Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings pick up pre-draft pace

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Uh oh!

Here comes the 'trade for Moss' crowd, right through that gaping wide open door Spielman just opened.
    I think the Vikings would be more likely to trade for Jerry Porter before they'd trade for Moss.

=Z=
    Now I'm not saying I think they'll do either..

But the culture of accountability seems to have taken a back seat.

The Vikes just signed Mike Doss, who was arrested in 2005 for carrying a concealed handgun.

It seems the criteria used last year has gone out the window.
    You slowly begin to realize that Childress constantly says one thing and does another. Not neccesarily a bad thing, but it makes you worry a bit, and it certainly makes all the talk on this board even more pointless.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Uh oh!

Here comes the 'trade for Moss' crowd, right through that gaping wide open door Spielman just opened.
    I think the Vikings would be more likely to trade for Jerry Porter before they'd trade for Moss.

=Z=
    This is why I wanted to do a bit of research so we could have some other options other than Moss and Porter.

Just got to me something out there better than that who is probably actually worth the number 7 pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Uh oh!

=Z=

The Vikes just signed Mike Doss, who was arrested in 2005 for carrying a concealed handgun.

You slowly begin to realize that Childress constantly says one thing and does another. Not neccesarily a bad thing, but it makes you worry a bit, and it certainly makes all the talk on this board even more pointless.
    Simple math: 2007 - 2005 = 2 years.

Doss has a little less than 2 years without any subsequent violations.
    That's a start.
    But he is on a short leash regarding behavior, especially his behavior involving guns.

Where in the Code of Conduct is it written 'One Strike And You're Out'?

'Talk on this board' about getting rid of Culpepper, K.Robinson, M.Robinson, D.Smith (possibly, after the addition of Doss), Smoot, etc. is based on multiple offenses, not one offense.
    Without going into all of the situations wherein a player was released, or traded, or may be released soon, I believe Doss has one incident involvimg miscreant behavior, with no subsequent problems.
    OTOH, for example, Culpepper repeatedly defied and evaded Childress before being traded.
    Talk about Childress getting rid of TO should be focused on the multiple problems and incidents in which he was involved.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Here are a few name I've heard as trade bait or disgruntled since the end of the season.

Anquan Boldin: during the season there was a lot of talk about his attitude many in
    the organization felt he had quit on the team.

Randy Moss
    Jerry Porter
    Steve Smith:
    wasn't happy w/ his contract last year, still no extension.
    No way they can afford him and Julius Peppers next year.

TJ Houshmenzadeh: was a quick blurb a few months back that he could be traded but the rumor disapperared as quiclk as it came.

Darell Jackson: I'm sure we've all heard he could be traded.

I'm sure more name will appear.
    Any of these guys could be our #1

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Uh oh!

=Z=

That's a start.
    But he is on a short leash regarding behavior, especially his behavior involving guns.

'Talk on this board' about getting rid of Culpepper, K.Robinson, M.Robinson, D.Smith (possibly, after the addition of Doss), Smoot, etc. is based on multiple offenses, not one offense.
    Without going into all of the situations wherein a player was released, or traded, or may be released soon, I believe Doss has one incident involvimg miscreant behavior, with no subsequent problems.
    OTOH, for example, Culpepper repeatedly defied and evaded Childress before being traded.
    Talk about Childress getting rid of TO should be focused on the multiple problems and incidents in which he was involved.
    But he was carrying a gun, not just bitching at his coach. Wtf does a football player need a piece for?

He doesn't live in the hood anymore, so is he buying/selling cocaine?

I know the common argument is protection, but there are hundreds of pro athletes that DON'T carry weapons, and they don't get murdered at 7-11.

He just thinks he's a thug. That doesn't seem to fit the mold of T-Rich, Birk, Sharper and some of the other good guys we have on the team.

EDIT:

Talk on this board' about getting rid of Culpepper, K.Robinson, M.Robinson, D.Smith (possibly, after the addition of Doss), Smoot, etc. is based on multiple offenses, not one offense
    What were his multiple offenses that were worse than carrying a deadly weapon?
    -Sno

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kyleo1967" wrote:
    Here are a few name I've heard as trade bait or disgruntled since the end of the season.

Anquan Boldin: during the season there was a lot of talk about his attitude many in
    the organization felt he had quit on the team.

Randy Moss
    Jerry Porter
    Steve Smith:
    wasn't happy w/ his contract last year, still no extension.
    No way they can afford him and Julius Peppers next year.

TJ Houshmenzadeh: was a quick blurb a few months back that he could be traded but the rumor disapperared as quiclk as it came.

Darell Jackson: I'm sure we've all heard he could be traded.

I'm sure more name will appear.
    Any of these guys could be our #1
    Thanks.
    Its a start.

I have been hitting all the teams websites.
    Gonna be along project so I will probably loose interest or something here at work will come up.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/free_agents.php

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/CAR

http://www.nfl.com/teams/transactions/CIN
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Purplexing link=topic=33086.msg561021#msg561021 date=1175865927]
    Uh oh!

=Z=

That's a start.

But he was carrying a gun, not just bitching at his coach. Wtf does a football player need a piece for?

He doesn't live in the hood anymore, so is he buying/selling cocaine?

I know the common argument is protection, but there are hundreds of pro athletes that DON'T carry weapons, and they don't get murdered at 7-11.

He just thinks he's a thug. That doesn't seem to fit the mold of T-Rich, Birk, Sharper and some of the other good guys we have on the team.

EDIT:

Talk on this board' about getting rid of Culpepper, K.Robinson, M.Robinson, D.Smith (possibly, after the addition of Doss), Smoot, etc. is based on multiple offenses, not one offense
    What were his multiple offenses that were worse than carrying a deadly weapon?
    [/quote]

Carrying a gun is legal in many states.

Concealing or carrying a gun without a specific permit is not legal.
    Discharging it as he did is usually illegal, but it depends on the circumstances.

Culpepper shot off his mouth far too many times to be harmless regarding team harmony.
    He took dead aim at Childress, at team harmony, and attempted 'armed robbery of the salary cap money'.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Purplexing" wrote:

Culpepper shot off his mouth far too many times to be harmless regarding team harmony.

So did Moss.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Purplexing. Do you honestly have any idea what the code of conduct says?

If not, you are just talking based on what you think the code of conduct says. Which means you are basing your opinions on opinions, which by your definition, is unsubstantiated.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Purplexing. Do you honestly have any idea what the code of conduct says?

If not, you are just talking based on what you think the code of conduct says. Which means you are basing your opinions on opinions, which by your definition, is unsubstantiated.
    'any idea' ?

'any' ?

Yup, I have an idea, which satisfies the 'any' criteria.

To be as concise as I can be, one possibility; i.e. an idea, is... the Austin Powers' creed: "Oh, behave!"
    That may not be the exact wording in the Code of Conduct, but you can't eliminate it as a possibility if you haven't read it.

BTW, I disagree with your extremely weak premise that I need to know exactly what the CoC says to make comments on player behavior standards.
    That is because Wilf and Childress made several pronouncements that it was stricter than the general NFL players Conduct Standards.
    And, common sense applies, as do local and federal laws regarding gun licensing, lewd conduct statutes involving boating activities on a lake, scalping tickets, etc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast