Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    That is one of the best articles written by the press about the Vikings that I've read in a long time!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #12
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    I don't think we will need to new LB's..

    We could use a stud.. But don't need 2..

    EJ is a rising star.. He will be fine in our system..

    Cowart is a good middle..

    Could add Peterson or Ayodele

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    936

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    That is one of the best articles written by the press about the Vikings that I've read in a long time!
    :lol: I agree...otherwise its all bullsh!z !!

  4. #14
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    The way Shaun Alexander is playing right now, I hope he hits free angency! If the Vikings could only get a RB like him...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  5. #15
    hovan's Avatar
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    Is the Seattle O- Line going to be available as well, because Alexander is going to have trouble unless something is done!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

  6. #16
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    Good post hovan, i like alexander and all but i dont even want to think about RB untill we do some serious work on the offensive line. We all know how a good or bad oline can alter the play of the other 6 players on offense. Take for example Peyton Manning last week, protection crumbled and he failed horribly. I'd be satisfied with O Smith, Moore and Fason as our backs and go spend the big bucks to put a offensive line together that can bring this offense back to where it needs to be.

    Alexander is going to ask for the most money a RB has ever been payed in NFL history, FA is all about overpaying, see big mouth smoot. Now if we take all that money you guys want to pay alexander and we use it on FA offensive lineman we will be much more succesful. Then guys like Mewelde and Onterrio can finally have a kick ass offensive line. Not to mention our WR's having enough time to get downfield.

    Spending that kind of money on a RB is silly, cause good RB are all over the place, there the glory guys when the real reason for there sucess is right in front of them. Just watch the Seahawks run block then imagine Mewelde running behind it, same results. Same goes for Onterrio Smith or a RB we draft.

  7. #17
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    We could use a stud...

    Could draft one.. There are a ton of talented ones in there..

    If not we have some good ones.. DT will develop nicely.. EJ plain stud now.. Newman is a beast.. Cowart.. I think even Napo is better then people give him credit for
    tomlin said we need fast and athletic linebackers that can cover, not EJ Henderson, who is slow..the guy makes big plays and stops the run, but he is by no means a stud, he doesnt have the all around game and ability to cover anybody..he should obviously stay, but if we find something better to replace him on the weak side, then they should sign someone better and move EJ to the middle, or else resign cowart and demote EJ to backup both positions
    I strongly disagree, EJ has wheels and i believe he's alot faster then he was coming out of college, his lower body strength has improved since his rookie year. EJ looks just as fast as dontarious thomas for exept he's not trailing the play he's in pursuit.

    Maybe you didn't watch any games this year, he was hurt last year, causing him to be slow and inafective. This year he was healthy and was our best LB. I think EJ has a strong work ethic and Tomlin will get the most out of him, they could move him back to MLB but he must become more vocal.


    I like keeping EJ outside, instead of moving him to the middle. I am not sold on his ability to cover space, or as you say, he doesn't seem to be that vocal QB type of guy. I would look for a MLB in FA. If Witherspoon would ever leave Carolina, which I very highly doubt, I would love to put him in the middle of the cover 2. He played extremely well in the middle, when he was moved there because of Dan Morgan being hurt. Heck, I would love to get witherspoon and play him anywhere.

    If we have to, I don't see DT as a horrible option at MLB. If he can show he can cover space, then he could be a really good fit.

    Personally, I am not gonna make too much out of what I have seen from our young LB's in previous years. They now have an extremely talented coach coaching them, so I expect them to really excel and play more like they are capable of. I don't think we had the coaches needed to develope these young guys before, and that is why I like all these hirings we have made, especially tomlin.

    Hopefully we can add one really good LB in the draft or FA, and I think we will be fine at LB, with the coaching we now have.

  8. #18
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    "vikingstw" wrote:
    Good post hovan, i like alexander and all but i dont even want to think about RB untill we do some serious work on the offensive line. We all know how a good or bad oline can alter the play of the other 6 players on offense. Take for example Peyton Manning last week, protection crumbled and he failed horribly. I'd be satisfied with O Smith, Moore and Fason as our backs and go spend the big bucks to put a offensive line together that can bring this offense back to where it needs to be.

    Alexander is going to ask for the most money a RB has ever been payed in NFL history, FA is all about overpaying, see big mouth smoot. Now if we take all that money you guys want to pay alexander and we use it on FA offensive lineman we will be much more succesful. Then guys like Mewelde and Onterrio can finally have a kick jiggly butt offensive line. Not to mention our WR's having enough time to get downfield.

    Spending that kind of money on a RB is silly, cause good RB are all over the place, there the glory guys when the real reason for there sucess is right in front of them. Just watch the Seahawks run block then imagine Mewelde running behind it, same results. Same goes for Onterrio Smith or a RB we draft.

    Yep. Spending a ton of money on a RB is pointless, if you neglect the O-line. While spending a ton of money on the O-line, can do wonders, even if you don't have that stud RB.

    I am all for spending our money on the O-line and using a draft pick on a RB. Let the draftee, MM, Fason, and Onterrio battle it out for the starting job.

    I would spend big bucks on Hutch or Bentley, get a good LB like Witherspoon, and get a SS like Clark from Washington, then use the draft for a RB and whatever else we need, like a young QB.

  9. #19
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    the vikings don't have the most cap space but they say we are in the best situation because our owner will spend money
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

  10. #20
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Vikings Readying For Free Agency

    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    Good post hovan, i like alexander and all but i dont even want to think about RB untill we do some serious work on the offensive line. We all know how a good or bad oline can alter the play of the other 6 players on offense. Take for example Peyton Manning last week, protection crumbled and he failed horribly. I'd be satisfied with O Smith, Moore and Fason as our backs and go spend the big bucks to put a offensive line together that can bring this offense back to where it needs to be.

    Alexander is going to ask for the most money a RB has ever been payed in NFL history, FA is all about overpaying, see big mouth smoot. Now if we take all that money you guys want to pay alexander and we use it on FA offensive lineman we will be much more succesful. Then guys like Mewelde and Onterrio can finally have a kick jiggly butt offensive line. Not to mention our WR's having enough time to get downfield.

    Spending that kind of money on a RB is silly, cause good RB are all over the place, there the glory guys when the real reason for there sucess is right in front of them. Just watch the Seahawks run block then imagine Mewelde running behind it, same results. Same goes for Onterrio Smith or a RB we draft.

    Yep. Spending a ton of money on a RB is pointless, if you neglect the O-line. While spending a ton of money on the O-line, can do wonders, even if you don't have that stud RB.

    I am all for spending our money on the O-line and using a draft pick on a RB. Let the draftee, MM, Fason, and Onterrio battle it out for the starting job.

    I would spend big bucks on Hutch or Bentley, get a good LB like Witherspoon, and get a SS like Clark from Washington, then use the draft for a RB and whatever else we need, like a young QB.
    i agree with you a lot on this; look at the good year bennett had when we had a good line. but we do need a rb who can score when were close to the endzone and the only guy we have who can do that is moe williams.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings will be handicapped in free agency
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
  2. Rate the vikings first Day of Free Agency
    By kevoncox in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 10:10 AM
  3. Vikings Free Agency Notes
    By VikesfaninWis in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 10:55 PM
  4. Vikings Free Agency Review
    By canadian_vikes_fan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-05-2005, 03:57 PM
  5. Vikings - Free Agency!!
    By PURPLEPOWER in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 01:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •