Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings Narrow QB Focus

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    We need somebody. I remember back in '98 people around the state were questioning the fact we got cunningham for a back-up. I'm not saying our future back-up will give us a season like that, but if brad gets hurt, we need somebody, anybody to step up. Many thought cunningham was washed up. Sometimes, the QB's just need a new situation, you never know one of these possible back-ups could do wonders for us. Childress is supposed to be a great QB coach.

then I want Cutler... Childress could make a heck of a QB out of this guy

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Schaub, Cutler or Leinhart....whatever it takes!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings | Team will visit with McMahon
    Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:31:04 -0800

Jeff Darlington, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Minnesota Vikings will visit with free agent QB Mike McMahon (Eagles) Wednesday, March 22.

Well if we end up with this guy, that would all but garuntee we go after a QB in the draft to be the future. Maybe he can be a good backup but if we have this guy and Brad goes down, our running game better be all that we hope it will be.

[color=red]

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

lets just give our 1st round and Kliensasser for Schaub and get it over with.

SCHAUB :evil:
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

"happy camper" wrote:

Our first rounder for Schaub? No way! He may look impressive during pre-season games and relief action for Vick but he is not worth the 17th pick in the draft. We should use that pick on a LB or safety, or else hope that some how Cutler falls to us which after all of the offseason moves by teams could now happen.

rdknieff is offline Starter

"happy camper" wrote:

Haa!! You gotta be kiddin'! I don't think I'd give up Jimmy K for him alone let alone our pick! Besides, aren't there talks about us using our 1st rounder with another pick to move up?
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

he played awesome against the patriots in regular season

he already has experience

he is used to the west coast offense

its a no brainer. do we want to wait around for 2-3 years before we can start to think about a SB because we're waiting for a rookie to catch up?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy camper" wrote:

its a no brainer. do we want to wait around for 2-3 years before we can start to think about a SB because we're waiting for a rookie to catch up?
    One game doesn't mean a thing especially since the Patriots defense was horrible at that point of the season. THere corners were like Randal Gay, Earthwind Moreland, and Troy Brown. Also I don't think we are going to have to wait 2-3 years for a rookie to catch up because Brad Johnson will start this year and possibly next year as well. That will give a rookie some time to learn the system and now that we have a good o-line I think a rookie could have success relativly early on in our offense anyways.

rdknieff is offline Starter

"happy camper" wrote:

I really don't like being negative and I'm always optimistic about my team, but I don't really know if the SB will be any nearer to us now than in 2-3 years anyway....We're undergoing major renovations in every aspect of the team and besides, how often do 1st year coaches reach the Big Prize anyway? I say move up into the top 5 w/ a pick trade & try to snag up Leinart or Cutler
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

"rdknieff" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:

I really don't like being negative and I'm always optimistic about my team, but I don't really know if the SB will be any nearer to us now than in 2-3 years anyway....We're undergoing major renovations in every aspect of the team and besides, how often do 1st year coaches reach the Big Prize anyway? I say move up into the top 5 w/ a pick trade & try to snag up Leinart or Cutler
    Nice Point but we should not move up into the top 5 to get Leinart or Cutler. THe price would be way too high and plus there is a possibility of Cutler falling into the low teens and if we are luck maybe even to us. We have too many other needs at LB, Right side of the O-line, and SS to be giving up multiple pics to snag a QB. Stay where we are and draft the best available player whether it be Cutler or who ever else.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast