Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings Rams Recap

I was there, section 136, row 1. Right on the 5 yd. line, 1st row!!! We were on the same side as the Rams bench.

Thanks to Singer, I had a sweet seat. Pics of the game will be coming tomorrow; sat with Singer, Viking_Queen, Neumdog and Webby. Got some great game action, cheerleaders (OF COURSE), and some other pics. Digital was over from Greece, so that was nice, got to meet him, and SnoBum was there with his girl Cassie.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

does anyone else think the new mascot looks like hulk hogan

Thanks josdin00

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

defense I wish that was a regular season game because I have Vikes defense on my fantasy and they scored something like 20 points for my fantasy. Im liking my defense. I've been saying it a lot. Purple curtain Defense. We'll kick but. I not too impressed with our linebacking corp filling in for Napo. Nap really filled in great against the run and we're losing that. Our defense did however make Brian Leonard that rookie look like an all star against us.

Actually we were stuffing him pretty good,he got his td when the second team d was on the field b4 that against the first team he had like 4 carries for 10 yards.And i have viked d as well cant wait till fantasy football starts

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Which WR's do u think will make the team.Who looked good tonight can you give me a little insight on everyone?? Allison didnt play did he??

i heard the guy saying Carter would compete for the 3 spot..i was kinda suprised to hear that

Troy Williamson
    Bobby Wade
    Sidney Rice
    Aundrae Allison
    locks to make the team
    Billy McMullen
    Martin Nance
    Jason Carter
    Cortez Hankton
    Justin Surrency
    Todd Lowber
    Chandler Williams
    add carter to the 'sure thing' list..the guy might be the most talented receiver on our entire roster, and last season, he was the only guy to go out and earn a spot on the team..everybody else was handed spots last season, while carter earned his, but for some reason still never got to play..carter made some nice catches today, and hopefully childress keeps him on the active roster and calls some plays for him

other than carter, williamson should at least get one last chance, but if he has one game where he starts dropping balls, he should be cut..mcmullen will make the team because you need at least one veteran on the team..also, rice, wade, allison make it obviously as well, with allison probably going to the practice roster

that leaves wade, rice, williamson, mcmullen, carter..with allison, nance, and lowber on the practice roster..i leave lowber on there because hes the vikings long term project guy..i also put nance on instead of williams because nance has the combination of size and speed to make more of an impact than the much smaller williams
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

1. He still didnt look very comfortable in the pocket if anyone saw that. like he didn't feel the pressure and scouts said that would be a problem he'd have to overcome and it looked like that when I saw him in training camp and I wanted to make my post before the game but didnt get to it.
    2. He also looked like he telegraphed most his throws and the DB just didn't make the play, playing the qb. Anyone who saw Training camp
    3. I don't think he has enough trust and confidence in himself and his team. This interpretation could be wrong but here's my thought. Twice I beleive it was twice on 3rd down he I think felt he needed to run because he didnt really trust either his O-line, Receivers and or his arm so he ran and got stuffed twice. Third down and decent didn't look like his strong points.

i agree with you there..he had good numbers, but thats just it, people are saying "he did good, and looked great, he went 8/11"..yes, he went 8/11, but only one of those completions was to somebody not on a simple, planned slant pattern..in real games, you cant run those over and over and over again like in preseason..hes gonna have to learn to make decisions, which he was still very slow and hesitant in doing..hes got all the talent in the world, but hes not going to be good until he catches up with the speed of the game on this level

look at last preseason..johnson threw those slant patterns all day long, and everybody was like "wow, this is gonna work! its gonna be great running this quick hitting offense!" but when the season started, and that play wasnt there anymore, what happened? and that was a fairly smart veteran QB we had back there

this season is going to be alot tougher on jackson than alot of people think..id love for him to prove me wrong, but i can guarentee you all, its going to take him alot of time to catch up mentally

im not hating on t jack at all, im just saying it the way it is..i want him to be great, and i think he is going to be a very good qb, just not for another year or two
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"olson_10" wrote:

1. He still didnt look very comfortable in the pocket if anyone saw that. like he didn't feel the pressure and scouts said that would be a problem he'd have to overcome and it looked like that when I saw him in training camp and I wanted to make my post before the game but didnt get to it.2. He also looked like he telegraphed most his throws and the DB just didn't make the play, playing the qb. Anyone who saw Training camp
    3. I don't think he has enough trust and confidence in himself and his team. This interpretation could be wrong but here's my thought. Twice I beleive it was twice on 3rd down he I think felt he needed to run because he didnt really trust either his O-line, Receivers and or his arm so he ran and got stuffed twice. Third down and decent didn't look like his strong points.

i agree with you there..he had good numbers, but thats just it, people are saying "he did good, and looked great, he went 8/11"..yes, he went 8/11, but only one of those completions was to somebody not on a simple, planned slant pattern..in real games, you cant run those over and over and over again like in preseason..hes gonna have to learn to make decisions, which he was still very slow and hesitant in doing..hes got all the talent in the world, but hes not going to be good until he catches up with the speed of the game on this level

look at last preseason..johnson threw those slant patterns all day long, and everybody was like "wow, this is gonna work! its gonna be great running this quick hitting offense!" but when the season started, and that play wasnt there anymore, what happened? and that was a fairly smart veteran QB we had back there

this season is going to be alot tougher on jackson than alot of people think..id love for him to prove me wrong, but i can guarentee you all, its going to take him alot of time to catch up mentally

im not hating on t jack at all, im just saying it the way it is..i want him to be great, and i think he is going to be a very good qb, just not for another year or two
    The scouts said he was raw and inexperienced.
    He is getting that experience now. Comfort in the pocket will come my friend.

As for short dump offs, seems the 49'rs won a few SB's doing that.

CMP ATT

PCT YARD
    Y/A TD INT

Joe Montana

63.7 3565
    7.3 19 12

Joe Montana

279 432
    64.6 3630
    8.4 28 10

Steve Young

54 101

Its the fricken scheme people.
    Ball control through the air via short passing, to RB's, TE's, WR,s which will in turn set up the run.

Heck, if you really break down the "Drive" it was like 3 or 4 passes to Roger Craig coming out of the backfield that moved them down the field to set up the TD.

gol 'darnit people.....
    What are you missing.
    The days of "Chuck it Deep to Moss" are gone.

:

As for TJ being great, all we need him to do is manage games and not make stupid throws.
    Again, he doesn't need to be great.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

http://vikings.scout.com/2/667164.html

The Vikings’ first-team offense produced 124 yards of offense on three drives, but it was the lack of points that was the discouraging part of the equation in a 13-10 to the St. Louis Rams in the preseason opener.

Tarvaris Jackson looked sharp, Troy Williamson was flawless on his reception attempts, and the Vikings had limited penalties and no turnovers – and yet the Vikings’ first-team offense only scored three points in a 13-10 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

Sno, were you on the upper level or lower level? It looks like you were right behind us! Also, WBLVikeBabe, were you at the game? I'm pretty sure I walked right past you while we were leaving the dome.

Sno was in the upper level with Digital & their gals. Section 228, row 20 to be exact.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

What?? No mention of Longwell, the only FG kicker in camp with no competition, missing that FG & costing us the game?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Which WR's do u think will make the team.Who looked good tonight can you give me a little insight on everyone?? Allison didnt play did he??

i heard the guy saying Carter would compete for the 3 spot..i was kinda suprised to hear that

Troy Williamson
    Bobby Wade
    Sidney Rice
    Aundrae Allison
    locks to make the team
    Billy McMullen
    Martin Nance
    Jason Carter
    Cortez Hankton
    Justin Surrency
    Todd Lowber
    Chandler Williams
    It'll be a tough battle for the last spot(s), and I think just about everyone has a shot at making it at this point.

And there could be a slight chance that they keep 6 WR on the 53 man roster I think. Which will hurt the OL, DL or LB group

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast