Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 103
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103044
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103043
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103042
    Quote Originally Posted by "kramer9guy" #1103040
    typical
    In the 2 seasons that he started, Ryan Cook gave up 13 sacks. And had 13 penalties. Steve Hutchinson only has 13 penalties in his entire career...

    You'll have a hard time finding a worse player with the same amount of starting opportunities that Cook has had. Statistically. See for yourself.

    http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7800&team=16
    Remember Todd Steussie?
    I don't remember Steussie being that bad, but I was pretty young. Hard to remember lineman unless they were All-Pro like Randall McDaniel. But he was a 2 time Pro-Bowler in 7 starting seasons with the Vikings. And only allowed one sack in 1998 when we went 15-1. I have a VERY hard time believing that he was worse than Ryan Cook. But to me, Ryan Cook is the worst Viking I've ever seen start for 2 seasons. He is such a bum. I think of Ryan Cook to the O-line as Hank Baskett was to our receiving core. Worthless, frustrating, replaceable, and waste of a roster spot. I think I might hate this guy as much as you hate McNabb :laugh:
    Ole False Start Steussie. I can attest, I believe he was the worst OLmen I ever saw wearing the purple and gold.

    As to him being a pro-bowler.....Big Mac was a pro-bowler. Hell, Birk was selected to the pro-bowl and even he said he didn't deserve it that year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103049
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1103048
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103047
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1103045
    And he is not starting anymore. He is kore than serviceable as a backup o-lineman and has improved tenfold the last two seasons.
    Also, comparing him to Hutch is ridiculous. Hutch is a fucking guard. They never give up a lot of sacks.
    Seriously, what isnthe other option? We need bodies.
    He said we brought him in to play "interior lineman positions". Which would mean guard and a couple reps at Center. He is definitely fair game to compare to Hutch. Especially in terms of penalties.
    Yes ... But 95% of the sacks that Cook has given up are as a TACKLE. So, comparing the sack numbers is a joke. Tackles also get called for many more holding and false start penalties than guards.

    I don't see you bagging on Load and his 17 fucking penalties in two years.

    It is clear the Cook struggled quite a bit in his first couple of seasons. But beyond that, as a reserve he has been pretty solid and reliable. Failing to notice that is simply just blind hate.

    Again ... What do you want us to do? Just go out and make the Dolphins give us Jake Long?
    I didn't mention Loadholt because he has been busting his ass this offseason with Larry Fitzgerald's group. And his results spreak for themselves. He is easily the most improved player coming into practice. I am very confident that he figured out his faults, and got into perfect season shape. As far as "What do you want us to do", I just don't want to start Ryan Cook. I view him as a gigantic liability. I'd like for us to start Chris DeGeare from the beginning of the season. Either him, or Herrera when he gets off the PUP list. I'm fine with Cook backing up Sully at center. I just don't want him to start a game, or play tackle ever again.
    You see the articles out there that recap training camp so far?

    DeGeare has sucked, especially when he face a rookie by the name of Ballard. So has our new C drafted this year. Most are projecting him as a the 3rd C.

    In the end, the people who do this for a living (the staff) has elected to sign him for 2 years. They didn't do it cause he sucked my friend. They did it cause they think he can help the team.

    I think I'm siding with them on this one. Good signing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103068
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103044
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103043
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103042
    Quote Originally Posted by "kramer9guy" #1103040
    typical
    In the 2 seasons that he started, Ryan Cook gave up 13 sacks. And had 13 penalties. Steve Hutchinson only has 13 penalties in his entire career...

    You'll have a hard time finding a worse player with the same amount of starting opportunities that Cook has had. Statistically. See for yourself.

    http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7800&team=16
    Remember Todd Steussie?
    I don't remember Steussie being that bad, but I was pretty young. Hard to remember lineman unless they were All-Pro like Randall McDaniel. But he was a 2 time Pro-Bowler in 7 starting seasons with the Vikings. And only allowed one sack in 1998 when we went 15-1. I have a VERY hard time believing that he was worse than Ryan Cook. But to me, Ryan Cook is the worst Viking I've ever seen start for 2 seasons. He is such a bum. I think of Ryan Cook to the O-line as Hank Baskett was to our receiving core. Worthless, frustrating, replaceable, and waste of a roster spot. I think I might hate this guy as much as you hate McNabb :laugh:
    Ole False Start Steussie. I can attest, I believe he was the worst OLmen I ever saw wearing the purple and gold.

    As to him being a pro-bowler.....Big Mac was a pro-bowler. Hell, Birk was selected to the pro-bowl and even he said he didn't deserve it that year.
    My point exactly. Cook is just a slower, less talented Steussie.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1103050
    And thats completely agreeable with cook is not a good tackle or even decent, But at Center and Guard hes a good player. This hate needs to be placed where it should be it a classic example of chillys round peg square hole approach. Cook never should ever be out at tackle unless everyone else is injured. But at center hes better than sully and cooper, and since we need all the Oline depth we can i think its a good move
    Yup, like Midg, Marrdro finds Delviking on the "Those that have a clue" spreadsheet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103058
    At one point I thought Cook would stand a chance at guard or Center because the close proximity of the defenders would hide his feet of cement and to be fair I actually saw a game or so where he had a few decent play, but then I started to watch him closer and saw him in training camp compared to the other OL and he has 2 things that stand out. His footwork is noticeably slower than the other OL on the team and there are plays both in practice and in games where I see him actually move to avoid contact and that is something you cannot do as an OL. As stated above, he did show promise in one game where he even pulled and made a great down field block and if that would happen consistently instead of being an anomaly then I would be fine keeping him. But you cannot fix cement feet and you cannot have an OL that looks to avoid contact.
    Hmmmm, interesting observations. I never had the chance to watch his footwork. Just doesn't give that fidelity with the TV coverages.

    I can see it, however, on replays/play breakdowns that they do on NFLN. I will pay closer attention.

    Good stuff my friend. Good stuff indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103071
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103068
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103044
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103043
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103042
    Quote Originally Posted by "kramer9guy" #1103040
    typical
    In the 2 seasons that he started, Ryan Cook gave up 13 sacks. And had 13 penalties. Steve Hutchinson only has 13 penalties in his entire career...

    You'll have a hard time finding a worse player with the same amount of starting opportunities that Cook has had. Statistically. See for yourself.

    http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7800&team=16
    Remember Todd Steussie?
    I don't remember Steussie being that bad, but I was pretty young. Hard to remember lineman unless they were All-Pro like Randall McDaniel. But he was a 2 time Pro-Bowler in 7 starting seasons with the Vikings. And only allowed one sack in 1998 when we went 15-1. I have a VERY hard time believing that he was worse than Ryan Cook. But to me, Ryan Cook is the worst Viking I've ever seen start for 2 seasons. He is such a bum. I think of Ryan Cook to the O-line as Hank Baskett was to our receiving core. Worthless, frustrating, replaceable, and waste of a roster spot. I think I might hate this guy as much as you hate McNabb :laugh:
    Ole False Start Steussie. I can attest, I believe he was the worst OLmen I ever saw wearing the purple and gold.

    As to him being a pro-bowler.....Big Mac was a pro-bowler. Hell, Birk was selected to the pro-bowl and even he said he didn't deserve it that year.
    My point exactly. Cook is just a slower, less talented Steussie.
    I hear ya, if you are correct when it comes to your observations on footwork. Probably why he wasn't suited (nor should he have been) to be a T.

    Been saying it since they ran him out there. I don't blame the player, I blame the coaches, when that happens..
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103041

    He might actually end up being out LT. That is some scary stuff.
    That's what they signed Johnson for, but if he goes down, Cook is probably the guy. Wish we still had Hicks for that type of role.

    The Vikings on Monday signed former Colts tackle Charlie Johnson to replace McKinnie, who was released this week because of conditioning issues

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103081
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103041

    He might actually end up being out LT. That is some scary stuff.
    That's what they signed Johnson for, but if he goes down, Cook is probably the guy. Wish we still had Hicks for that type of role.

    The Vikings on Monday signed former Colts tackle Charlie Johnson to replace McKinnie, who was released this week because of conditioning issues
    Hicks? Are you saying Hicks right now, or Hicks of old?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,228

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103085
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103081
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103041

    He might actually end up being out LT. That is some scary stuff.
    That's what they signed Johnson for, but if he goes down, Cook is probably the guy. Wish we still had Hicks for that type of role.

    The Vikings on Monday signed former Colts tackle Charlie Johnson to replace McKinnie, who was released this week because of conditioning issues
    Hicks? Are you saying Hicks right now, or Hicks of old?
    He must mean Hicks of old, because Hicks of now is pretty damn bad.

    I get worked up because all of the Ryan Cook hate is just blind hate. He simply is not a bad interior offensive lineman. There is no evidence that he is bad at center or guard because whenever he has filled in there he has been pretty solid.

    It is true that in his first three seasons when Chilly kept throwing him out there at tackle he got his ass beat and got his ass beat often (but so do a lot of young tackles) and it was made clear that with his size and skills he had little business being on the outside.

    I find it funny that Loadholt gets a free pass because he worked out with Fitz? That makes no sense. And DeGeare (who is reportedly getting crushed in practice ... and that is from multiple reports) should be the starter from Day 1?

    Cook CLEARLY is not a starting lineman in this league. He CLEARLY should not play tackle except in dire circumstances. Nobody is arguing that. But arguing that he does not provide solid experience and depth for the interior line is simply hate because there is nothing on film or in the stats (I love o-lineman "stats" by the way) that indicates that he is not serviceable on the inside of the line.

  10. #30
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1103115
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103085
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103081
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103041

    He might actually end up being out LT. That is some scary stuff.
    That's what they signed Johnson for, but if he goes down, Cook is probably the guy. Wish we still had Hicks for that type of role.

    The Vikings on Monday signed former Colts tackle Charlie Johnson to replace McKinnie, who was released this week because of conditioning issues
    Hicks? Are you saying Hicks right now, or Hicks of old?
    He must mean Hicks of old, because Hicks of now is pretty damn bad.
    To be fair, Hicks of now is a redskin. EVERYONE on that team is pretty damn bad.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bob Sansevere: Vikings OL Ryan Cook
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
  2. Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 406
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 07:21 PM
  3. Vikings re-sign Cook, Evans, Frampton
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 07:16 AM
  4. Ryan Cook - Settling In
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
  5. Ryan Cook | Vikings agree to terms.
    By VikesFan4Life in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 04:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •