Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings Not Interested in Plaxico Burress

Kindof links with the topic......

think itís important to first make it clear that retaining Rice is the optimal outcome, whether itís via a 1-year restricted free agency tender or a long-term contract extension. Itís fair to question whether Rice will be a franchise-caliber WR, largely because of some injury problems heís experienced. Ultimately, though, you have to look at the career year he had in 2009 (83 receptions, 1,312 yards, 8 TDs, Pro Bowl) and how the offense struggled in 2010 while he was sidelined with an injury. In addition, Iíd point out that Rice has the skill set (wide catch radius, above average size and body control) that will provide a reliable target for a young, inexperienced QB (Christian Ponder/Joe Webb) to succeed.
    Monday Morning Mailbag Extra: A Look At The WR Position

I would rather have Jackson than Rice and call it about a tie when it comes to Rice and Plex. Regardless we need a big cat with a wide wingspan and the body control to catch the balls that aren't necessarily on target, such as those 3 seem to be able to do.

Having said that, I think that leaves Chad out (he drops to many) as well as Smith (Percy fits that bill).

On a side note, I still have this little bird whispering 6'2" - Emmanuel Arceneaux in my ear. Anyone watch the tapes on some of the "Rice Like" catches that kid made up there in canada?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Jackson just seems more 'solid' than Rice, but I think he's reached his ceiling. I think Rice has more to learn and improve, but the big issue is can he?

Both need a good QB who can get them the ball, if Jackson has that, he's a beast. If Rice has that, well, we saw what happened in 09.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098949
    Jackson just seems more 'solid' than Rice, but I think he's reached his ceiling. I think Rice has more to learn and improve, but the big issue is can he?

Both need a good QB who can get them the ball, if Jackson has that, he's a beast. If Rice has that, well, we saw what happened in 09.
    +1

SpaceMTN69 is offline Waterboy

Why in the world wouldnt you welcome Plaxico to Minnesota?! Especially if Rice walks. Apparently Vikings fan are satisfied with having (1) WR with talent in Harvin. Lord knows Berrian is absolute trash. He got lost somewhere in the Frerotte days. Greg Lewis? Greg Camarillo? Arceneaux? Give me a break people. I'll take Plaxico Burress for a reasonable price and not think twice about it. That would be a great way to welcome the future at the QB position: Surround him with guys who belong in the UFL. SMH...
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "SpaceMTN69" #1099803
    Why in the world wouldnt you welcome Plaxico to Minnesota?! Especially if Rice walks. Apparently Vikings fan are satisfied with having (1) WR with talent in Harvin. Lord knows Berrian is absolute trash. He got lost somewhere in the Frerotte days. Greg Lewis? Greg Camarillo? Arceneaux? Give me a break people. I'll take Plaxico Burress for a reasonable price and not think twice about it. That would be a great way to welcome the future at the QB position: Surround him with guys who belong in the UFL. SMH...
    Correct me if I'm wrong my friend, however, the fans have nothing to do with the signing of players.

Only instance I've ever seen (and it was speculation on my part) was the organization bringing the Noodle back last year. I contend that it happened that way cause the owner was worried about fans and ticket sales if the staff went with TJ.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099804
    Correct me if I'm wrong my friend, however, the fans have nothing to do with the signing of players.

Only instance I've ever seen (and it was speculation on my part) was the organization bringing the Noodle back last year. I contend that it happened that way cause the owner was worried about fans and ticket sales if the staff went with TJ.
    /facepalm

nobody is saying that fans sign players.

he's saying the fans here don't see an issue with potentially only having Harvin on the roster. a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099809

/facepalm

he's saying the fans here don't see an issue with potentially only having Harvin on the roster. a bit different.
    Your take on it.

Mine is a bit different mostly cause he goes down the road of "Price".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099831

/facepalm

Your take on it.

Because he's talkign about what he would want to see the team do, all things considered.

Only the truly idiotic will believe the coaches/staff actually listen to the fans regarding personnel changes. It's simply a "discussion" (as you like to put it) about what he would do if in the shoes of a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099834
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099831

/facepalm

Your take on it.

Because he's talkign about what he would want to see the team do, all things considered.
    And yet he still brought the fans into the discussion, then threw in price.

Again, your spin on his comments. When he answers my "Correct me if I'm wrong", I am sure we will know.

Only the truly idiotic will believe the coaches/staff actually listen to the fans regarding personnel changes. It's simply a "discussion" (as you like to put it) about what he would do if in the shoes of a GM.
    Carefull, there are a few on here who do my friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099838

Carefull, there are a few on here who do my friend.
    I stand by what I said, and I refer you to:
    http://purplepride.org/forum/5-the-clubhouse/412716-everyone-is-an-idiot

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast