Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings Rams Recap

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    they worked the hell outta Peterson an Williamson
    peterson ran well, but the olines run blocking was horrendous..and before somebody says "it was just preseason", yes i know, but because it was preseason doesnt mean it was good, tonight it was bad
    remember last year when chester averaged like 2 yards a carry?He turned out to have a pretty good year.Remember the offense was very vanilla so i think until the regular season starts no judgment should be passed or taken seriously
    theyve had over a year in the system, they should execute better from the first day of camp, before preseason games even start..birk should never get thrown to the ground and owned 4-5 straight plays by a rookie defensive tackle..it wouldnt bug me so much if birk didnt get raped
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Well, that's true about not judging everything from one preseason game, but for the coaches and the borderline players hoping to secure a spot it means everything. There will be cuts and the coaches are deciding what to do with the others - it's a tough time for those guys.

I expect the defense to be good, and I expect the offensive line to be decent, but the things our entire season will probably be decided on will be the play of our QB's and WR's (as well as RB's) and right now nobody knows how good (or bad) they will be. Tonight was a positive seeing them in action, but there is a long ways to go from here.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

AD, 3 yd avg. 11 att for 33 yds.

I'll take it.

Tjack, 8 for 11 or something? Twill and Wade looked good.

And how about Thomas? #54 with the TD return. Fast, athletic and smart as hell.

I know, I know... Preseason....

I will take it for what it's worth: About 3.5 quarters of entertaining football. A good look at some key players. And at least the first step towards a new season of Vikings ball.

SKOL DUDES! It's football season.
    8)

[img width=450 height=337]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/SnoBumMN/0810072016.jpg[/img]
    -Sno

Which WR's do u think will make the team.Who looked good tonight can you give me a little insight on everyone?? Allison didnt play did he??

i heard the guy saying Carter would compete for the 3 spot..i was kinda suprised to hear that

Troy Williamson
    Bobby Wade
    Sidney Rice
    Aundrae Allison
    locks to make the team
    Billy McMullen
    Martin Nance
    Jason Carter
    Cortez Hankton
    Justin Surrency
    Todd Lowber
    Chandler Williams

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

McMuffin is a lock too i think, hes a childress guy

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"olson_10" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    2 picks by D.Thomas. That is bad asssssss!!!!
    the guy is crazy fast in the open field too
    Too bad we won't see much of him during regular season.
    It's good to know he'll be there if hes needed though.
    :knock on wood:

Thanks for the recaps guys I only got to see about 15 min on my break.
    I did get to see Farwell lay a mean hit on a backup QB that looked like it would have been clean during regular season.

Just looking at the stats...

Wade looks spicey.
    Was he always lined up in the slot?
    I expected more looks to the TEs.
    By the #'s it looks like T-Jack was good.
    Was he flushed out on his 2 rushes (for 24yds) or was it given?
    No Drew Henson or Allison?
    No injuries!
    SKOL Vikes!

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Hey sorry I couldnt post. I was without TV/ internet all except for one day. I was in our cabin out in Moose Lake if you know where that is. Anyways Im sure you missed my rants. things have probablly been really calm without me. Now Im at the Duluth Blues fest.

To make my post on this thread valid -In my opinion Jackson did improve. But as you could predict I didnt like him. He looks a lot shorter then 6'1 when I saw him. weird. Kleinsasser and Scott loooked huge though. jackson didnt lok great. One was three times out of 11 attempts that Ii saw were thrown at the guuys knees. Wade managed to make a good play off of it though. But this isn't really why Im trying to knock him and Im not really trying to do that. He had 3 problems with me.

1. He still didnt look very comfortable in the pocket if anyone saw that. like he didn't feel the pressure and scouts said that would be a problem he'd have to overcome and it looked like that when I saw him in training camp and I wanted to make my post before the game but didnt get to it.
    2. He also looked like he telegraphed most his throws and the DB just didn't make the play, playing the qb. Anyone who saw Training camp
    3. I don't think he has enough trust and confidence in himself and his team. This interpretation could be wrong but here's my thought. Twice I beleive it was twice on 3rd down he I think felt he needed to run because he didnt really trust either his O-line, Receivers and or his arm so he ran and got stuffed twice. Third down and decent didn't look like his strong points.

Peterson didn't impress me. The really worked him though. sure you can argue that it was the blocking but there were a lot of plays that he should have taken longer the 3 yards. One where he got touched by the guys one arm going into the secondary had a CB 10 yards down and the saftey ready to make a chase the could have tried for an angle but he kind of stopped going and the guy got his other arm over to wrap him up.

Mccaully really impressed me. Looked like he'd been in thqe NFL for 3 years. I like that pick. Really liked him

i thought there was definately an improvement at receiver. I predicted a breakout for Williamson and Im still liking it. Bobby Wade impressed me. he did good. Didnt see much of Rice. liked allison. He was my late round gem in the draft anyways a while ago before the draft and I was soo psyched when we got him cause I watched him in colleged and liked him a lot. carter wasnt great.

defense I wish that was a regular season game because I have Vikes defense on my fantasy and they scored something like 20 points for my fantasy. Im liking my defense. I've been saying it a lot. Purple curtain Defense. We'll kick but. I not too impressed with our linebacking corp filling in for Napo. Nap really filled in great against the run and we're losing that. Our defense did however make Brian Leonard that rookie look like an all star against us.

Quarterback. Alreeady explained jackson bollinger didnt look better enough to take the starting job over JAckson even though hes my predicted starter Bollinger didnt impress me. thigpen i liked but he was against horrid 3rd string de. Look below for Thigpen opinion.

if you guys act like you never saw Thigpen in the pre-season game. When I was at the training camp it was funny. I thought Bollingere and Jackson looked mediocre but the guys who impressed me were Thigpen and Henson. Saw more of Henson and didnt like him but Thigpen guys. I really when i saw this guy I was like "he'll definately make the team." Really to me looked like sadly most impressive in camp.I know Ill get some crap for using jacksons bad competition in college as a basis and adjusting when this guy came from the small school but my basis is however what I saw inb camp but whatever. so I dont really care if you want to go a page of haha and another on how Im a hypocrite about Jackson but whatever. So if you thought he was impressive in training camp I need back up haha.

So did anyone else feel this way watching this guy or am I just Childress?
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

douginc is offline Starter

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Hey sorry I couldnt post. I was without TV/ internet all except for one day. I was in our cabin out in Moose Lake if you know where that is. Anyways Im sure you missed my rants. things have probablly been really calm without me. Now Im at the Duluth Blues fest.

To make my post on this thread valid -In my opinion Jackson did improve. But as you could predict I didnt like him. He looks a lot shorter then 6'1 when I saw him. weird. Kleinsasser and Scott loooked huge though. jackson didnt lok great. One was three times out of 11 attempts that Ii saw were thrown at the guuys knees. Wade managed to make a good play off of it though. But this isn't really why Im trying to knock him and Im not really trying to do that. He had 3 problems with me.

1. He still didnt look very comfortable in the pocket if anyone saw that. like he didn't feel the pressure and scouts said that would be a problem he'd have to overcome and it looked like that when I saw him in training camp and I wanted to make my post before the game but didnt get to it.
    2. He also looked like he telegraphed most his throws and the DB just didn't make the play, playing the qb. Anyone who saw Training camp
    3. I don't think he has enough trust and confidence in himself and his team. This interpretation could be wrong but here's my thought. Twice I beleive it was twice on 3rd down he I think felt he needed to run because he didnt really trust either his O-line, Receivers and or his arm so he ran and got stuffed twice. Third down and decent didn't look like his strong points.

Peterson didn't impress me. The really worked him though. sure you can argue that it was the blocking but there were a lot of plays that he should have taken longer the 3 yards. One where he got touched by the guys one arm going into the secondary had a CB 10 yards down and the saftey ready to make a chase the could have tried for an angle but he kind of stopped going and the guy got his other arm over to wrap him up.

Mccaully really impressed me. Looked like he'd been in thqe NFL for 3 years. I like that pick. Really liked him

i thought there was definately an improvement at receiver. I predicted a breakout for Williamson and Im still liking it. Bobby Wade impressed me. he did good. Didnt see much of Rice. liked allison. He was my late round gem in the draft anyways a while ago before the draft and I was soo psyched when we got him cause I watched him in colleged and liked him a lot. carter wasnt great.

defense I wish that was a regular season game because I have Vikes defense on my fantasy and they scored something like 20 points for my fantasy. Im liking my defense. I've been saying it a lot. Purple curtain Defense. We'll kick but. I not too impressed with our linebacking corp filling in for Napo. Nap really filled in great against the run and we're losing that. Our defense did however make Brian Leonard that rookie look like an all star against us.

Quarterback. Alreeady explained jackson bollinger didnt look better enough to take the starting job over JAckson even though hes my predicted starter Bollinger didnt impress me. thigpen i liked but he was against horrid 3rd string de. Look below for Thigpen opinion.

if you guys act like you never saw Thigpen in the pre-season game. When I was at the training camp it was funny. I thought Bollingere and Jackson looked mediocre but the guys who impressed me were Thigpen and Henson. Saw more of Henson and didnt like him but Thigpen guys. I really when i saw this guy I was like "he'll definately make the team." Really to me looked like sadly most impressive in camp.I know Ill get some crap for using jacksons bad competition in college as a basis and adjusting when this guy came from the small school but my basis is however what I saw inb camp but whatever. so I dont really care if you want to go a page of haha and another on how Im a hypocrite about Jackson but whatever. So if you thought he was impressive in training camp I need back up haha.

So did anyone else feel this way watching this guy or am I just Childress?
    No, I actually totally 100% agree with you.
    I had heard great things about him during and shortly after the draft, but he was truly under the radar for me as far as comments about players during camp.
    And, wow, he did look very impressive as an undrafted rookie QB.

Don't anyone kill me, it's just for comparison's sake, but he reminded me of a young (and not old, senile, and pick-throwing-crazy) Brett Favre.
    Very accurate passes, can fit into tight windows, and has enough athleticism to scramble when necessary.
    I wouldn't be shocked if I woke up from a coma in three to five years to find him the quarterback (or primary backup) of the Vikings.

Also, I never saw Allison touch the field.
    Perhaps I just missed the plays he was in on, but I was really excited to finally see him play.
    All the reports on Marcus McCaulley were right on the money - he is honestly (the term is thrown around too often, but here it should stick) the steal of this year's draft.
    He looks like he could be a premier corner in the league when he matures, and he went in the third round.
    We should all be gol 'darnit thankful he fell right into our hands.

Other than that, Robison looked impressive, so did Ray Edwards.
    Could be a much improved rush as soon as these two mature into the roles of being on the field with first string offenses.

douginc is offline Starter

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Actually, I know exactly where that is.
    My grandmother has lived there for over sixty years - the town has barely changed in all the 26 years I've been alive.
    I went to elementary school there for a few years when I lived with my grandmother.
    Nice, peaceful town with a great breakfast restaurant, I think the name is Blue Bear Cafe, but it used to be the Windtree for a long time.
    And I don't think anyone gets cable TV out in Moose Lake.

I was at this game! My first game ever...it was pretty cool. Mccauley really impressed me. I didn't think T-jack did too bad. It really looks like T-will improved...even just watching him warm up it seemed like his whole style has changed. He played pretty well. And granted, it was against a 3rd string defense, but when Thigpen took off running to get a first down those few times he did, I was impressed there too.

Sno, were you on the upper level or lower level? It looks like you were right behind us! Also, WBLVikeBabe, were you at the game? I'm pretty sure I walked right past you while we were leaving the dome.

"God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast