Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings and Redskins close to deal for McNabb

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1100924
    Why do people keep saying hes a rental QB? Sure it would be a couple years only but he is probably our best chance at a superbowl. Isn't that the goal? Put the best product on the field. He will help Ponder develop into our 10+ year starter and hopefully we have some Aaron Rodgers kind of success. McNabb is the best thats out there RIGHT NOW. Jump on it for a pick that won't make the team and let's get this ship right again and build it up
    Obviously the staff thought Orton was teh best shot or they wouldn't have gone after him first.

JK my friend.

Can't stress it enough, the QB is important, but this is a team sport. The team gives us the shot, not just the QB. If it wasn't the case we would have won one with our "Best Chance" guy in 09 and again in 10.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1100925
    Orton doesn't have the resume of McNabb.
    And yet the staff went into discussions with the Broncos and Ortons agent first....

Just saying.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Braddock" #1100926
    Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Terrell Owens (already mentioned), Brian Westbrook (caught so many swings, might as well include him), Donte Stallworth, site-favorite Hank Baskett.

I started out thinking I would prove you wrong, but I can see some validity to your point.

But who do we have? Percy, Rice (longshot maybe), ?, ? Why would he have any better success with us?
    Isn't it great to be talking football again.......?:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I think the key is to get Rice back or atleast Plex.

A wild card in all of this is our Canadian find (Arcenaux). Can he step into the big possession kindof guy that Rice provided.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So if McNabb comes here then expect the sound operators on gameday playing the viking horn sound a lot more to cover the sound of dry heaving from the middle of the field... :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1100929
    Would like to have him and Hanseworth
    Now your just teasing me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1100934
    Hoping this deal works out...but it would also be very, very nice if he had Rice to throw to.
    YUP, just checked, your on the ole "Those that have a clue" spreadsheet my friend. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by "LaBonBon" #1100947
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1100903
    The only QB in the league that I have despised more than Farve in the past 20 years is McNabb. I have stated to my wife for years that because of that he would end up being a Viking at the end of his career and it looks like I probably will be right.

If this happens it just might make the Vikings move to LA as an attractive option.

God I HATE McNabb and his god awful break dance, his prima donna press conferences and pretty much everything else about him.

If he signs I just might make Marrdro's rants on Farve look time by comparison.

Being that I live 30 miles from Mankato I can assure you I will go to camp and personally jeer him.

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO! I didn't think anyone despised him as much as I do. If he comes, count me out for the season.
    Marrdro can be seen adding La Bon Bon to the spreadsheet that so far only has PF on it. :whistle:

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1101006
    This makes sense in so many ways.
    1.Ponder can't be expected to be ready in only 7 weeks.
    2.Same offense he ran for most of his career.
    3.Comes at a discount given his 1 bad season in a new and bad situation(Still threw for 3377yards in 13 games).
    4.Fills leadership void left by Favre.
    5.Will sign a short term deal, with incentives, and when it's Ponders time to take over it will be easy to cut McNabb.
    6. Peterson will limit the amount of times McNabb has to drop back.
    7. McNabb excels in the short passing game, getting our play makers the ball in space(Harvin, Peterson)
    8. Helps with attendence. Rookies are fun but a future hall of famer will put butts in the seats.
    9.Ponder and Webb can learn a lot from McNabb.

It is somewhat dissapointing because I looked forward to seeing the young guys, but it just makes too much sense to pass.
    You left on number 10.

10. Should be able to tell if he is going to work out about the same time Ponder should be ready to go. 2 6th round picks and (lets hope) a small contract are not much of a risk IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1101009
    Not to mention that OL was horrible. McNabb will be just fine here.
    LOL, when was the last time ole Mars talked any sense when it came to a QB? Atleast 2 years. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by "LaBonBon"
    [color=#8844bb
    This is a very logical and well-reasoned argument. Well-done. However, I still HATE McNabb. It's his attitude and lack of personality that turn me off. Hats off to all of you true fans that stick with the team thru thick and, mostly, thin. I've been a "good" fan for several years but McNabb is just a "bridge too far" for me.[/color]
    Hang in there my friend. You have my admiration. B)

Quick question, did you like the Noodle?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast