Vikings Mock Draft

This one will win us a superbowl this season, and give us a bright future (jk)

Round 1 (7) - FS LaRon Landry (trade 7 to miami for their 9 pick and other pick(s))
    Round 2(41) - OG Justin Blalock
    Round 3 (72) - DE Dan Bazuin
    Round 4(102) - WR Jason Hill, Courtney Taylor, Paul Williams, or David Clowney
    Round 5(136) - QB Kevin Kolb
    Round 6(167) - ILB Anthony Waters
    Round 7(198) - C Scott Stephenson

I know i didnt draft a qb early, i still have trust in T-Jack, but i think we should sign a veteran like Drew Bledsoe just in case, is going to come cheap (i know i will get slack for this one), and i think Kevin Kolb is going to be the suprise of the draft

i think Landry, Blalock, Bazuin, Hill, and Waters will all be starters for someone this year and play well

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Mock Draft

i have no idea who any of the guys you just mentioned are
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"mr.woo" wrote:
    i have no idea who any of the guys you just mentioned are

Sorry i'll give an explanantion of who they are:

Round 1 (7) - FS LaRon Landry (LSU) (trade 7 to miami for their 9 pick and other pick(s)) - #1 Safety prospect, fast, smart, great size, jump, physical, great open field tackler, can play man great in zone, next Ed Reed NO will be better than Ed Reed

Round 2(41) - OG Justin Blalock (Texas) - ranked high by most for OGs, great size, strength, balanced, cant be taken down, started all 51 games for texas

Round 3 (72) - DE Dan Bazuin (Central Michigan) - quick, strong, good tackler, 26.5 sacks last 2 seasons (24 games)

Round 4(102) - WR Jason Hill (Washington State) - avg speed, very good size, good hands, tough, should look good opposite T-Will.

Round 5(136) - QB Kevin Kolb (Houston) - great completion # through whole college career, amazing numbers, low interceptions (other than 2005), good size, good accuracy

Round 6(167) - ILB Anthony Waters (Clemson) - tough, muscular, active, hard worker, had amazing season in 2005, injured last season.

Round 7(198) - C Scott Stephenson (Iowa State) - tough but not strong, quick off ball, good build, moves nicely, smart

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"WINchester" wrote:
    This one will win us a superbowl this season, and give us a bright future (jk)

Round 1 (7) - FS LaRon Landry (trade 7 to miami for their 9 pick and other pick(s))
    Round 2(41) - OG Justin Blalock
    Round 3 (72) - DE Dan Bazuin
    Round 4(102) - WR Jason Hill, Courtney Taylor, Paul Williams, or David Clowney
    Round 5(136) - QB Kevin Kolb
    Round 6(167) - ILB Anthony Waters
    Round 7(198) - C Scott Stephenson

I know i didnt draft a qb early, i still have trust in T-Jack, but i think we should sign a veteran like Drew Bledsoe just in case, is going to come cheap (i know i will get slack for this one), and i think Kevin Kolb is going to be the suprise of the draft

i think Landry, Blalock, Bazuin, Hill, and Waters will all be starters for someone this year and play well
    I like those picks, WIN...IF we can't move up to get Calvin Johnson, that is.
    Except tgat I am reluctant to wait until the fourth round to take a WR....I would rather take someone like Craig Davis...or Meachem if he slips down to us then go OL with the fourth rounder.
    I still have faith that Marcus Johnson can step into the RG spot and that Cook can stabilize the RT spot, but I don't have as much faith in our group of WRs.

I especially like the Kolb pick...I agree that he could turn out to be a surprise in the NFL. (plus since I went to law school at U of Houston, I would love to see him with the Vikes and being successful)
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

will jason hill and kevin kolb actually be around that late? i know the WR and QB is pretty deep, but i do not think it is that deep.
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    will jason hill and kevin kolb actually be around that late? i know the WR and QB is pretty deep, but i do not think it is that deep.

i do not really think Jason Hill will be around thats why i added taylor, Clowney, and Williams, but most mock drafts have Kolb dropping to a 5-6th round.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I like the Landry pick, but these days I'm still leaning toward trading down.

This team has so many needs on offense that I don't know if sacrificing a possble extra first day pick for a defensive player is a good idea...

That said, I agree that he's a freak and will be a game-changer for whoever picks him up.
    -Sno