VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Off-Season Wish list

Of course as soon as the cap starts creating casualties this list could change.

Here is the Free Agents who i think should be on our wish list (in no particular order):

Nate Clements - We need someone to replace Smoot and we need help improving a not so decent pass defense. I know a lot of people are high on Cedric Griffin but I don't think he is anything but a good Nickelback right now. With Winfield and Clements will have the CB tandem that some people envisioned we would when we signed Smoot.

Drew Bennett - we only have 2 WRs under contract for next season (Williamson and McMullen)
    a veteran presence who has good hands and can get open will be an asset for TJ.

3a. Sean Locklear -
    He is a Restricted Free Agent but could be a real anchor at right tackle and he was team mates with Steve Hutchinson.
    We would have to steal him away from Seattle but as long the Seahawks don't give him a first round tender or higher he would be worth the 3rd rounder, I think.
    He isn't worth a first rounder, obviously, so if they do give him that tender...

3b.
    Leonard Davis - It is going to be hard to get him away from Arizona but I think it will happen.
    My guess is that he wants to leave that porous franchise and with a new HC coming in this would be the time.
    He can play RT pretty well and then we can use Ryan Cook or Marcus Johnson at Guard where I think would be a better position for either one.

4. Ken Hamlin - I think Darren Sharper is somewhere else next year.
    I hope we trade him and not just release him.
    I originally though Greg Blue would take his spot but I'm not so sure now.
    If Hamlin hits the open market I say we shell out to get him.

5. Josh Brown -
    I said earlier that I think we need a kicker with a stronger leg and one that can be more reliable.
    Brown has a big leg and can be clutch.

6. Anthony Wright - If Brad Johnson leaves, then we need a veteran guy to help tutor T-Jack.
    Wright has his kind of style and can join in a 3-way fight for a starting job and when he doesn't get it can be a good mentor.

When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Re: Vikings Off-Season Wish list

Here's mine:
    (somewhat realistically possible)

1. Nate Clements CB
    2. Draft Calvin Johnson WR
    3. Ken Hamlin S
    4. Draft HB Blades, LB
    5. Draft Manuel Ramirez, G, Texas Tech
    6. Draft Louis Holmes, DE, Arizona

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:

Here is the Free Agents who i think should be on our wish list (in no particular order):

Nate Clements - We need someone to replace Smoot and we need help improving a not so decent pass defense. I know a lot of people are high on Cedric Griffin but I don't think he is anything but a good Nickelback right now. With Winfield and Clements will have the CB tandem that some people envisioned we would when we signed Smoot.

Drew Bennett - we only have 2 WRs under contract for next season (Williamson and McMullen)

3a. Sean Locklear -
    He is a Restricted Free Agent but could be a real anchor at right tackle and he was team mates with Steve Hutchinson.
    We would have to steal him away from Seattle but as long the Seahawks don't give him a first round tender or higher he would be worth the 3rd rounder, I think.
    He isn't worth a first rounder, obviously, so if they do give him that tender...

3b.
    Leonard Davis - It is going to be hard to get him away from Arizona but I think it will happen.
    My guess is that he wants to leave that porous franchise and with a new HC coming in this would be the time.
    He can play RT pretty well and then we can use Ryan Cook or Marcus Johnson at Guard where I think would be a better position for either one.

5. Josh Brown -
    I said earlier that I think we need a kicker with a stronger leg and one that can be more reliable.

6. Anthony Wright - If Brad Johnson leaves, then we need a veteran guy to help tutor T-Jack.
    Wright has his kind of style and can join in a 3-way fight for a starting job and when he doesn't get it can be a good mentor.

If the Vikes could get Leonard Davis from Arizona you play him at left tackle and move McKinnie to right tackle and have Cook play right guard, but to get Davis is going to take bigger contracts than both Hutchinson and McKinnie got.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

1) Randy Moss
    2) Byron Leftwich
    3)Calvin Johnson
    4) Dwight Freeney
    5) Tony Gonzalaz

I know the odds of this happening are zero and they would bankrupt the vikes if they all came but hey its a wish list. It would be real nice to get a couple of these people for real though.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

The top of my wish list is that no one else on this site posts another Randy Moss thread!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"VikemanX84" wrote:

3a. Sean Locklear -

3b.

5. Josh Brown -

Excellent write up and no mention of Moss.
    Bonus points for you!

Drew Bennett?
    I think his lack of stardom may be a function of where he was at.
    Bring him on.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cyviking" wrote:
    1) Randy Moss
    2) Byron Leftwich
    3)Calvin Johnson
    4) Dwight Freeney
    5) Tony Gonzalaz

I know the odds of this happening are zero and they would bankrupt the vikes if they all came but hey its a wish list. It would be real nice to get a couple of these people for real though.
    Would love to see 3 and 5 with Bennett, Huard, and I am starting to get convinced that Freeney just had a off year.
    Throw in Mora as OC and we will be set with a good draft (WR, DE, S/CB, QB).
    Think Drew Stanton or Tyler Palko could be picked up with a 3rd or 4th pick.

The bank is deep, $32 Mil under that cap is what I heard.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg