Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Rams Recap

Twill looked sharp as did Jackson.. i was very impressed.. only problem no offensive TD.. but overall good show

Re: Vikings Rams Recap

That's good news. Hopefully they can continue to look sharp because we really need both to step it up this year. Bobby Wade also caught a couple passes - that was good to see...
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

2 picks by D.Thomas. That is bad asssssss!!!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    2 picks by D.Thomas. That is bad asssssss!!!!
    the guy is crazy fast in the open field too
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I would say a good showing I figured a tight game. Defense WOW 1st and 2nd teams stand out in my view Brian Robison I know he was going againts some 3rd string offensive tackle he could have had 5 sacks this guy put on the pressure. I wanna see this guy play more.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

there will be a close battle for the punting job..kluwe looked awful on his first 2 kicks, but came back with 2 good ones..reyes is clearly the better directional punter, and that seems to be what childress is looking for, so that will be an interesting battle

peterson ran pretty tough, but couldnt get any blocks..we gotta pray to god that hutchinson is healthy for every game this season, otherwise that left side of the line will stuggle even with birk and mckinnie

robison and edwards looked real good, but its clear that pressure on the QB will probably still be an issue..hopefully frazier can call his blitzes in the right spots to make sure that they are effective

with the game tied with 2 mins left, for some reason we had our guys playing a prevent, inviting the rams to come down the field and score..i dont know if that was just the backup corners playing too far off, or just poor play calling

jackson made the throws he was designed to make..he made the short, slant pattern easy throws, but only got one chance to air it out, but it was a tough throw with the receiver unable to get open..its still unclear where hes at until they let him do some more things on his own back there..not sure if he was just a little slow with his decisions, or the receivers were just unable to get open..doesnt seem like he wants to use his legs as much as he can (saw this last year too, hesitates to run, defenders catch him when he finally decides to take off)..he needs some experience, and should catch up to the speed of the game soon i hope

it was an okay game all around, but i wouldnt say anything more than that right now..alot of holes on the team still
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

they worked the hell outta Peterson an Williamson

"SharperImage" wrote:
    peterson ran well, but the olines run blocking was horrendous..and before somebody says "it was just preseason", yes i know, but because it was preseason doesnt mean it was good, tonight it was bad..its the same system, and same group of guys (minus hutch) so they should come in and play well right from the start

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Macauley played well so did tjack twill and dontarius.Peterson had 11 carries for 33 yards but hutch didnt play today so i think that affected him some.Bollinger looked pretty bad 2/3 for 3 yards......brian robison should have had about 3 sacks i saw the qb slip away from him at least twice but i didnt watch the whole game so it might have been more.Overall i was satisfied with what i saw especially from tjacl.Hopefully chili knows what hes doing and tjack has a good year for us

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"olson_10" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    peterson ran well, but the olines run blocking was horrendous..and before somebody says "it was just preseason", yes i know, but because it was preseason doesnt mean it was good, tonight it was bad
    remember last year when chester averaged like 2 yards a carry?He turned out to have a pretty good year.Remember the offense was very vanilla so i think until the regular season starts no judgment should be passed or taken seriously

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast