Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103147
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103145
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103143
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103142
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103135
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103134

Not sure about all of you but I can't wait to see this team on the field week 1
    fyp
    Why wait till week 1?

First preseason game will show alot. Will it be the full playbook? Nope, but it will have the basics that the rest of the scheme will be grounded on.

Additionally, we will get to see some of the young talent on the field under game conditions. That in and of itself can be pretty telling as well especially when you look at if from a depth / future standpoint.
    I wanna see preseason, but week 1 is when the real action starts.

I like preseason, because I want to see what Ponder can do, and I want to see Webb play again. Dude is fun to watch.

However, preseason doesn't have the same atmosphere as reg. season. Winning is not necessarily a primary concern. Hell, your excuses last year about Gerhart and Lloyd lead me to believe the coaches collude before the game about what plays they'll run and how to counter them. (actually, I don't believe that) Where's the fun in that?

I just want to see real football, but the real action starts week 1.
    Two things.....

1. The words I used were scrimmages.....You confused that discussion with preseason. I just played along with you cause I was bored.
    uh... no

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro
    Not sure about all of you but I can't wait to see this team on the field for its first preseason game.
    Your words, not mine

2. Show me in my last post were I said anything about winning. I said we will see the basics that the scheme will be grounded in.
    and I was explaining why I want to see week 1 more.
    I was referring to that discussion my friend, not this one. Again, as always, you completely missed the point.

Its ok. As I said, you keep me busy when I get bored.:P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103149

fyp
    Why wait till week 1?

First preseason game will show alot. Will it be the full playbook? Nope, but it will have the basics that the rest of the scheme will be grounded on.

Additionally, we will get to see some of the young talent on the field under game conditions. That in and of itself can be pretty telling as well especially when you look at if from a depth / future standpoint.

I like preseason, because I want to see what Ponder can do, and I want to see Webb play again. Dude is fun to watch.

However, preseason doesn't have the same atmosphere as reg. season. Winning is not necessarily a primary concern. Hell, your excuses last year about Gerhart and Lloyd lead me to believe the coaches collude before the game about what plays they'll run and how to counter them. (actually, I don't believe that) Where's the fun in that?

Two things.....

1. The words I used were scrimmages.....You confused that discussion with preseason. I just played along with you cause I was bored.
    uh... no

Not sure about all of you but I can't wait to see this team on the field for its first preseason game.
    Your words, not mine

2. Show me in my last post were I said anything about winning. I said we will see the basics that the scheme will be grounded in.
    I was referring to that discussion my friend, not this one. Again, as always, you completely missed the point.

no, your point was you can't wait to see the first preseason game. I said I can't wait until week 1.

lets leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103150

fyp
    Why wait till week 1?

Two things.....

uh... no

Your words, not mine

no, your point was you can't wait to see the first preseason game. I said I can't wait until week 1.

lets leave it at that.
    ....snicker......Gotcha again. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103151

fyp
    Why wait till week 1?

Two things.....

uh... no

Your words, not mine

lets leave it at that.
    you evidently can't follow the conversation then.

You made comments about our OL, Cook and Hicks, none of which I disagreed with.

I chose to comment on the "First preseason game" point.

Try to keep up if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103152

fyp
    Why wait till week 1?

Two things.....

uh... no

Your words, not mine

lets leave it at that.

Which I replied to. Then I replied to this little gem of yours.....

Hell, your excuses last year about Gerhart and Lloyd lead me to believe the coaches collude before the game about what plays they'll run and how to counter them. (actually, I don't believe that)
    Which I then replied to as well.....

Someplace between the words "Counter them" and "1." I lost you....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103164
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103152

fyp
    Why wait till week 1?

Two things.....

uh... no

Your words, not mine

lets leave it at that.

Which I replied to. Then I replied to this little gem of yours.....

Hell, your excuses last year about Gerhart and Lloyd lead me to believe the coaches collude before the game about what plays they'll run and how to counter them. (actually, I don't believe that)
    Which I then replied to as well.....

Someplace between the words "Counter them" and "1." I lost you....
    You're focusing on two little words that are part of a tangent off the main point of this conversation. Let's go back to the beginning, and I'll say "I can't wait to see them on week 1".

Fair enough?

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/126774953.html

Cook arrived in Mankato on Wednesday night and began studying the playbook of new offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave. He said the pass protections are a bit more direct and less complicted than the previous system.
    SHOCKING.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

When he gets McNabb or AP killed, we'll see who still steps up for him. He's done absolutely nothing in 6 seasons that deserves praise. A handful of good plays in 40 starts? Give me a break. He is a LIABILITY.

Oh, and yes he does plan on starting.

But Cook doesn't see himself returning to his old role as jack-of-all-trades backup along the offensive line.

"Myself, personally, no," Cook said. "I'm coming for the right guard spot there."

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103202
    When he gets McNabb or AP killed, we'll see who still steps up for him. He's done absolutely nothing in 6 seasons that deserves praise. A handful of good plays in 40 starts? Give me a break. He is a LIABILITY.

But Cook doesn't see himself returning to his old role as jack-of-all-trades backup along the offensive line.

"Myself, personally, no," Cook said. "I'm coming for the right guard spot there."
    He can plan all he wants. It is still up the the new offensive line coach whether he starts or not. That is why he was told there was a competition. If he earns the position I fail to see the reason to complain about it.

midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1103204
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103202

He can plan all he wants. It is still up the the new offensive line coach whether he starts or not. That is why he was told there was a competition. If he earns the position I fail to see the reason to complain about it.
    This.

Of course he plans on starting. What kind of a loser would come in and say, "I really hope I am not starting this season. I kind of like only playing when the guys better than me need a break."

Nobody said he is the starter. And if he earns it, you will keep bitching, that is obvious, but it will be earned.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast