Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings need to draft new ‘face’ for ailing franchise

"singersp" wrote:

Published April 24, 2007 01:59 pm - Childress & Co. can officially close the door on the previous chapter and move forward toward the future by drafting none other than a franchise quarterback.

[size=13pt]Vikings need to draft new ‘face’ for ailing franchise[/size]

Give TJack his shot at the starting job...if he fails, then draft Brian Brohm next season...he's WAY better than Quinn anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    this we be the new face of the vikes

Great one DD, however, I would be a proponent of a picture that included everyone on the team as a team effort, to include some of these guys.
    ;D

[img width=60 height=80]http://images.nfl.com/images/draft/2006/mugs/jackson_tavaris.jpg[/img]

[img width=65 height=90]http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/6475.jpg[/img]

[img width=65 height=90]http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/7766.jpg[/img]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Published April 24, 2007 01:59 pm - Childress & Co. can officially close the door on the previous chapter and move forward toward the future by drafting none other than a franchise quarterback.

Give TJack his shot at the starting job...if he fails, then draft Brian Brohm next season...he's WAY better than Quinn anyway!
    Not according to the HUNDREDS of PRO SCOUTS who ranked TJ as a 3rd-6th round pick last year, and Quinn as a TOP TEN pick this year.
    And yes, they're mostly the same set of HUNDREDS of PRO SCOUTS who made those two rankings.

But, please explain why we're supposed to heed your opinion.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Not according to the HUNDREDS of PRO SCOUTS who ranked TJ as a 3rd-6th round pick last year, and Quinn as a TOP TEN pick this year.
    And yes, they're mostly the same set of HUNDREDS of PRO SCOUTS who made those two rankings.

He was talking about Brian Brohm, not T-Jack. But T-Jack was so underrated because of the college he went to. That's why he such a big question mark. He has the physical tools to be a good quarterback in the nfl. What does Brady Quinn have that Tarvaris doesn't?

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

He was talking about Brian Brohm, not T-Jack. But T-Jack was so underrated because of the college he went to. That's why he such a big question mark. He has the physical tools to be a good quarterback in the nfl. What does Brady Quinn have that Tarvaris doesn't?
    What if Tarvaris would have stayed at Arkansas and Houston Nutt would have installed more of a passing offense instead of opting for more of a rushing offense with Matt Jones as the QB?
    It could've happened...instead TJack transferred to a I-AA school so that he wouldn't lose a year of eligibility and acquitted himself very well in a more traditional passing offense.

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Because if Brohm would have come out THIS year, he would have been drafted ahead of Quinn...and possibly JaMarcus as well.
    He's that good...REALLY!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Here's the face of the franchise.
    Get used to it.

[img width=300 height=225]http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2006/01/06_williamsb_childress/images/childress_large.jpg[/img]

You mean the scull of the franchise.
    Just by staring at the mug I'm starting to miss Meathead a little.
    Not for his coaching skills, but just the type of guy he was.
    I'm sure the Chiller will work out fine, but you had to like Meathead's personality.
    Well I guess you can say it were never boring.

Even if he yapped his mouth when he shouldn't have, we could get some good press conferences to listen to.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Childress appears to be hitching his star to Travaris Jackson, the Vikings’ third second-round pick last year.

That still seems to be a big stretch.

Amen to that
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

"Suick" wrote:
    Childress appears to be hitching his star to Travaris Jackson, the Vikings’ third second-round pick last year.

That still seems to be a big stretch.

Amen to that
    Hey...who knows?
    Belichick hitched HIS star to a SIXTH-ROUNDER...and look at what happened.
    OF COURSE, everyone KNOWS that the Patsy DEFENSE really won those games. (And what do you know...we have a pretty good defense too...hmmmm...maybe there's hope after all?)
    ;D

I would rather get TJack some weapons to throw to and give him a shot at stepping up into the starter's role.
    Worst case scenario...we suck next season and draft Brian Brohm next season...who is a MUCH BETTER QB than Quinn will ever be!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast