rumors they could get.

I really want to see K-Rob come back.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

LOCK HIM UP!!!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

This is good news. VikesfaninWis, it's not weird. Some people do have loyalty and integrity. Maybe Rob is one of those guys that appreciates things rather than takes them for granted.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast