Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Needs Maybe Not So Defined

The defensive line is deep and talented.
    Yup. No need to draft high here.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=15pt]Assessing the Vikings Needs Entering the Draft[/size]

http://www.vikingsgab.com/2009/04/07...ing-the-draft/
    He usually draws the opponents best receiver but is at his best in the slot in the nickel.
    Nickel back: ? One of the biggest holes the team has here is the third corner. Who will emerge out of the Karl Paymah, Bennie Saap, and Marcus McCauley trio ? McCauley was a beast in college, but has been a disappointment as a pro.

Saap is usually solid, but has a propensity for shooting himself in the foot with stupid penalties and occasional mental breakdowns. Paymah ? The team signed him for his special teams play and return ability. If he emerges as a coverage corner, that would be an unexpected bonus.
    I have been trying to drill this in peoples heads fro a while now. I keep hearing that Winfield is best in the slot. I really think we need to draft a CB in the 1st.
    I don't think there are to many on here who would say you are wrong.
    The ones that do are just yutz CSA'rs....

By the way, if a deal can't get done before the draft, you might see your coveted CB taken at 22 even with the plethora of talent we currently have on the roster.... ;D
    There were a bunch that said I was wrong when I first said it.
    ;D

I already have his jersey on order.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He usually draws the opponents best receiver but is at his best in the slot in the nickel.
    Nickel back: ? One of the biggest holes the team has here is the third corner. Who will emerge out of the Karl Paymah, Bennie Saap, and Marcus McCauley trio ? McCauley was a beast in college, but has been a disappointment as a pro.

Saap is usually solid, but has a propensity for shooting himself in the foot with stupid penalties and occasional mental breakdowns. Paymah ? The team signed him for his special teams play and return ability. If he emerges as a coverage corner, that would be an unexpected bonus.
    I have been trying to drill this in peoples heads fro a while now. I keep hearing that Winfield is best in the slot. I really think we need to draft a CB in the 1st.
    I don't think there are to many on here who would say you are wrong.
    The ones that do are just yutz CSA'rs....

By the way, if a deal can't get done before the draft, you might see your coveted CB taken at 22 even with the plethora of talent we currently have on the roster.... ;D
    There were a bunch that said I was wrong when I first said it.
    ;D

I already have his jersey on order.
    Still struggling with OT, WR, or CB cause the guy the want to pick (DT) won't be there..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

No love for Chuck Gordon?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    That was a major injury. No telling how he will return.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    Love Chuck to death, however, I will not be suprised if he doesn't come back and continue to progress the way he was.

When a leg sticks out at a funny angle, one would think that is a career ending injury (ala Joe).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    Love Chuck to death, however, I will not be suprised if he doesn't come back and continue to progress the way he was.

When a leg sticks out at a funny angle, one would think that is a career ending injury (ala Joe).
    Not neccesarily. Worse to blow out a joint than to suffer a fracture that doesn't invlove the joint.
    Either way, I like Gordon as well, but he is a little slow. He is smart and makes the most out of his skills.
    I'm pulling for him, but I think an upgrade at nickel would help this team. There is still a place for Gordon on this team even if they do draft a corner.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51348.msg932598#msg932598 date=1239197281]

=Z=

Not neccesarily. Worse to blow out a joint than to suffer a fracture that doesn't invlove the joint.
    Either way, I like Gordon as well, but he is a little slow. He is smart and makes the most out of his skills.
    I'm pulling for him, but I think an upgrade at nickel would help this team. There is still a place for Gordon on this team even if they do draft a corner.
    [/quote]

Oh for sure. Especially when teams love to pass on us. Teams like AZ like to use the 4 WR set.

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

=Z=

[/quote]
    Thanks Doc for the clarification.

Some good ones in this draft (all with minor issues) with alot of value in the areas we pick at.
    Lets hope, if they burn a pick, they get the right one.
    ;D

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51348.msg932605#msg932605 date=1239198490]

=Z=

[/quote]

Oh for sure. Especially when teams love to pass on us. Teams like AZ like to use the 4 WR set.
    [/quote]

Exactly. And we need to counter the Cutler trade with improved pass coverage as well. A great QB can pick on one weak CB. Used to happen to Griffin. And is the reason McCauley doesn't play much anymore.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast