Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings players appreciated extra time off

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=51436.msg934244#msg934244 date=1239658431]
    Good to see Childress knows how to pace the physical demands of an NFL season.
    Should pay huge dividends in December and January.
    Or they will drop the first 2 games again cause they aren't ready..

Everyone knows they lost the first 2 games because of Tjack, has nothing to do with the team not being ready.

Yea right, like one player is gonna loose us a game.
    Sure the offense had its issues but the defense had thiers as well even though you guys won't admit it.

Defense got tired in the Colts game.
    Defense didn't work together in the GB game (No Fricken Sacks).
    Secondary took bad angles on tackles etc etc etc.
    Your second paragraph makes ridiculous claims.

1. I have rewatched the Colts game and fatigue had nothing to do with that loss.
    2. You, the man who says sacks cannot be used to judge a DE's performance, are now (for the second time) using sacks to claim that the D did not work together in the GB game. This is why I and a couple of others call you a flip-flopper.
    3. Our secondary is a very good tackling bunch. They missed about 3 tackles in those first 3 games which led to big plays. Overall though they were solid.

If you are looking for evidence that the team wasn't ready come week 1, that's fine, but don't make up stuff when you can't find any. The Defense came out of the gates playing well, and in rhythm. Jared Allen, one player, had a slow start, and Tyrell Johnson clearly wasn't ready for a starting role. Otherwise, that D was great.

The Offense was a different story. A lack of rhythm between TJ and Berrian his WRs was evident (some would blame this on preseason injuries) and some also argue that the scheme was not complex enough to make for an effective offense in week 1. So I agree with these claims? Not necessarily, but at least they aren't made up out of thin air.
    Ahhhh, the "Your a Flip Flopper" defense.
    LOL.

Explain to me why the defense shut the colts down in the first half (0 Points) and then didn't in the second half (18 Points)?

Maybe it had something to do with a 40 yard drive being the longest in the first half but in the second half we saw 80 and 62 yards.......

Thin air my ass....... :

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20080914016&page=drives

[/quote]

Did you ever think that maybe Peyton was having an off half?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    What a tool.

=Z=
    [size=1pt]Childress, according to Mars.
    Not you, Doc![/size]

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51436.msg934248#msg934248 date=1239659014]
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=51436.msg934244#msg934244 date=1239658431]

Everyone knows they lost the first 2 games because of Tjack, has nothing to do with the team not being ready.

Sure the offense had its issues but the defense had thiers as well even though you guys won't admit it.

1. I have rewatched the Colts game and fatigue had nothing to do with that loss.
    2. You, the man who says sacks cannot be used to judge a DE's performance, are now (for the second time) using sacks to claim that the D did not work together in the GB game. This is why I and a couple of others call you a flip-flopper.
    3. Our secondary is a very good tackling bunch. They missed about 3 tackles in those first 3 games which led to big plays. Overall though they were solid.

If you are looking for evidence that the team wasn't ready come week 1, that's fine, but don't make up stuff when you can't find any. The Defense came out of the gates playing well, and in rhythm. Jared Allen, one player, had a slow start, and Tyrell Johnson clearly wasn't ready for a starting role. Otherwise, that D was great.

The Offense was a different story. A lack of rhythm between TJ and Berrian his WRs was evident (some would blame this on preseason injuries) and some also argue that the scheme was not complex enough to make for an effective offense in week 1. So I agree with these claims? Not necessarily, but at least they aren't made up out of thin air.
    LOL.

Explain to me why the defense shut the colts down in the first half (0 Points) and then didn't in the second half (18 Points)?

Maybe it had something to do with a 40 yard drive being the longest in the first half but in the second half we saw 80 and 62 yards.......

Thin air my ass....... :

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or that they made good second half adjustments

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=51436.msg934495#msg934495 date=1239736297]

LOL.

Thin air my ass....... :

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or maybe, if you were to actually remember the game, rather than just look at stats, you would be reminded that the 80 yard drive contained one big play of 75 yards, after which our "tired" defense almost made a goal line stand.

What did our "tired" defense do after that? Two 3-and-outs in a row, while our offense completely sputtered.

Thin Air.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    What a tool.

=Z=
    [size=1pt]Childress, according to Mars.
    Not you, Doc![/size]
    No I took it back. Tools get the job done.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51436.msg934590#msg934590 date=1239754553]

LOL.

Thin air my jiggly butt....... :

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or maybe, if you were to actually remember the game, rather than just look at stats, you would be reminded that the 80 yard drive contained one big play of 75 yards, after which our "tired" defense almost made a goal line stand.

What did our "tired" defense do after that? Two 3-and-outs in a row, while our offense completely sputtered.

Thin Air.
    [/quote]

Get this man a prize. Our offense had a fumble, a missed fg, and 3 punts in the last 17 mins for a total of 42 yards. I don't see how the defense gets blamed for this.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We have a Veteran team that holds themselves accountable to each other to take care of themselves, and stay in shape year 'round. They also are aware of coach Chlldress's expectations coming into Winter Park. The "Old School" days are over. Players are paid far to much money to bash them in overly intense camps.

The pre-season games are the only way to really get in game shape, aside from some scrimmages..ala KC the last few years. Problem is, no matter how good a shape you're in, untill you play all four quarters, that's when preseason conditioning, and 60 minute's of football marry into game shape.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=51436.msg934609#msg934609 date=1239755681]

LOL.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thin Air.
    [/quote]

Get this man a prize. Our offense had a fumble, a missed fg, and 3 punts in the last 17 mins for a total of 42 yards. I don't see how the defense gets blamed for this.
    [/quote]

If Shank had caught the TD pass, we would have won. That's one way to look at it. Not saying it's the right way.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51436.msg934617#msg934617 date=1239756003]

LOL.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thin Air.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

If Shank had caught the TD pass, we would have won. That's one way to look at it. Not saying it's the right way.
    [/quote]

When did Shank start playing defense? It's still on the offense. 5 series for 42 yards is just over 8 yards a series.
    That is basically 5, 3 and outs!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

LOL.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thin Air.
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    2 td a 2pt conversion and a field goal, I would say the defense had a hand in it.
    Really though I blame the Vikings fans the most, booing longwell on that last field goal attempt cost us the game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast