Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings Needs Maybe Not So Defined

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Needs Maybe Not So Defined

Nice read Marrdro, I like the roster we have, as it does give us the flexability to choose the BPA in the first round will still adding talent to some area's. In any order these positions will be addressed, WR, OT, CB. The best player on our board for these positions at pick 22 will be a excellent pick.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Nice read Marrdro, I like the roster we have, as it does give us the flexability to choose the BPA in the first round will still adding talent to some area's. In any order these positions will be addressed, WR, OT, CB. The best player on our board for these positions at pick 22 will be a excellent pick.
    I was thinking that yesterday when I was putting the final touches on my roster analysis in preps for the mock.

So many ways they can go and none of them will be bad IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

I was thinking that yesterday when I was putting the final touches on my roster analysis in preps for the mock.

I tend to agree with both of you - I think we sit in a good spot right now.

Do we have needs - hell yes we do.
    Do we have pressing needs - a few; but do we have a gaping hole in our roster? No.
    We have the luxury of choosing value based on the positions of need (QB/OT/WR) - largely in part thanks to a great pick of BPA with STJ last year...which I questioned on draft day but quickly learned to like the pick.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Do we have pressing needs - a few; but do we have a gaping hole in our roster? No.
    We have the luxury of choosing value based on the positions of need (QB/OT/WR) - largely in part thanks to a great pick of BPA with STJ last year...which I questioned on draft day but quickly learned to like the pick.
    Excellent post my friend.

I kindof believe our roster is about what it will be for quite some time under this current regime.
    Always gonna have talent and a couple of issues to address but isn't that were most team are at?
    I know the Steelers wished they had a better OL going into last year than what they did.

The good thing about that is, I have have followed this team my whole life, and it has been a long time since I have been able to say that.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

We tried to get Cutler and Housh. but failed.
    That tells me there is a desire to upgrade those two positions.

I feel like they are still looking for another QB. Could there be another trade on draft day?
    I don't expect them to draft a QB until next year.

WR takes a couple years to develop. Just as well pick one up now that can return kicks/punts and start the development.

I like the value approach and picking the best player on your board.

Vikings should have the luxury of BPA this year for the most part.

One thing I'm hoping for, is a deal to pick up some extra picks for next year.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    We tried to get Cutler and Housh. but failed.
    That tells me there is a desire to upgrade those two positions.

I feel like they are still looking for another QB. Could there be another trade on draft day?
    I don't expect them to draft a QB until next year.

WR takes a couple years to develop. Just as well pick one up now that can return kicks/punts and start the development.

I like the value approach and picking the best player on your board.

Vikings should have the luxury of BPA this year for the most part.

One thing I'm hoping for, is a deal to pick up some extra picks for next year.
    If ole Ricky boy has proved one thing since coming here, he knows how to work the board.
    He might do something that does get us a bit of a return next year.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Excellent post my friend.

I kindof believe our roster is about what it will be for quite some time under this current regime.
    Always gonna have talent and a couple of issues to address but isn't that were most team are at?
    I know the Steelers wished they had a better OL going into last year than what they did.

The good thing about that is, I have have followed this team my whole life, and it has been a long time since I have been able to say that.
    Thanks - and the same to you.
    We always have areas we would like to upgrade, it is just a matter of finding ways to gel and playing to potential (which is something we have struggled with).

We'll be fine this year.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

a total of seven corners currently on the roster
    This guy needs to do a little bit more research. We have eight. He forgot Derrick Roberson.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    a total of seven corners currently on the roster
    This guy needs to do a little bit more research. We have eight. He forgot Derrick Roberson.
    What an oversight.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast