Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 203
  1. #1
    zakvikes2k's Avatar
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    153

    Vikings next WR target...

    Here is how I look at it. The Vikings knew another quality WR would spread the field to help Berrian get deep and help keep 8 people out of the box. No knocking on Wade, but he is not the solution to those problems, and Rice has atleast another year or two to fully develop. I still hope the Vikings pursue a WR, a solid one, and every Viking fan should. We have the cap room, and I really believe it would take our team to the next level, even with Sage Rosenfels at the helm. He can actually throw the ball you know?
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

  2. #2
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    "zakvikes2k" wrote:
    Here is how I look at it. The Vikings knew another quality WR would spread the field to help Berrian get deep and help keep 8 people out of the box. No knocking on Wade, but he is not the solution to those problems, and Rice has atleast another year or two to fully develop. I still hope the Vikings pursue a WR, a solid one, and every Viking fan should. We have the cap room, and I really believe it would take our team to the next level, even with Sage Rosenfels at the helm. He can actually throw the ball you know?
    yeah to the other team!!...

  3. #3
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    Holt still has some yeas on those tires. Only 10 years in the league.

  4. #4
    zakvikes2k's Avatar
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    153

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    The Rams have stated Holt is available for a trade. A 3rd or 4th round pick definitely seems worth it for him.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    I was interested in a couple of guys:

    a.
    Miles Austin.
    Problem is he will/would cost us a second round pick.

    b. Laverneus Coles. Is intersting prospect.

    My guess is they will sign someone on this list that we aren't even thinking about....

    http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2009WR.php
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I was interested in a couple of guys:

    a.
    Miles Austin.
    Problem is he will/would cost us a second round pick.

    b. Laverneus Coles. Is intersting prospect.

    My guess is they will sign someone on this list that we aren't even thinking about....

    http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2009WR.php
    I'd like to see Ronald Curry or Devry Henderson on that list... problem with both is they are hurt about as much as they are healthy... I think Curry would be a better option however... what about Amani Toomer?.. he's old but still a good possession receiver...

  7. #7
    zakvikes2k's Avatar
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    153

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    Thanks for bringing up Coles, Curry, and Austin. I'd say the eight on the list are the only reasonable WR's we should sign. Curry is a headache though and Coles is up there in terms of complainers.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

  8. #8
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    "zakvikes2k" wrote:
    Thanks for bringing up Coles, Curry, and Austin. I'd say the eight on the list are the only reasonable WR's we should sign. Curry is a headache though and Coles is up there in terms of complainers.
    yeah, coles does bitch alot.. but he's better than anything we have on the roster at this point besides BB.... Curry a headache??.. not sure about that.. he's just always hurt.... i'd also add DJ Hackett to that list if he can stay healthy which he hasnt' to this point!

  9. #9
    zakvikes2k's Avatar
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    153

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    Coles wouldn't be a terrible signing. I don't disagree. Curry and Hackett just too injury prone. Here goes out to Spielman to go out and see what he can do for Holt. I could care less about this year's draft. Jared Allen is better than anything we would have 4 years from now, and Holt would be better than anyone we drafted in the 3rd or 4th round for 3 years. I wish I was the GM sometimes. With the help from you all.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

  10. #10
    GALLY is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    277

    Re: Vikings next WR target...

    What about a guy like Lance Moore?
    I
    haven't seen his name mentioned.
    He seemed to make a vast improvement this year when given the playing time.
    He is in that 3-4 yr in the league group and probably wouldn't cost too much.....

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Three Players The Vikings Should Target in FA
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 02:19 AM
  2. Vikings could target DE, TE & perhaps a QB early in draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 03:59 PM
  3. Vikings target own free agents
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 06:26 AM
  4. Draft Target!!
    By VikesfaninWis in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 07:35 AM
  5. Next target.....Ian Gold
    By Bulldog67 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 10:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •