Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Nab Best UDFA Class - Signees are talented

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Pompei: Vikings Nab Best Undrafted Free Agent Class[/size]

by Gonzo on May 5, 2008 7:30 PM CDT
    dailynorseman.com

Well, it looks like someone on the other side of enemy lines likes what the Beloved Purple did after the draft, as Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune has declared the Vikings' UDFA class as the best in the NFL......

ITUS
    ;D

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    My only problem with this list is too much of it is Defensive.
    We need some work on offense.
    what do we need on offense besides some depth on the o-line and some competition for WR?

Oh yea they picked up a couple of both through the draft and UDFA's....

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

What I hate to see is like last year when our talent is so good that we let so many get released because we are so deep in certain places and like Devonte Edwards
    among others went to teams as starters right away. Says alot for our crew. I am once again going to hate to see s many talented players get cut ....wich we coul get trade
    bait or something for them. at least 6th rounders. We relased so many last year and the one that really hurt was the QB we drafted I loved.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I still can't believe we cut Devonte Edwards over Ronyell (I can cover anyone) Whittaker

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    what do we need on offense besides some depth on the o-line and some competition for WR?

Glad you asked....
    A pass catching TE - Will you bet you life that Shank is the 32nd best TE in this league? I believe some teams have a backup better than him. We need a TE and Eric Johnson is said TE. Shank has been costing teams games since his days on the Giants. He's thrash!

A solid # 1 WR - We have a lot of questions marks. BB is idealy a # 2. He might transform into a # 1 but so far he's a # 2. Rice looks like he has the skills to be good. However, he only had 344 yrds. That's a far cry from Micheal Clayton's 1000 yard rookie season a few years back and he's a bust. We addressed it in FA and UDF but really none of the guys we brought in are # 1's. We have a guy tha played in the FCS and didn't break a 1000 yards receiving. I believe his stats were 700 yrd and 7 tds! WTF is that? he other WR we brought in is more of a RB than a WR. He has always been looked a tthat way and While he is talented, He would be looking to take he 3rd or 4th WR spot. Instead of Johnson, I owuld have wished we took Sweed in the 2nd and trade a 2nd next year and 6th to take take Johnson. I know this opinion is not very popular as everyon thinks AA and BW are greak gods and will be unstopable next year
    :.

IwearSox21 is offline Training Camp

"purplepowered" wrote:
    What I hate to see is like last year when our talent is so good that we let so many get released because we are so deep in certain places and like Devonte Edwards
    among others went to teams as starters right away. Says alot for our crew. I am once again going to hate to see s many talented players get cut ....wich we coul get trade
    bait or something for them. at least 6th rounders. We relased so many last year and the one that really hurt was the QB we drafted I loved.
    I kno wi wish that all our players could make the team they always seem to cut a player or two that i really like, like edwards.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Glad you asked....
    A pass catching TE - Will you bet you life that Shank is the 32nd best TE in this league? I believe some teams have a backup better than him. We need a TE and Eric Johnson is said TE. Shank has been costing teams games since his days on the Giants. He's thrash!

A solid # 1 WR - We have a lot of questions marks. BB is idealy a # 2. He might transform into a # 1 but so far he's a # 2. Rice looks like he has the skills to be good. However, he only had 344 yrds. That's a far cry from Micheal Clayton's 1000 yard rookie season a few years back and he's a bust. We addressed it in FA and UDF but really none of the guys we brought in are # 1's. We have a guy tha played in the FCS and didn't break a 1000 yards receiving. I believe his stats were 700 yrd and 7 tds! WTF is that? he other WR we brought in is more of a RB than a WR. He has always been looked a tthat way and While he is talented, He would be looking to take he 3rd or 4th WR spot. Instead of Johnson, I owuld have wished we took Sweed in the 2nd and trade a 2nd next year and 6th to take take Johnson. I know this opinion is not very popular as everyon thinks AA and BW are greak gods and will be unstopable next year

HUH? :-\
    What does this have to do with UDFA?
    Should we have brought in our #1 WR in UDFA?
    ???
    Or, do you have a comment relevant to this thread?
    Like, do you think we should've brought in someone post draft that we didn't?
    Also, you don't agree with addressing the #32 pass defense in the NFL
    ???
    Is your hypothesis that Sweed would be our #1 WR???

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Glad you asked....
    I probably wouldn't state my life on it (seriously) but I would bet that he is better than the 32nd best TE in the league.

He was ranked 33rd by this guy (I like how he breaks stuff down better than the ESPN/NFL sites) and according to most casual fans, he had a bad year last year.

By the way, your boy Johnson wasn't much better.
    26th and 28th.
    ;D

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te.php

Why do you get so wrapped around the axel on the whole outdated #1, #2 #3 WR thing.
    How many times do I have to show you that it really doesn't apply in a WCO?

Quick question (I think I've asked you this before).
    Who is the #1 WR on the Pats?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Glad you asked....

HUH? :-\
    What does this have to do with UDFA?
    Should we have brought in our #1 WR in UDFA?
    ???
    Or, do you have a comment relevant to this thread?
    Like, do you think we should've brought in someone post draft that we didn't?
    Also, you don't agree with addressing the #32 pass defense in the NFL
    ???
    Is your hypothesis that Sweed would be our #1 WR???
    Our pass defense was ranked 32nd agaisnt the pass based on yards per game. Teams decided to pass against us because we stop the run so efficently. Drafting Johnson won't fix our pass defense.

I think Sweed is capable of being a #1 WR.

To answer your question...I said that i liked what we did but I wished we would have addressed the side of the ball that needed the most help. Last time I checked, we didn't lose too many games because of defense last year. I can't say the samething about the offense.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kevoncox" wrote:

Glad you asked....
    V-Shi has only played for two teams, the Giants & the Vikings. Since you claim that he has cost teams games since his days on the Giants That could only mean one team, not multiple teams...........the Vikings.

What specific games are you referring to that Shank has cost us?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast