Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings need to draft new ‘face’ for ailing franchise

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

[img width=300 height=225]http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2006/01/06_williamsb_childress/images/childress_large.jpg[/img]

Just by staring at the mug I'm starting to miss Meathead a little.
    Not for his coaching skills, but just the type of guy he was.
    I'm sure the Chiller will work out fine, but you had to like Meathead's personality.
    Problem solved!

[img width=294 height=270]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Childress_508.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

[img width=300 height=225]http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2006/01/06_williamsb_childress/images/childress_large.jpg[/img]

I'm sure the Chiller will work out fine, but you had to like Meathead's personality.
    Problem solved!

[img width=294 height=270]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Childress_508.jpg[/img]
    Your killing me Singer.
    Gonna have pencil nightmares now.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Here's the face of the franchise.
    Get used to it.

perplex, this is probably the face of the shrine you have in your bedroom for men who resemble the gentlemen of the village people.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Here's the face of the franchise.
    Get used to it.

perplex, this is probably the face of the shrine you have in your bedroom for men who resemble the gentlemen of the village people.

Put a monocle on him and he would look just like Col Klink.
    And he reminds me more of him every day.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/klemperer.jpg[/img]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Problem solved!

Your killing me Singer.
    Gonna have pencil nightmares now.

;D
    All he needs is a sweater vest and a pound of gum.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Suick" wrote:
    Childress appears to be hitching his star to Travaris Jackson, the Vikings’ third second-round pick last year.

That still seems to be a big stretch.

Amen to that
    Hey...who knows?
    Belichick hitched HIS star to a SIXTH-ROUNDER...and look at what happened.
    OF COURSE, everyone KNOWS that the Patsy DEFENSE really won those games. (And what do you know...we have a pretty good defense too...hmmmm...maybe there's hope after all?)
    ;D

I would rather get TJack some weapons to throw to and give him a shot at stepping up into the starter's role.
    Worst case scenario...we suck next season and draft Brian Brohm next season...who is a MUCH BETTER QB than Quinn will ever be!
    All you Quinn bastards can bite me...here's to the team that drafts him...Go Quinn!!

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Suick" wrote:
    Childress appears to be hitching his star to Travaris Jackson, the Vikings’ third second-round pick last year.

Amen to that
    Hey...who knows?
    OF COURSE, everyone KNOWS that the Patsy DEFENSE really won those games. (And what do you know...we have a pretty good defense too...hmmmm...maybe there's hope after all?)
    ;D

I would rather get TJack some weapons to throw to and give him a shot at stepping up into the starter's role.
    Worst case scenario...we suck next season and draft Brian Brohm next season...who is a MUCH BETTER QB than Quinn will ever be!
    All you Quinn bastards can bite me...here's to the team that drafts him...Go Quinn!!
    Oooooh!
    Now you've done it!
    You're gonna get a lot of hateful PMs from TJackson lovers.

I'm perplexed about Brian Brohm.
    "MUCH BETTER QB than Quinn will ever be"?
    ??? : Wait until TJackson busts to draft Brohm, but 'we need someone to make an immediate impact, so draft Landry, not Quinn, etc.'
    ???

The above 'comments' sequence seems to indicate some fans want to give TJ a chance to succeed, or bust.
    If he busts, the next step is to draft a replacement next year.
    The replacement QB, Brohm,... if the Vikings were 'lucky enough' to be in a position to draft him,... wouldn't develop until 2009.
    But, at the same time, many of the same fans are pushing to draft Landry, who 'should make an immediate impact'.
    I don't understand the need for an 'immediate impact' player in the 2007 draft when it isn't a certainty that Jackson will develop in 2007.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Suick" wrote:

Amen to that
    Hey...who knows?
    ;D

Oooooh!
    Now you've done it!

??? : Wait until TJackson busts to draft Brohm, but 'we need someone to make an immediate impact, so draft Landry, not Quinn, etc.'

???

The above 'comments' sequence seems to indicate some fans want to give TJ a chance to succeed, or bust.
    The replacement QB, Brohm,... if the Vikings were 'lucky enough' to be in a position to draft him,... wouldn't develop until 2009.
    But, at the same time, many of the same fans are pushing to draft Landry, who 'should make an immediate impact'.
    I don't understand the need for an 'immediate impact' player in the 2007 draft when it isn't a certainty that Jackson will develop in 2007.

well i think the thought process is, if we we're a rebuilding team as you say, and we invested what we already have in tjack and then draft quinn, what was the point of using 3 picks to take tjack.
    that's an awful lot for a backup qb.
    i mean if it's a matter of value and you have to draft him fine, cuz then maybe you can get something in return somewhere down the line.
    but if not, and you draft quinn, doesn't the job basically have to be his?
    when you have other problems and you use a top 10 pick on qb, doesn't that mean that tjack is bascially done before he even plays?
    we can all talk about a competition but the bottom line is tjack would have to be phenominal otherwise we have to go with the guy we invested the number 7 pick on. i just dont see the point, i think it'd be a setback more than a step forward.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Suick" wrote:

Amen to that
    Hey...who knows?
    ;D

Oooooh!
    Now you've done it!

???

NOTHING is a certainty...but it's a pretty good bet that if TJack gets some help on offense via the draft, that he will have a BETTER chance of succeeding, not only next season, but also down the road.

Another ALMOST CERTAINTY is that Purplexing thinks that he (or she) thinks that he (or she) knows better than everyone else on the PP.O board what is best for the Vikings!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i do not see favre or aikman in russell and quinn
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast