Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Pre-Draft Press Conference

[size=13pt]Pre-Draft Press Conference[/size]

4/24/2008

vikings.com

Head Coach Brad Childress, Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman, Director of College Scouting Scott Studwell....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings Pre-Draft Press Conference

I’m just going to go ahead and give you the list of the people we are going to select here right now (laughter).
    The ole Chiller has had his A game going the last few days hasn't he.
    Of course if I was a HC that had been getting a steady heaping helping of rookies to coach for the last 2 years and now I was seeing all the vets coming in, I would be a bit happier as well.

Looks like I have been mistaken when it comes to the Chillers role in the scouting process....

Studwell: I don’t have anything planned obviously. You probably hear this every year. I just want to first of all thank all of the people that are responsible for us trying to put this draft together. Obviously number one is our scouts, who just work tirelessly. They have great dedication to their craft. Our support staff in Kelly Wilske and Paul Nelson and our interns, Brian (Eayrs) and Kyle (Childress) and Curtis (Crossley), our medical people, team ops. Everybody just worked so hard in this process, and it’s an ongoing 10-month long process and it all boils down to two days of picks.
    Q: You played with Carl Eller and Chris Doleman, and having seen those two and scouted Allen, what are some of the similarities that you see?

A: We really don’t get an opportunity to watch a lot of pro tape.
    What a fricken stupid question.
    If that yutz was on here he would know that he should have asked that question ot Paton and not Studwell.
    >

There aren’t as many players on this draft board, not to say that they’re not good prospects, but we feel because of the depth on our current roster, they’d have a tough time coming in here and impacting our team like our rookie class did last year.
    Hmmmmmmmm, who's been spewing that drivel out around here.
    : (I've been rolling my eyes alot today).
    ;D

I gotta agree with him and the PPO poster who has been saying that time on the roster and a year of NFL coaching should give all of our backups the leg up on these rooks.

;D

Q: How much more comfortable are you with Rick’s system in the second year?
    Hey, wait a minute.
    WHO's System?
    WHO?
    Can you say that one more time for possible penentration?

Q: How much more comfortable are you with Rick’s system in the second year?
    I am just cracking myself up today.
    Can't wait to get home and suds some beers.

By the way, even though this "we love each other" crap is getting old, this one should get pointed out again.

Spielman: Everybody should have most everything answered now. Scott did a great job of recognizing everybody in the organization, but the pro side of our department and George Paton and what he did (deserves to be recognized). I have the utmost respect for Scott Studwell and all of our college scouts and what they do; the same thing goes on the pro side with George Paton and the pro department. With the addition of George, to have guys like Scott and George as your two right-hand men to run those two departments for you and to run them efficiently is something, I think, as people see, this organization is special and to get people like that who are capable of doing their jobs as well as they do makes everybody’s job a lot easier.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Singer, must you keep spoon feeding Marrdro with all this crap to back up his whole team process to bringing in personnel theory.
    You know how much he lives for it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tastywaves" wrote:
    Singer, must you keep spoon feeding Marrdro with all this crap to back up his whole team process to bringing in personnel theory.
    He has a mandate to keep me informed. If he doesn't then I will ping on Birk and Praise Mozes until he gets me more info to read.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    He has a mandate to keep me informed. If he doesn't then I will ping on Birk and Praise Mozes until he gets me more info to read.
    ;D
    I have nothing against Mozes. I hope he does turn out to be a great center & heir apparent to Birk.

All I attest to is that without seeing him play one iota as Viking, I'm not ready to anoint or crown him as Birk's replacement.

That has to be earned, not just handed over to him based on a few articles. He has yet to snap a ball in any Vikings game, preseason or otherwise. Let's let him play a bit & see what he's got before we crown or judge him.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Interesting read.. Hopefully we get lucky this year

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That is a standard canned press release as far as I am concerned.

What was Studwell supposed to say?

Q) Your OL seems to be a bit thin, will you be addressing it in the draft?

A) "Well, we though initially that our OL had problems, but we read PPO daily and this Marr guy has convinced us that Mozes is the guy so I guess we are set. can I have another glass of that purple kool-aid? it's real good" Thanks

;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    That is a standard canned press release as far as I am concerned.

What was Studwell supposed to say?

Q) Your OL seems to be a bit thin, will you be addressing it in the draft?

A) "Well, we though initially that our OL had problems, but we read PPO daily and this Marr guy has convinced us that Mozes is the guy so I guess we are set. can I have another glass of that purple kool-aid? it's real good" Thanks

;D
    He hasn't convinced me yet. I don't base how well a player is "going" to play based solely on a few articles from his college days. Plus the fact that Marrdro himself hasn't even see him play.

Sounds good on paper, but seeing is believing.

You can look back at any player the Vikings have drafted that turned out to be a lot less than advertised & find articles touting them as great play makers.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

blowing smoke
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    blowing smoke
    AKA MarrdroVision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast