Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    [size=13pt]Vikings day at camp[/size]

    Last update: August 3, 2009 - 8:58 PM



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    ...Adrian Peterson tried to pull a fast one on the coaching staff when he ran into the huddle with the second-team offense during a third-and-short drill. Coach Brad Childress quickly realized it when they broke huddle and blew his whistle. He sent Peterson to the sideline and replaced him with Albert Young...
    lol, trying to pull one over on the omnipotent Chiller.

    ...Phil Loadholt, the team's massive second-round pick, has been playing with the first team at right tackle and, according to Brad Childress, is where the coach would want a starting-caliber offensive lineman to be. "He learns every rep, that's what I love about him," Childress said. " ... It's great that he's getting all these turns against some premium rushers."...
    No doubt, talk about learning under fire with one of the best D-lines in the NFL coming at you every play.
    Great opportunity to decrease the slope of the learning curve.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    "Prophet" wrote:
    ...Adrian Peterson tried to pull a fast one on the coaching staff when he ran into the huddle with the second-team offense during a third-and-short drill. Coach Brad Childress quickly realized it when they broke huddle and blew his whistle. He sent Peterson to the sideline and replaced him with Albert Young...
    lol, trying to pull one over on the omnipotent Chiller.

    ...Phil Loadholt, the team's massive second-round pick, has been playing with the first team at right tackle and, according to Brad Childress, is where the coach would want a starting-caliber offensive lineman to be. "He learns every rep, that's what I love about him," Childress said. " ... It's great that he's getting all these turns against some premium rushers."...
    No doubt, talk about learning under fire with one of the best D-lines in the NFL coming at you every play.
    Great opportunity to decrease the slope of the learning curve.
    Haha, yea i was wondering why the hell AD was on the field for that


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  4. #4
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    "Prophet" wrote:
    ...Adrian Peterson tried to pull a fast one on the coaching staff when he ran into the huddle with the second-team offense during a third-and-short drill. Coach Brad Childress quickly realized it when they broke huddle and blew his whistle. He sent Peterson to the sideline and replaced him with Albert Young...
    lol, trying to pull one over on the omnipotent Chiller.

    ...Phil Loadholt, the team's massive second-round pick, has been playing with the first team at right tackle and, according to Brad Childress, is where the coach would want a starting-caliber offensive lineman to be. "He learns every rep, that's what I love about him," Childress said. " ... It's great that he's getting all these turns against some premium rushers."...
    No doubt, talk about learning under fire with one of the best D-lines in the NFL coming at you every play.
    Great opportunity to decrease the slope of the learning curve.
    I wonder if they have Allen playing any LDE to help out Load?

    Vikes_King, have you seen any of that?

    I would think it woudl be a good move, after how much it helped McKinnie last year, I'd imagine it would be fantastic to get Load practice blocking one of the best in the game.

  5. #5
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    SIGNAL CALLING

    Rosenfels had his best day in camp by far and appears to be getting more comfortable with the offense. Rosenfels said his timing with his receivers also is improving with each practice. John David Booty continues to get extra work with Tarvaris Jackson sidelined. Booty even got a few reps with the first-team offense in the morning.
    It must be tough getting the timing down going back and forth with all the WRs in camp, first team and second team.
    They all have different speeds.

    Side Note.......... Not sure about linking to the Official Site of the Vikings, had some problems with them in the past......
    so I will just mention it.....
    But they have some cool videos on their site of camp clips and player interviews.
    I like the Mayock interview.
    There were some Harvin clips in there while they were talking.
    Harvin catches with his hands very well.
    I liked what Mayock said about the team and its overall talent since Chilly got here.
    He said that we need "elevated QB play" and we can compete.

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

    Rosenfels had his best day in camp by far and appears to be getting more comfortable with the offense. Rosenfels said his timing with his receivers also is improving with each practice. John David Booty continues to get extra work with Tarvaris Jackson sidelined. Booty even got a few reps with the first-team offense in the morning.
    It must be tough getting the timing down going back and forth with all the WRs in camp, first team and second team.
    They all have different speeds.
    Thats something they need to be able to react to though.
    If a receiver gets bumped, taht throws off the timing, the QB will have to adjust his throw accordingly.
    The great QB's can do this, the average, career backups, not as well.

  7. #7
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

    Rosenfels had his best day in camp by far and appears to be getting more comfortable with the offense. Rosenfels said his timing with his receivers also is improving with each practice. John David Booty continues to get extra work with Tarvaris Jackson sidelined. Booty even got a few reps with the first-team offense in the morning.
    It must be tough getting the timing down going back and forth with all the WRs in camp, first team and second team.
    They all have different speeds.
    Thats something they need to be able to react to though.
    If a receiver gets bumped, taht throws off the timing, the QB will have to adjust his throw accordingly.
    The great QB's can do this, the average, career backups, not as well.
    Having guys that can get open and finish their routes has to help "great QBs."
    Knowing what catches a WR can make is also nice to know.


    Considering that they have only been practicing a few days, he should be getting his timing down, which it sounds like he is.
    When Peyton Manning has shown up for camp, I am sure a majority of his reps (before this season) consisted of Wayne, Harrison and one other WR.
    Two of the spots were sewn up already.
    Right now, we can assume that the only spot sewn up is BBs spot.
    All I am saying is that repetition is great and the sooner we know the starting QB and the starting WRs the more time the first unit will have to gel before the season starts.
    We have a lot of questions unanswered at this point.

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

    Rosenfels had his best day in camp by far and appears to be getting more comfortable with the offense. Rosenfels said his timing with his receivers also is improving with each practice. John David Booty continues to get extra work with Tarvaris Jackson sidelined. Booty even got a few reps with the first-team offense in the morning.
    It must be tough getting the timing down going back and forth with all the WRs in camp, first team and second team.
    They all have different speeds.
    Thats something they need to be able to react to though.
    If a receiver gets bumped, taht throws off the timing, the QB will have to adjust his throw accordingly.
    The great QB's can do this, the average, career backups, not as well.
    Having guys that can get open and finish their routes has to help "great QBs."
    Knowing what catches a WR can make is also nice to know.


    Considering that they have only been practicing a few days, he should be getting his timing down, which it sounds like he is.
    When Peyton Manning has shown up for camp, I am sure a majority of his reps (before this season) consisted of Wayne, Harrison and one other WR.
    Two of the spots were sewn up already.
    Right now, we can assume that the only spot sewn up is BBs spot.
    All I am saying is that repetition is great and the sooner we know the starting QB and the starting WRs the more time the first unit will have to gel before the season starts.
    We have a lot of questions unanswered at this point.
    not disagreeing with you, but the QB's should have to be able to adjust.
    Having the same guysmakes it easier, but you don't always throw to the same guys.
    If they stick Allison out there, a QB can't expect him to be in the same spot on a given playthat Wade was.

  9. #9
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

    Rosenfels had his best day in camp by far and appears to be getting more comfortable with the offense. Rosenfels said his timing with his receivers also is improving with each practice. John David Booty continues to get extra work with Tarvaris Jackson sidelined. Booty even got a few reps with the first-team offense in the morning.
    It must be tough getting the timing down going back and forth with all the WRs in camp, first team and second team.
    They all have different speeds.
    Thats something they need to be able to react to though.
    If a receiver gets bumped, taht throws off the timing, the QB will have to adjust his throw accordingly.
    The great QB's can do this, the average, career backups, not as well.
    Having guys that can get open and finish their routes has to help "great QBs."
    Knowing what catches a WR can make is also nice to know.


    Considering that they have only been practicing a few days, he should be getting his timing down, which it sounds like he is.
    When Peyton Manning has shown up for camp, I am sure a majority of his reps (before this season) consisted of Wayne, Harrison and one other WR.
    Two of the spots were sewn up already.
    Right now, we can assume that the only spot sewn up is BBs spot.
    All I am saying is that repetition is great and the sooner we know the starting QB and the starting WRs the more time the first unit will have to gel before the season starts.
    We have a lot of questions unanswered at this point.
    not disagreeing with you, but the QB's should have to be able to adjust.
    Having the same guysmakes it easier, but you don't always throw to the same guys.
    If they stick Allison out there, a QB can't expect him to be in the same spot on a given playthat Wade was.
    We are saying pretty much the same thing from different angles.


    Can we agree on the fact that we don't have a great QB and it would be nice for him to have repetition and practice with the same guys over and over..... practice makes perfect!

    LOL!

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

    Rosenfels had his best day in camp by far and appears to be getting more comfortable with the offense. Rosenfels said his timing with his receivers also is improving with each practice. John David Booty continues to get extra work with Tarvaris Jackson sidelined. Booty even got a few reps with the first-team offense in the morning.
    It must be tough getting the timing down going back and forth with all the WRs in camp, first team and second team.
    They all have different speeds.
    Thats something they need to be able to react to though.
    If a receiver gets bumped, taht throws off the timing, the QB will have to adjust his throw accordingly.
    The great QB's can do this, the average, career backups, not as well.
    Having guys that can get open and finish their routes has to help "great QBs."
    Knowing what catches a WR can make is also nice to know.


    Considering that they have only been practicing a few days, he should be getting his timing down, which it sounds like he is.
    When Peyton Manning has shown up for camp, I am sure a majority of his reps (before this season) consisted of Wayne, Harrison and one other WR.
    Two of the spots were sewn up already.
    Right now, we can assume that the only spot sewn up is BBs spot.
    All I am saying is that repetition is great and the sooner we know the starting QB and the starting WRs the more time the first unit will have to gel before the season starts.
    We have a lot of questions unanswered at this point.
    not disagreeing with you, but the QB's should have to be able to adjust.
    Having the same guysmakes it easier, but you don't always throw to the same guys.
    If they stick Allison out there, a QB can't expect him to be in the same spot on a given playthat Wade was.
    We are saying pretty much the same thing from different angles.


    Can we agree on the fact that we don't have a great QB and it would be nice for him to have repetition and practice with the same guys over and over..... practice makes perfect!

    LOL!
    I agree, but we don't have the receivers that can constantly be in the same place during routes in real games either, so they have to both improve.
    Consistency at receiver, as well as improved QB play, which has really been our biggest problem for the past 5 years.

Similar Threads

  1. With the 54th Pick the Vikings Select Phil Loadholt
    By SharperImage in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 257
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 04:04 PM
  3. Phil Loadholt is visiting the Vikings today
    By mewario in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 03:15 PM
  4. Vikings trading a 3rd for Sage Rosenfels?
    By FinNasty23 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 08:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •