Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Viking's RB situation.

I agree part way with your thought. It is the O-line's job to create holes for the runner, either it being Alexander, Lewis, or speedy bennett, but it is alos the big name backs that take the pressure away from the receivers!!! Alexander cause almost all defense to stick a ton of men in the box every play. This allows Joe Jurevicious and the other Seattle receivers to make big plays, and look at Jeremy Stevens (not the superbowl stevens) he makes big plays on the side lines because defenses have to stack linebackers in the box to keep Alexander for breaking one big. BUT none of this could have happened if they didn't have a great offensive line!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

OH also Having that Williams guy from Memphis would be AWESOME, i dont think we need a Lendale White!!! Mo Williams is doing his job when he isn't hurt and Lendale is more of a power back not a fast speedy back that minnesota needs since we are changing to a westcoast offense, plus how much fun is it going to be watching Lendale power up the gut for 4 yrd gains instead of `5-20 yrd breaks with a speed bacl. :-)~
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not sure whether or not you know but Moe Williams will probably retire. Even if he doesn't, he's a FA.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Just so you know, the intent was for Fason to take over the job that Big Moe Williams leaves behind.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

In my humble opinion I feel that we have some real talent at RB. With guys like Memo and Fason in the backfield I feel that we almost have it. However, i don't think that these guys are the long term answer. Bennett is more or less a gonner via free agency and I saw signs of greatness from memo but I don't want to risk another season of having him get injured every other play. I really feel that either we need to pick up one of the FA's (Alexander, Lewis, Edge) or preferably use pick number 17 on a RB. There are some very good backs coming out this year and I think that if we were to add a Williams, Maroney, or White into the mix with our backs it would create some great competition at the spot and would be easier on the pocket book as well. I really hope that Childress will open the spot up to competition and then will award the starting job to one guy! NO MORE RBBC.

In a perfect world I would love to see Lawrence Mauroney in Purple. I think that he is going to be an absolute stud in the pros and will be a feature back that we can depend on for years to come.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

BigEasy, you make great points. I don't like the RBBC crap either. It doesn't work when you need RBs to get into a rythem. One of the reasons we don't have year long productionfrom the RBs. Yes MeMo and Fason are talented. So is Smith. None of them are proven yet. I don't really want to see another year of wondering who is the back and trying to find out by using the RBBC system. I don't think Childress does either. Personally, I think getting someone like Davis could be a good move and not too expensive. I would rather have Edge or SA but we know the cost. If we can afford one of the two, take them. If not, Davis would be a good fit in a WCO.

Drafting a RB is not a bad thing. Great for developing and insurance in case the featured back goes down. I would really like to concentrate on a LB in the 1st round. That's what is needed the most if we can trade for a good FA RB.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456