Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    pro1ml is offline Training Camp

Vikings and Redskins close to deal for McNabb

According to Jason LaCanfora from NFL Network....

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
    More from NFL Network: Vikes and Skins have parameters of a deal for McNabb but agreeing on financial terms with him could be tricky...
    I wonder if this deal actually goes down if it will persuade Rice to stay

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings and Redskins close to deal for McNabb

I like it, i've been hoping we would land McNabb in previous years. I think he is still a very good QB. And I don't wanna rush Ponder out especially with the lockout taking up some time from him to learn everything and get adjusted.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Everyone blames McNabb for not making Moss and Armstrong work. Moss had a career year and Armstrong looked solid. However, that team is a wreck.

pro1ml is offline Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1100898
    I like it, i've been hoping we would land McNabb in previous years. I think he is still a very good QB. And I don't wanna rush Ponder out especially with the lockout taking up some time from him to learn everything and get adjusted.
    I completely agree.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The only QB in the league that I have despised more than Farve in the past 20 years is McNabb. I have stated to my wife for years that because of that he would end up being a Viking at the end of his career and it looks like I probably will be right.

If this happens it just might make the Vikings move to LA as an attractive option.

God I HATE McNabb and his god awful break dance, his prima donna press conferences and pretty much everything else about him.

If he signs I just might make Marrdro's rants on Farve look time by comparison.

Being that I live 30 miles from Mankato I can assure you I will go to camp and personally jeer him.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Not sure why you hate the guy.
    Only Brady has done more with less at the WR position. The guy took plenty of teams to NFC games with the worst WR corps ever. Freddie Mitchell... James Thrash... Todd Pinkston. The year he had a WR, he went to the Superbowl. Outside of his stint with the Skins....he was always in playoff contention. The guys a good QB and I can't wait to see him "MJ" for my team.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1100898
    ^^^THIS^^^

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1100905
    Only Brady has done more with less at the WR position. The guy took plenty of teams to NFC games with the worst WR corps ever. Freddie Mitchell... James Thrash... Todd Pinkston. The year he had a WR, he went to the Superbowl. Outside of his stint with the Skins....he was always in playoff contention. The guys a good QB and I can't wait to see him "MJ" for my team.
    No explanations, it is just the way it is. You just have to accept the fact that I do and nothing is going to change it.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1100905

Agreed 100 percent, he takes alot of heat and im not sure why. I think he'd be perfect here for a bit and help Ponder settle in. Hes probably the best option for a vet for a few years to come. Jump on it

They give me football one day and tell me a story of another aging QB who is going to come in and salvage the season. :sick:

Im all for going with Ponder or a less expensive Veteran QB. We have too many holes and cap issues to cure for a rent-a-QB. I am not knocking McNabb, I just dont want him in Purple.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast