Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Vikings players appreciated extra time off

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Good to see Childress knows how to pace the physical demands of an NFL season.
    Should pay huge dividends in December and January.
    Or they will drop the first 2 games again cause they aren't ready..

Everyone knows they lost the first 2 games because of Tjack, has nothing to do with the team not being ready.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Everyone knows they lost the first 2 games because of Tjack, has nothing to do with the team not being ready.

well.. first year we had hard workouts... we came out strong, winning 4 of our first 6, then only won 2 out of 10 on the rest of season
    last year we has lighter workouts, we came out flat, but finished strong, making the playoffs.
    How many times have we seen the vikigns come out strong (6-0, 5-1) only to falter at the end of the season?
    too many times.
    I'd rather not push the players too hard during the offseason, and peak at the right point, than start out 4-0 and finish 8-8

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

You know AD is going harder than any practice Chilly would offer.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

well.. first year we had hard workouts... we came out strong, winning 4 of our first 6, then only won 2 out of 10 on the rest of season
    last year we has lighter workouts, we came out flat, but finished strong, making the playoffs.
    How many times have we seen the vikigns come out strong (6-0, 5-1) only to falter at the end of the season?
    too many times.
    I'd rather not push the players too hard during the offseason, and peak at the right point, than start out 4-0 and finish 8-8
    What do you mean by how many?
    Since Tice or really, "How Many"?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Yea right, like one player is gonna loose us a game.
    Sure the offense had its issues but the defense had thiers as well even though you guys won't admit it.

Defense got tired in the Colts game.
    Defense didn't work together in the GB game (No Fricken Sacks).
    Secondary took bad angles on tackles etc etc etc.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Sure the offense had its issues but the defense had thiers as well even though you guys won't admit it.

Your second paragraph makes ridiculous claims.

1. I have rewatched the Colts game and fatigue had nothing to do with that loss.
    2. You, the man who says sacks cannot be used to judge a DE's performance, are now (for the second time) using sacks to claim that the D did not work together in the GB game. This is why I and a couple of others call you a flip-flopper.
    3. Our secondary is a very good tackling bunch. They missed about 3 tackles in those first 3 games which led to big plays. Overall though they were solid.

If you are looking for evidence that the team wasn't ready come week 1, that's fine, but don't make up stuff when you can't find any. The Defense came out of the gates playing well, and in rhythm. Jared Allen, one player, had a slow start, and Tyrell Johnson clearly wasn't ready for a starting role. Otherwise, that D was great.

The Offense was a different story. A lack of rhythm between TJ and Berrian his WRs was evident (some would blame this on preseason injuries) and some also argue that the scheme was not complex enough to make for an effective offense in week 1. So I agree with these claims? Not necessarily, but at least they aren't made up out of thin air.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

1. I have rewatched the Colts game and fatigue had nothing to do with that loss.
    2. You, the man who says sacks cannot be used to judge a DE's performance, are now (for the second time) using sacks to claim that the D did not work together in the GB game. This is why I and a couple of others call you a flip-flopper.
    3. Our secondary is a very good tackling bunch. They missed about 3 tackles in those first 3 games which led to big plays. Overall though they were solid.

If you are looking for evidence that the team wasn't ready come week 1, that's fine, but don't make up stuff when you can't find any. The Defense came out of the gates playing well, and in rhythm. Jared Allen, one player, had a slow start, and Tyrell Johnson clearly wasn't ready for a starting role. Otherwise, that D was great.

The Offense was a different story. A lack of rhythm between TJ and Berrian his WRs was evident (some would blame this on preseason injuries) and some also argue that the scheme was not complex enough to make for an effective offense in week 1. So I agree with these claims? Not necessarily, but at least they aren't made up out of thin air.
    Ahhhh, the "Your a Flip Flopper" defense.
    LOL.

Explain to me why the defense shut the colts down in the first half (0 Points) and then didn't in the second half (18 Points)?

Maybe it had something to do with a 40 yard drive being the longest in the first half but in the second half we saw 80 and 62 yards.......

Thin air my ass....... :

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20080914016&page=drives

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

too many times.
    well, once after Tice... we starter 2-0, went 4-2, then won 2 of our last 10.
    however I'm sure we're all sick of us starting out strong, and then falling a game short of playoffs.
    If they can start out strong and stay strong, then thats the best, but if it were that easy, we'd have done it already.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

too many times.
    More than enough.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=51436.msg934244#msg934244 date=1239658431]

Ahhhh, the "Your a Flip Flopper" defense.
    LOL.

Explain to me why the defense shut the colts down in the first half (0 Points) and then didn't in the second half (18 Points)?

Maybe it had something to do with a 40 yard drive being the longest in the first half but in the second half we saw 80 and 62 yards.......

Thin air my jiggly butt....... :

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20080914016&page=drives

[/quote]

Marr, Your argument is laughable!
    Colts vs. Vikes.

3rd Quarter Drives
    Started

FP

Plays
    Yards
    Result
    14:52
    4:14
    MIN 38

FG

10:34
    2:54
    IND 15

Punt

7:40
    3:31
    IND 46

FG

IND 46 and no TD?????
    4:09
    2:45
    IND 20

TD
    The D gave up a big play to a great Duo
    1:16
    0:38
    MIN 34

Fumble
    Nice!!!!!
    0:38
    0:51
    MIN 28
    FG Miss
    - Thank you defense!!!!

Summary of the 3rd- Defense gave 1 up but stopped a sure TD and forced a punt. I say the defense played solid.

4th Quarter Drives
    14:47
    2:20
    MIN 20
    14 Punt
    - Thanks O
    >
    12:27
    1:57
    IND 20
    Int
    - Thanks D!!!
    ;D
    10:30
    3:21
    IND 47
    FG Miss
    Thanks O
    >
    7:09
    1:15
    IND 38
    TD -

2nd score in 1 half. Not bad vs. colts.
    5:47
    1:36
    MIN 20
    Punt
    - TOP less than 2 mins
    4:11
    2:29
    IND 32
    Punt
    Thanks D!
    1:42
    0:35
    MIN 2
    Punt
    WTF!!!!
    1:07
    1:04
    FG
    Nice one!

After all this how can you blame the Defense. Our last 5 possesions were
    Fum, punt, missed FG, punt, punt. We had 42 total yards in the last 17 mins. 42 yards and you blame the Defense!
    : Lets end this argument please!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast