Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Not Interested in Plaxico Burress

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098758
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098671
    And no excuses about poor QB'ing are allowed...I've heard a certain someone claim that Rice/Harvin can "carry a QB" too many times.
    And that same yutz hear from a bunch of chuckleheads over and over and over how a certain lame dick QB could carry recievers and make OL's look better and what happened last year?

My guess, the yutz who has Rice and Harvin carrying lame dick is pretty close to being accurate. Mostly cause that guy also chanted that our WR corps is a unit. If one of the pieces isn't there it don't work. If both of the key pieces are gone it really really won't work.

As to Plex. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the team. He has the same thing Jackson and Rice have.....A huge wing span and the body control to use that wing span to catch anything that gets close.

Plex did it for manning just like Rice did it for the Noodle.

For me, we need the following:

a. Jackson/Plex or Rice (in that order)
    b. Harvin with any one of the three above
    c. A QB who isn't afraid to throw it who can get it close.

I think we have item c in young Ponder. Percy says he is now healthy. We just need to get the big possesion guy.

The wildcard in all of this that most of you seem to not want to discuss is Arceneaux. Maybe he can be our item a......:huh:
    I love how when your claim about receivers gets derailed, you get to pass it off as injury related...yet Favre was hurt most of 2010, and he still eats it.

So, no, I don't believe for a second that the "yutz who has Rice and Harvin carrying lame dick is pretty close to being accurate" because they clearly DIDN'T. Both were present when Jackson melted down. And no one thinks they carried Webb very far either.

Bottom line, Rice hasn't replicated - and was no where near the pace to do so - his stats from '09. Until he does so with another QB, you have no leg to stand on that Rice made Favre.

Caine

SpaceMTN69 is offline Waterboy

MaxVike and Singrsp.

Those are the two fans who posted a negative response towards the idea of Plaxico Burress. Which is exactly what my post was directed at when I said fans. I guess I couldve conveyed that better, but I was unaware of the one guy on message boards who takes everything literally. A piece of advice: relax sport.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "SpaceMTN69" #1099910
    MaxVike and Singrsp.

Those are the two fans who posted a negative response towards the idea of Plaxico Burress. Which is exactly what my post was directed at when I said fans. I guess I couldve conveyed that better, but I was unaware of the one guy on message boards who takes everything literally. A piece of advice: relax sport.
    We have some pretty good posters on here my friend. A few of us have developed a "Dynamic" over times that can be kindof taken in the wrong manner at first.

Long story short, I'm sure that you will soon come to discover that this is a pretty "Relaxed" site.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1099908
    And no excuses about poor QB'ing are allowed...I've heard a certain someone claim that Rice/Harvin can "carry a QB" too many times.
    And that same yutz hear from a bunch of chuckleheads over and over and over how a certain lame dick QB could carry recievers and make OL's look better and what happened last year?

My guess, the yutz who has Rice and Harvin carrying lame dick is pretty close to being accurate. Mostly cause that guy also chanted that our WR corps is a unit. If one of the pieces isn't there it don't work. If both of the key pieces are gone it really really won't work.

As to Plex. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the team. He has the same thing Jackson and Rice have.....A huge wing span and the body control to use that wing span to catch anything that gets close.

I think we have item c in young Ponder. Percy says he is now healthy. We just need to get the big possesion guy.

The wildcard in all of this that most of you seem to not want to discuss is Arceneaux. Maybe he can be our item a......:huh:
    I love how when your claim about receivers gets derailed, you get to pass it off as injury related...yet Favre was hurt most of 2010, and he still eats it.

So, no, I don't believe for a second that the "yutz who has Rice and Harvin carrying lame dick is pretty close to being accurate" because they clearly DIDN'T. Both were present when Jackson melted down. And no one thinks they carried Webb very far either.

Bottom line, Rice hasn't replicated - and was no where near the pace to do so - his stats from '09. Until he does so with another QB, you have no leg to stand on that Rice made Favre.

Caine
    Not sure what I can do to make you understand my stance on the Noodle. Can't you just give me this one little "flaw"? :evil:

Besides, if the Noodle made Rice and Harvin, as you contend, why didn't he "Make" the recievers in 2010? Cause he was hurt? OK, I can buy that, however, then I must ask WHY THE HELL WAS HE PLAYING?

Assumption on my part is because he had an agenda and that agenda was about him and his stats and had nothing to do with the team.:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099915

Caine
    Not sure what I can do to make you understand my stance on the Noodle. Can't you just give me this one little "flaw"? :evil:

Besides, if the Noodle made Rice and Harvin, as you contend, why didn't he "Make" the recievers in 2010? Cause he was hurt? OK, I can buy that, however, then I must ask WHY THE HELL WAS HE PLAYING?

Assumption on my part is because he had an agenda and that agenda was about him and his stats and had nothing to do with the team.:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    To be fair I want to remind you that prior to last season I went on the record as saying he should stay home and the team should move on without him. That being said, correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember Brett being content to stay home and he only came back to the team after the coach secretly sent 3 vets on a private plane curing camp when they should have been practicing without even informing their coordinators that they were leaving with a mission of not coming back until Brett was on the plane.

I imagine you have theories you have dreamed up while sitting in the oxygen depleted environment of the comm closet that place all of the blame for that event on Brett as a way to draw attention to himself but that would be absolutely unsupported drivel so I will ask you in advance to refrain from that tactic unless your only motive is to try and increase the post count on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099922

Caine

To be fair I want to remind you that prior to last season I went on the record as saying he should stay home and the team should move on without him. That being said, correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember Brett being content to stay home and he only came back to the team after the coach secretly sent 3 vets on a private plane curing camp when they should have been practicing without even informing their coordinators that they were leaving with a mission of not coming back until Brett was on the plane.

I imagine you have theories you have dreamed up while sitting in the oxygen depleted environment of the comm closet that place all of the blame for that event on Brett as a way to draw attention to himself but that would be absolutely unsupported drivel so I will ask you in advance to refrain from that tactic unless your only motive is to try and increase the post count on the forum.
    Two things.....

1. It wasn't just he HC who sent the 3 players down there my friend.

2. The Noodle only said yes, after the owner raised his salary by $4 Mil.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099925

Caine

Two things.....

Humor me- Who made the final call to pull the trigger? Provide documentation

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099927
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099925

Caine

Two things.....

In order:

1: I can give you "one little flaw"...what shall I do about the 37 others?

2: I know your stance on Favre...bland hate. No need to explain it.

3: Favre didn't "make the receivers" in 2010 because EVERYONE was hurt. Favre was, Rice was, Harvin was, the O-line was, Chiller's pride was, etc...

4: Favre as playing because - as we clearly saw - a hurt Favre was still better than a healthy Jackson.

5: I was with PF at the start of '10, I said Favre should stay home as well. And I said he was a douche for skipping TC. Not sure why Marr keeps trying to color me as a blind Favre loyalist...

6: Chiller wanted Favre. It's VERY well documented. There is ZERO evidence that Zygi pushed anyone anywhere where Favre was concerned.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1099933
    In order:

1: I can give you "one little flaw"...what shall I do about the 37 others?
    Struggle with them as I do....

: I know your stance on Favre...bland hate. No need to explain it.
    Hate is such an ugly word. I think the word I've agreed to use is "Dispise".

Seriously, I reserve the right to hate for things other than players who play the game I love regardless of what team they used to play for.

3: Favre didn't "make the receivers" in 2010 because EVERYONE was hurt. Favre was, Rice was, Harvin was, the O-line was, Chiller's pride was, etc...
    I can live with that.

4: Favre as playing because - as we clearly saw - a hurt Favre was still better than a healthy Jackson.
    Wait, I thought the Chiller had blind faith in TJ.

5: I was with PF at the start of '10, I said Favre should stay home as well. And I said he was a douche for skipping TC. Not sure why Marr keeps trying to color me as a blind Favre loyalist...
    I'm not sure either, but I have fun doing it. :P

6: Chiller wanted Favre. It's VERY well documented. There is ZERO evidence that Zygi pushed anyone anywhere where Favre was concerned.

Caine
    Again, blows the whole "Blind Allegiance" to TJ thing out of the water.

On a side note, so you don't think the increase of $4 mil had anything to do with documentation that the owner concurred?

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099927
    You know I can't provide anything of the sort. I, will, offer that a decision of this magnitude isn't done by one man.

Owner - Had to atleast concur with the extra money paid. Assumption is he had to go out to the rest of the ownership group on it as well as history has shown us that he has done that for moves like this in the past.

Byzcheapski - He would have been consulted on the ramifications of the new deal for the Noodle.

PR - I think this is the driving force. The owner was concerned over ticket sales. Lots of articles out there. Who was going to sell more tickets, TJ or the Noodle?

Spielman - My guess is he might have been against it. He did bring in Sage for a reason. Logic would dictate that he would atleast want to vindicate that move instead of letting the HC sway big personnel decisions like this instead of the "GM Like Person".

The team. - Obviously it was discussed with them at some point.

Documentation? Nope. Common sense based on how a actual NFL organization works tweaked a bit to fit the Triadthingamajib, Yes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast