Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings only team in NFL with 3 picks in top 51

Nope, its actually the 51st overall this year, they were under the assumption it was next year for a bit but I guess not.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Well, we traded Brad Johnson for Daunte and now we've got Johnson back and a 2nd round pick for Daunte.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

17. Minnesota Vikings – Donte Whitner, SS, Ohio State. The departure of Corey Chavous leaves a hole at safety, and Whitner was superb at the combine and his pro day. His numbers in Indianapolis were almost identical to Texas standout Michael Huff, and some think Whitner could even be a starting cornerback. He can hit in run support and has tremendous range.

What do you guys think about this guy?

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Booo!!!! I want Michael Huff or Ernie Sims at 17, we must go defense!!!! Hell Ahmad Brooks might not be a bad choice either....for our two second rounders if we don't pick up Huff we can draft Greg Blue (Roy-Williams but faster) and Brodie Coyle or Whitehurst...whichever is available.

If we really want to we can draft DeAngelo, package our two 2nds and Memo for a 1st??/ *shrug* just thinking of random senerios now...

Anyways my first choice is Huff because he has superb range and can definetly hit...reminds me alot of a more aggressive Ed Reed.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"Foranzan" wrote:
    KFFL
    Vikings | Fast fact
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 - Um...like, about two seconds ago

We still haven't won a Super Bowl....ever. Damnit to hell!
    And without a Superbowl, having 3 picks means doodlely squat!! Just means longer to train those 3 picks!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Having 3 picks in the first 2 rounds gives us more ammo to trade up.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    Booo!!!! I want Michael Huff or Ernie Sims at 17, we must go defense!!!! Hell Ahmad Brooks might not be a bad choice either....for our two second rounders if we don't pick up Huff we can draft Greg Blue (Roy-Williams but faster) and Brodie Coyle or Whitehurst...whichever is available.

If we really want to we can draft DeAngelo, package our two 2nds and Memo for a 1st??/ *shrug* just thinking of random senerios now...

Anyways my first choice is Huff because he has superb range and can definetly hit...reminds me alot of a more aggressive Ed Reed.

Will Huff, and Sims be available at 17? If so, I'm game

Don't forget that if someone talks Burleson away we get another third round pick as well. That would be pretty sweet. Five picks in the first three rounds. I know that A LOT of people would be sad to see him go but I think we have a pretty crowded stable of recievers right now with plenty of talent. I think he's a great guy but given our depth at that position I would gladly take another draft pick.

(I know someone is going to flame me for this)

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

revprodeji is offline Starter

couple thoughts, I know there are millions of "who should we draft threads" but here are some concepts...

Huff wont make it past the niners, or the fins. i wish he would. the kid is the best SS, FS, Cb in this draft. he is kind of skinny-but otherwise flawless.

Whitner is ok, but I think Bing will be more of a playmaker at SS, which is what we need. I think Whitner has potential, but he is in the same class as davis. Good chance at being a starter, but I dont see stud potential. Huff is a stud, and I think bing could be the big hitter that we need.

Sims is this years "woah potential" but i dont think he would be a good cover-2 backer like we need. I feel he could be a good blitz backer, but not what we need.

After the big 3 QB's we have crap. just to be honest. But, as shown in a thread yesterday, I feel we have a legit chance at getting Cutler or one of the other big 3 with a fall towards 17. That is unless the cowboys move up.

I think we are going to pray for huff or cutler to drop, but they probably wont and we will probably take D'qwell jackson, and than Bing and BPA(fatty from USC) with the 2 second rd picks.

ok, thats where Im comin from
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12