singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

[size=13pt]Vikings day at camp[/size]

Last update: August 3, 2009 - 8:58 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Monday at camp - Sage, AD, Loadholt

...Adrian Peterson tried to pull a fast one on the coaching staff when he ran into the huddle with the second-team offense during a third-and-short drill. Coach Brad Childress quickly realized it when they broke huddle and blew his whistle. He sent Peterson to the sideline and replaced him with Albert Young...
    lol, trying to pull one over on the omnipotent Chiller.

...Phil Loadholt, the team's massive second-round pick, has been playing with the first team at right tackle and, according to Brad Childress, is where the coach would want a starting-caliber offensive lineman to be. "He learns every rep, that's what I love about him," Childress said. " ... It's great that he's getting all these turns against some premium rushers."...
    No doubt, talk about learning under fire with one of the best D-lines in the NFL coming at you every play.
    Great opportunity to decrease the slope of the learning curve.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    ...Adrian Peterson tried to pull a fast one on the coaching staff when he ran into the huddle with the second-team offense during a third-and-short drill. Coach Brad Childress quickly realized it when they broke huddle and blew his whistle. He sent Peterson to the sideline and replaced him with Albert Young...

...Phil Loadholt, the team's massive second-round pick, has been playing with the first team at right tackle and, according to Brad Childress, is where the coach would want a starting-caliber offensive lineman to be. "He learns every rep, that's what I love about him," Childress said. " ... It's great that he's getting all these turns against some premium rushers."...
    No doubt, talk about learning under fire with one of the best D-lines in the NFL coming at you every play.
    Haha, yea i was wondering why the hell AD was on the field for that

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:

I wonder if they have Allen playing any LDE to help out Load?

Vikes_King, have you seen any of that?

I would think it woudl be a good move, after how much it helped McKinnie last year, I'd imagine it would be fantastic to get Load practice blocking one of the best in the game.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

SIGNAL CALLING

Rosenfels had his best day in camp by far and appears to be getting more comfortable with the offense. Rosenfels said his timing with his receivers also is improving with each practice. John David Booty continues to get extra work with Tarvaris Jackson sidelined. Booty even got a few reps with the first-team offense in the morning.
    It must be tough getting the timing down going back and forth with all the WRs in camp, first team and second team.
    They all have different speeds.

Side Note.......... Not sure about linking to the Official Site of the Vikings, had some problems with them in the past......
    so I will just mention it.....
    But they have some cool videos on their site of camp clips and player interviews.
    I like the Mayock interview.
    There were some Harvin clips in there while they were talking.
    Harvin catches with his hands very well.
    I liked what Mayock said about the team and its overall talent since Chilly got here.
    He said that we need "elevated QB play" and we can compete.

Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

Rosenfels had his best day in camp by far and appears to be getting more comfortable with the offense. Rosenfels said his timing with his receivers also is improving with each practice. John David Booty continues to get extra work with Tarvaris Jackson sidelined. Booty even got a few reps with the first-team offense in the morning.
    It must be tough getting the timing down going back and forth with all the WRs in camp, first team and second team.
    Thats something they need to be able to react to though.
    If a receiver gets bumped, taht throws off the timing, the QB will have to adjust his throw accordingly.
    The great QB's can do this, the average, career backups, not as well.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

If a receiver gets bumped, taht throws off the timing, the QB will have to adjust his throw accordingly.
    Having guys that can get open and finish their routes has to help "great QBs."
    Knowing what catches a WR can make is also nice to know.

Considering that they have only been practicing a few days, he should be getting his timing down, which it sounds like he is.
    When Peyton Manning has shown up for camp, I am sure a majority of his reps (before this season) consisted of Wayne, Harrison and one other WR.
    Two of the spots were sewn up already.
    Right now, we can assume that the only spot sewn up is BBs spot.
    All I am saying is that repetition is great and the sooner we know the starting QB and the starting WRs the more time the first unit will have to gel before the season starts.
    We have a lot of questions unanswered at this point.

Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

Considering that they have only been practicing a few days, he should be getting his timing down, which it sounds like he is.
    When Peyton Manning has shown up for camp, I am sure a majority of his reps (before this season) consisted of Wayne, Harrison and one other WR.
    All I am saying is that repetition is great and the sooner we know the starting QB and the starting WRs the more time the first unit will have to gel before the season starts.
    not disagreeing with you, but the QB's should have to be able to adjust.
    Having the same guysmakes it easier, but you don't always throw to the same guys.
    If they stick Allison out there, a QB can't expect him to be in the same spot on a given playthat Wade was.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

Having the same guysmakes it easier, but you don't always throw to the same guys.
    If they stick Allison out there, a QB can't expect him to be in the same spot on a given playthat Wade was.
    We are saying pretty much the same thing from different angles.

Can we agree on the fact that we don't have a great QB and it would be nice for him to have repetition and practice with the same guys over and over..... practice makes perfect!

LOL!

Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    SIGNAL CALLING

We are saying pretty much the same thing from different angles.

Can we agree on the fact that we don't have a great QB and it would be nice for him to have repetition and practice with the same guys over and over..... practice makes perfect!

LOL!
    I agree, but we don't have the receivers that can constantly be in the same place during routes in real games either, so they have to both improve.
    Consistency at receiver, as well as improved QB play, which has really been our biggest problem for the past 5 years.